Tottenham Hotspur vs Leicester City. May 1st, Sunday – 2 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don’t know what it was like at the ground but it was fucking surreal when we were about to kick off, players were all standing still, and it was really quiet except for that stupid mawkish bollocks can’t smile with you blaring out the tannoy.

Hardly a stirring “get everyone up for it” anthem.
There was quite a buzz at the ground, and seemed to me that it was the busiest it's been for a long time, and I agree with you about that song. Maybe some "Eye of The Tiger"would get the blood pumping😀?:contepoint:

Great performance only marred by moss being too fat to keep up with the game and the slow service in the shelf bar after the match.

I might be in the minority here but Emerson looked more comfortable and composed when kulu came on.

As for Sess, he's a lost cause, felt sorry for Davies, receiving the ball to look up and the wing back is ball watching

Winks certainly provided the Foxes with a glimmer of hope, lovely to see him wave the player through for a shot on goal.

It was laughable the amount of effort he made and tbf to him he actually looked guilty immediately afterwards

One of Daka or Ilheanacho would be a shrewd buy for Spurs as a Kane/son backup
Iheanacho has 2 years left on his deal and is represented by ICM Stellar Sports. Aka our good friend Jonathan Barnett (Bale's agent).

I guess it would come down to if Leicester would be willing to do business with us.

I don’t know what it was like at the ground but it was fucking surreal when we were about to kick off, players were all standing still, and it was really quiet except for that stupid mawkish bollocks can’t smile with you blaring out the tannoy.

It is a terrible decision to play it. Whoever's decision it was to play it and continue to play it should be dismissed.

Just watched the highlights MOTD, the commentator won't last long, he was very complimentary to us!
I didn't realise our possession rate was only 37%, just shows it means squat to the actual result of a game.
I thought overall, we played well. Although we had a couple of scares, we were in reasonable control of the game.
Can't give Cuti enough praise for his performance today, the guy is a collossus. Those two tackles that led to Sonny's first - I'm still picking up my jaw off the floor.
Sonny's second was incredible, don't know why we don't try long range shots more often.
Glad H scored too, as April was a barren month for him.
Enjoyable afternoon, all in all. At this stage of the season, capturing the three points is what it's all about, a good performance is a bonus.

I did as all I could think first half is that if we give up that kind of possession up against Woolwich then we can definitely kiss winning that game goodbye. We need more control of the ball against them.

I don't think we played very well overall. First half was really bad, if Leicester hadn't rested all their good players we would have been severely punished for the way we were giving the ball away. Lloris made a wonder-save and Romero made a goal-saving clearance to preserve the clean sheet. Other than the gift Leicester gave us on the corner I don't think we ever looked like scoring a goal.

Second half was again poor until Kulusevski came on and played with genuine intent. His contribution won us the match. We are going to need to improve a lot to take points from our remaining games. Even though Leicester didn't care about this game and were just going through the motions they still caused us a lot of trouble, hit the post and scored a goal. Our more determined opponents in the remaining matches will be much tougher. I didn't walk out of the stadium feeling like we had proved anything. We did enough to beat an opponent that didn't care about the match and that's it.

He's in the country soon is Mr Manilow.

We need him live at the NLD I reckon!

Yeah what’s with that? Is it a new stadium thing? It’s really low key

I said yesterday to my nephew after 10 minutes we'd win because Leicester played far more openly than our previous 2 opponents. When Kane dropped into midfield the CB (Amartey I think) followed him all the way and stifled him pretty well - further evidence that teams are sussing us out - but beyond that they were pretty open defensively (a trait of Rodgers teams, he's a poor defensive coach imo). Kane turned the ball over a lot yesterday and looked a bit leggy to me.

I thought Son had an excellent game, he was lively, his touch was generally good as were his layoffs and he really seemed up for it. Finishing was obviously excellent too.

We retreat to the edge of the box as a team when out of possession, this is clearly being coached, we become compact and then try and hit on the break and it's no surprise that we've been rumbled a bit recently. I don't like the system personally, prefer to see us have more possession and I worry that we may have been found out a bit.

We need a better partner for Bent in midfield, PEH is not lacking for effort but he's not good enough with the ball for my liking, Emerson clearly needs replacing too.
I hope I'm wrong but top 4 will probably elude us now sadly, looking forward to the Liverpool game in a way, think it's a free hit with low expectations and they won't change the high line but I'll be surprised if they don't have a plan for Kane/Son.

Back
Top Bottom