Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool, 28/01, 8PM KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lol. Do you want a percentage or just a sub-total? Of all fans or just Spurs fans?
Are we also counting ceiling and oscillating fans?

Also, please define "happy".
No need for a politician's answer.

5th is complete failure unless he wins the Europa.
Imagine no Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg etc in the champions league. Would be unacceptable.

No need for a politician's answer.

5th is complete failure unless he wins the Europa.
Imagine no Kane, Son, Ndombele, Hojbjerg etc in the champions league. Would be unacceptable.
Spurs are the 6th richest club in the PL. Finishing 5th is technically overachieving.
Luckily, we have a chairmen in Daniel Levy that matches our vocal fanbase's commitment to excellence and high expectations.
I can definitely imagine no Højbjerg in the CL. That's not difficult at all.

Spurs are the 6th richest club in the PL. Finishing 5th is technically overachieving.
Luckily, we have a chairmen in Daniel Levy that matches our vocal fanbase's commitment to excellence and high expectations.
I can definitely imagine no Højbjerg in the CL. That's not difficult at all.
You're right, Spurs are the 6th richest team.
But Poch was sacked for 4th and a CL final on a shoe string budget after title challenges and numerous top 4 finishes.
Same standards must be applied to serial short term manager Jose who took/blagged this high paying job after going on about his revolutionary new tactics and love for this squad.

You're right, Spurs are the 6th richest team.
But Poch was sacked for 4th and a CL final on a shoe string budget after title challenges and numerous top 4 finishes.
Same standards must be applied to serial short term manager Jose who took/blagged this high paying job after going on about his revolutionary new tactics and love for this squad.
Mourinho didn’t need to “blag” shit to get this job. All he needed to do was to unzip his CV.
He’s the 2nd/3rd highest paid manager in the league and he’s being paid that much to overachieve. If he fails, Levy will certainly sack him.

Mourinho didn’t need to “blag” shit to get this job. All he needed to do was to unzip his CV.
He’s the 2nd/3rd highest paid manager in the league and he’s being paid that much to overachieve. If he fails, Levy will certainly sack him.
Quite a few reputable sources say Jose convinced Levy in their talks by going on about his new tactical developments.
This implied he could also overachieve like Poch but go even further. BLAGGED.

Lol. Do you want a percentage or just a sub-total? Of all fans or just Spurs fans?
Are we also counting ceiling and oscillating fans?

Also, please define "happy".

I think that answer shows about all we need to know about how weak your argument is.

Been a few days now and I am really here to say this match shows the real Spurs team and to show their mentality that they cannot defend over a 90 minutes match. It should have been back three of Rodon and Dier flanking experience Alderw. Also, Mourinho should make Holj the captain immediately as I do not see any value in Loris holding onto it. Loris pushed out was so stupid for their second goal. Even a novice goalkeeper know that those sort of shots you should have pushed it to the byline for the corner instead of pushing it out for the other team to score while you're on the floor.

When people don't agree with you it doesn't always necessarily mean they are 'stuck', sometimes it just means that the two of you have different (often equally plausible / valid) opinions. You come across as being very narrow-minded on the last few pages of this thread (though to be fair I appreciate I'm only looking at a very small sample of your posts - perhaps it's just on this particular topic).

"We're stuck" (in the debate) might be more appropriate.
Care to explain why Levy hired Jose and why there were reputable papers saying Jose's explanation of his new system convinced or played a part in Levy hiring him?
Or was that all made up and Levy offered Jose the job based on *checks notes* ... his history with clubs who spend obscene amounts.

Or is it gona be more of the "Can you prove we're not living in the matrix? What is life? Neither of us can be ever be proven right so who knows?" bollocks?

Doherty was perfectly adequate in the first half. He helped defend down that side and kept Salah quiet. The goal didn't come from his side and we were vastly worse in the second half after we fucked around with the team structure.

Putting Doherty at LWB meant we didn't have to change anything else from the Sheffield game, where we played reasonably well. And at 0-0 with seconds to go in the first half it worked reasonably well again.

Results either good or bad are never because of one player. Today we showed huge weaknesses as a team, multiple players made horrible errors and the team as a whole was not tough enough to stay in the game after Kane went off. The manager made the wrong substitutions and made things even worse.
He was absolutely fucking woeful in that first half. Passes inside gifting the opposition possession while were not in shape. Out of position didn't beat a single player. There was nothing adequate about his performance for the whole game imo.

When people don't agree with you it doesn't always necessarily mean they are 'stuck', sometimes it just means that the two of you have different (often equally plausible / valid) opinions.

"We're stuck" (in the debate) might be more appropriate.
And re: the part you deleted now

I'm so narrow-minded for using logic and reasoning to discard nonsense as opposed to giving all the possibilities in the universe the same weight. Such a stubborn chap I am. Everyone is right, nobody is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom