Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also we would have been a lot rustier than them. Despite the old excuses of “they had more rest” it is actually detrimental to teams to not be playing. Liverpool played 3 games since we last played and would have been more ready.

Yeh, we had out training ground shut FFS and played barely fit players.

Youve never really go over our levy debate have you. Thankfully he might have got right manager back to restore us. The question is will levy back him?

Whatever it is you're alluding to clearly it's YOU that hasn't got over it.

Question remains... Why you shit-talking Reggie?

I explain why I don't like posts, not why I don't like the poster.
I have always been a critic to the habit of slavishly following stats, rather than actually watching the game and understanding what is happening, based on what people see.

Too many posters on here are stat driven and don't seem to watch the game and appreciate what is actually happening. It's not science and if you have played the game at organised league level you should be able to appreciate what is good and what is skilful.
Spurs should have won the game on the chances they created, but Liverpool showed why they are so efficient by scoring two goals out of the only two real open opportunities they had.
Mate I tend to agree with the vast majority of your posts, but I must admit I thought your initial criticism of the poster on this topic was harsh. I watched the whole game intensely, but was also still be interested to know the 'xG' - because I recognise that even though I have my own way of judging the game, by simply watching it, I do however appreciate that stats are not entirely irrelevant, and sometimes force me think about something differently than just my own eyes. It doesn't have to be 'watch or stats' - both can legitimately be of interest / use.

I explain why I don't like posts, not why I don't like the poster.
I have always been a critic to the habit of slavishly following stats, rather than actually watching the game and understanding what is happening, based on what people see.

Too many posters on here are stat driven and don't seem to watch the game and appreciate what is actually happening. It's not science and if you have played the game at organised league level you should be able to appreciate what is good and what is skilful.
Spurs should have won the game on the chances they created, but Liverpool showed why they are so efficient by scoring two goals out of the only two real open opportunities they had.
None of which excuses you for attacking a poster who just answered a question.

Own it Mick. You're in the wrong.

I didn't write this...

Harry Winks
Started the game well from the off. His involvement in Kane's first half goal was crucial with a big sliding challenge in the Liverpool half which won Tottenham the ball back to start the move and whipped up the crowd. Played a couple of perfect balls over the top that set Spurs away on attacks and another curling pass in the final 15 minutes that led to Son's equaliser. Played the second half on a yellow card and this was one of his best performances in a long while. 9

What a game!!! Loved it. Conte effect showing, still only early days but finally we have a coach who can coach football players properly.

Few really good performances, notably Sess and Dele who were put in a great shift considering the shock of them starting.

Atmosphere was amazing.

I always disliked Liverpool but after todays match I dislike them even more. Anyone noticed when Liverpool slip up Klopp just loves throwing his toys out of the pram. Such a bad loser.

Was reduced to watching it on my phone in a restaurant with the family as we booked to go away this weekend before I realised we were playing.

To me, that was the first time we showed bottle, had a plan, and always looked like we had a plan on what to do. It's a shame some more of those chances didn't go in as I don't remember the last time we had that many clear chances.

Back
Top Bottom