Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really unfortunate not to come away with all 3 points. A really great performance.

I'm sure this has probably been said already; I've not been following the thread. However regarding the 2 tackles kanes was a red by the letter of the law but there was a distinct difference between his tackle and robertsons that I dont think any of the sky or motd pundits spoke about. Kanes was an over zealous but genuine attempt to get the ball. Robertsons was a cowardly horrible tackle where he has deliberately gone in to leave one on his man. They were both red cards by the letter but Robertsons definitely more deserving of a red.

Who's Rich? Never heard of him....

You just waded in and mugged off a thoroughly decent and good natured poster thanks to not being able to resist imposing your pomposity and yet rather than wind your neck in when it was pointed out to you've double down and started swinging at others.... And still are.

Gotta to love the knickers in a twist over the tackle on Robertson, look at his jump, look at his screaming, look at him looking at the ref for the decision.

As for the Dele situation, two hands in the back of Salad would be a pen all day long but because its mr flavour of the month full back its not.

Done , if you reply keep your clothes on , your posts are getting to saucy for an old timer like me
OK, I'll stop now.

Old Lady Space GIF

Robertson's tackle looks bad in real time and at any other speed. He missed the ball and kicked 2 standing legs out from under Royale.
Kane's tackle at normal speed looks like a completed tackle and you have to slow it down to show that he touched his shin pad whilst he was in the air.
Massive difference in danger levels to the tackled player.
If Emerson's leg was planted when Robertson kicked him it would have been nasty.
Kane's was an attempted tackle, Robertson's was a blatant act of aggression, no attempt to get the ball

To day was one of them games down the years when I longed for a player just like Luka Modric. Stamina class totally able to pick and execute any pass on the spot. Had he been out there today we win that 6-2. Whatever it takes we need to find a player like him.

I’d sell a few just to bring in Bellingham. I see Vidal is linked, he is class but at 34 but old.

Rephrase it then to skilled, naturally attacking players. Emerson isn't that in a million years, the jury is out on Reg and Sess (I think one of the two will survive). Doherty, I will assume, is beyond saving.

With respect we heard the same jive about lack or end product blah blah about Walker & Rose for the bulk of their time here..... We've then spent much of the last 3/4 years misty eyed about us never being the same since they left/lost it.

Aurier had end product in terms of goals as well as assists; yet half the time you'd think he was Satan that way he was talked about. Trippier is seen as a great crosser in some quarters and he too was figuratively chased out of the club.

Reg scored a winner in his last appearance and looks like he's being re-juvenated under Conte...... Sess has a track-record of attacking product (albeit at a lower level).

Given the backdrop of their respective last 2 games; I don't think this is a fitting platform to be declaring "meh..... Not gonna be good enough". Nor would I hold my breath over the likelyhood of us buying a new LB for the senior squad in the next 12/18 months.

With respect we heard the same jive about lack or end product blah blah about Walker & Rose for the bulk of their time here..... We've then spent much of the last 3/4 years misty eyed about us never being the same since they left/lost it.

Aurier had end product in terms of goals as well as assists; yet half the time you'd think he was Satan that way he was talked about. Trippier is seen as a great crosser in some quarters and he too was figuratively chased out of the club.

Reg scored a winner in his last appearance and looks like he's being re-juvenated under Conte...... Sess has a track-record of attacking product.

Given the backdrop of their respective last 2 games; I don't think this is a fitting platform to be declaring "meh..... Not gonna be good enough". Nor would I hold my breath over the likelyhood of us buying a new LB for the senior squad in the next 12/18 months.
Emerson is a good back up RWB, but we can definitely do better in that position.
Unlike CM, there’s many genuinely good options in that position in transfer market.

Back
Top Bottom