Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think we missed PEH. The game would not have been any different if he had played. But it would have been if Liverpool had their usual midfield and VVD. We played close to full strength. Only Skipp and Lucas would start, but both came on anyway and Winks /Dele had good games.

We had 5 players missing from our starting line-up:

Romero
Reggie
PEH
Skipp
Lucas

They had less first XI players missing, closer to full fitness and had more training over the last 2 weeks than we had.

Please spurs fans.... Stop this nonsense....... Please...... No more of this crap...... Please.........

Please.

Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey...

Former Liverpool player and Lancashire resident given airtime on national television has an over the top bias.
giphy.gif

Romero
Reggie
PEH
Skipp
Lucas

They had less first XI players missing, closer to full fitness and had more training over the last 2 weeks than we had.

Please spurs fans.... Stop this nonsense....... Please...... No more of this crap...... Please.........

Please.
I'll give you Romero over Sanchez.

Skipp is nailed on starter.

My point is that we didn't miss PEH.

Lucas is a tough one because he's been good recently. So probably worth a start.

There's not much between Sess and Reg.

If both teams played their strongest 11 they win. Surely you can admit that. We aren't close to that level yet.

Lucas is a tough one because he's been good recently. So probably worth a start.

If both teams played their strongest 11 they win. Surely you can admit that. We aren't close to that level yet.
On paper they definitely have a better team than us but we were tactically much better than them. It goes to show the manager Conte is that he can carve through them with ragtag group of rusty players whereas Klopp really struggled despite having a World Class back line and the best player itw available to him. Really excited to see where we go after improving our squad.

That's subjective. He is a starter.....

He's started every EPL game since he arrived until yesterday.

Again... Subjective.

He's been an EPL starter all season and most of last.

Again... Subjective.

Sess is only getting starts due to Reg's recent absence. He's evidently been #1 since he arrived.

Sess had one foot out the door as little as 2 weeks ago.

Whether you personally prefer certain players is not the debate at hand.

When everyone is fit; our established first XI has been:

Hugo
Emerson / Romero / Dier / Davies / Reg
Skipp / PEH
Lucas / Kane / Son​

They have the stronger best XI on paper, but before KO everybody would have said the same about the actual team-sheets for the day too.

- How many days had their training ground been shut for? NONE.
- How many of their players that actually played yesterday had covid in the last fortnight? NONE.
- How many first XI players were they missing? 1 arguably 2 less than us.

Anyone not shitting it beforehand would have been called deluded before the game.

You even said yourself you'd have happily taken a draw before the game and yet now are disappointed not to have won. It's not even that they were shit... They weren't; they were a legit threat all game. We were tactically better; handled their threat well and won the XG battle.

Our performance exceeded all expectations yesterday however you want to measure it.....

No disrespect to you individually, but I'm sick to death of hearing otherwise from Spurs fans.

Last edited:
Kane tackle could easily have been a red but we have had games this season with tackles as bad against our players and just a yellow. The moaning is all down to one thing and one thing alone, Liverpool expected us to turn up and roll over for them and it didn’t happen, we where the better team and deserved the win.

- Salah handball, no goal
- Winks penalty shout
- Dele penalty shout
- Jota penalty shout
- Kane red

A load of game changing calls that both we and Liverpool lost at different times. This happens in football but it’s always Liverpool that cry a river when things don’t go their way.

Not sure if people caught Klopp on the Great British Baking Show this season, but he did a pretty wonderful self-portrait/bake...

0_babyJPG-4733.jpg

What a clown this guy is.

That said, I think part of his public meltdown is to distract from the fact that we tore them open so many times and should have humiliated them. We were by far the better side yesterday.

We're seeing tremendous progress under Conte already.

Kane tackle could easily have been a red but we have had games this season with tackles as bad against our players and just a yellow. The moaning is all down to one thing and one thing alone, Liverpool expected us to turn up and roll over for them and it didn’t happen, we where the better team and deserved the win.

- Salah handball, no goal
- Winks penalty shout
- Dele penalty shout
- Jota penalty shout
- Kane red

A load of game changing calls that both we and Liverpool lost at different times. This happens in football but it’s always Liverpool that cry a river when things don’t go their way.
I was in a bar of mostly Liverpool fans yesterday and none were really that upset by Kane "just" getting a yellow.

Personally I thought not giving Jota a penalty was a harsher decision and said at the time I would be pretty upset if we had not gotten a penalty there.

It was a physical match where things went both ways, I frankly am surprised the narrative is about the officiating instead of the narrative being what an excellent match it was.

I know it’s a played out trope blaming the poor squad we have but I can’t help but feel if we had Llorente type striker to bring on instead of Moura we would have won the game. We really need more options in the team.
Why "instead of"? I love having Moura on the squad. Especially if we have the option of bringing him on against tired legs. Get another striker and keep Lucas.

Last edited:
I was in a bar of mostly Liverpool fans yesterday and none were really that upset by Kane "just" getting a yellow.

Personally I thought not giving Jota a penalty was a harsher decision and said at the time I would be pretty upset if we had not gotten a penalty there.

It was a physical match where things went both ways, I frankly am surprised the narrative is about the officiating instead of the narrative being what an excellent match it was.

Because Klopp can’t take when it goes wrong, the toys fly out the pram. What’s more annoying is Sky Sports are full of ex Liverpool players so every game is Liverpool TV

OMFG!!!

I NOW realise the massive error..........

Gulp

I owe CarrieFi CarrieFi a HUGE GROVELLING APOLOGY

and one to everyone who pointed out my unwarranted comments about your football knowledge
RealCoolYid RealCoolYid , Airfixx Airfixx
I thought I was talking to Radical Ri (?)

Bugger
I now see why you were confused about what seemed to be somewhat unfair response

640px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

and subsequent references to the Harry Winks thread.

Right - I'm off for some humble pie, which I believe can be hard to swallow.

(Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, )

Romero
Reggie
PEH
Skipp
Lucas

Please.
The sky sports propaganda against Spurs has been so powerful that spurs fans are starting to believe their lies.

Back
Top Bottom