Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

.....And we were forced to field 3 misfits in MF that most wanted sold in Jan.

+ Sanchez who many also want gone.
+ Sess who most had given up on 2/3 weeks ago.
+ A bunch of them had Covid 10 days ago.
+ We'd barely trained.

Sorry mate; not having it. Stop with the excuses for them. We had it worse.

Mane, Jota, Salah, Firminho, TAA, Robertson, Milner, Keita, Matip, Alison, their fancy new CB who cost a fair few bob....

The only caveat against their XI was Milner (who's still a top pro and a good player) and a 19yr old who's played just as much as (maybe more than) Sessengon this season.

I never said we didn't! They have a much better squad than we do so they can cope with injuries. Just making the point that they were missing their usual midfield yesterday. It was as good as any time to play them this season. But we still had to go out their and perform and we did just that, while also keeping Salah as quiet as I've seen him all season.

Managing people isn't just a matter of telling them what to do, micromanaging them, and criticising everything they achieve. Managing people is about listening to the people that do the job for you, managing their expectations, utilising their best skills and making them feel like a wanted part of the team output.

Everyone trots out the "Form is temporary, class is permanent" mantra - Winks and Alli showed what they are made of, if they are managed properly.

IMHO
Well I think they need to do it over a longer period of time to prove that and not just one game. I'll use Dier as an example he cost us so many goals at the start of this season, but , no question of a doubt since conte has come in proved that he has something to offer and probably put together his best run of form since poch put him in dm for that first half of a season.

Are you so short on knowledge you can’t discern ?
I can, I know the difference between asking a question and mounting a personal attack.
You however, appear not to. Either that or we have a big gap between our understanding of what constitutes a personal attack.

If you say anything I disagree with and feel compelled to respond, I'll try to remember to soft soap everything for you. If you are prepared to launch a defence like this on someone else's behalf, heaven only knows how upset you will be if I have the cheek to pass comment on your posts.

Well I think they need to do it over a longer period of time to prove that and not just one game. I'll use Dier as an example he cost us so many goals at the start of this season, but , no question of a doubt since conte has come in proved that he has something to offer and probably put together his best run of form since poch put him in dm for that first half of a season.
Agreed. However, I have always maintained (certainly where Winks is concerned) that his game appeared poor because he was being misused. Maybe that was Alli's problem as well, but his languid style has the effect of appearing lazy and disinterested.

Dier always got accused of being to blame for us conceding goals, even when it wasn't his fault - so much so that Guido posted a lot of detail why people were getting it wrong where he was concerned. Maybe you should look it up and read it.

No-he has run out of batteries for his walkie talkies!
Jesus H Christ, you really are a tit, aren't you?
You really don't take it very well when you get called out for being a lying bullshitter - do you?

why the fuck are you so obsessed with walkie talkies, are you under the impression that anyone who works in telecoms walks around with one?

You really are dim.......... and very, very bitter.

You shouldn't tell lies, then people won't humiliate you for it.

Well just a suggestion then…. You don’t have to impugn someone’s education to ask a question

And soft soap what you want just don’t bring it near me
I didn't question his education.
I just said that I'm not impressed with his football knowledge.
Go into the Harry Winks thread and look at his juvenile comments about someone who plays for Spurs and has represented his country - and was possibly the best player on the field against Liverpool yesterday.

I'm equally unimpressed by people who think that Xg figures are a worthwhile analysis of a football match

The thing is, I bet because of the ridiculous over reaction to this that we have a player unjustly sent off in our next game. It is how things work. I believe them not getting a penalty yesterday was a direct result of their players, especially Salah, intentionally looking for a defender's contact in the box rather than actually being fouled. (Eg. Salah v Villa last week). Refs are fed up being made to look like mugs, giving penalties that shouldn't be one.
I believe it was a penalty but he 100% played for it

That’s why I think it wasn’t given

His/her …. Just saying

Mick, the further back the post gets the more comfortable you are entering into revisionist territory

Shoehorning Harry winks into the debate is just odd
Ah - my mistake, if I have mistaken genders, for which I apologise - no offence was intended.
Probably explains the outpouring of anguish though.

I'm not revising anything, I assure you, my (original) comment was based on my dislike of people trying to turn a sport into a hokey division of some science with the farcical Xg quotient

My follow up comment about the posters knowledge was based on seeing multiple asinine comments about Winks in the execrable Harry Winks thread - in amongst many more risible ones

Ah - my mistake, if I have mistaken genders, for which I apologise - no offence was intended.
Probably explains the outpouring of anguish though.

I'm not revising anything, I assure you, my (original) comment was based on my dislike of people trying to turn a sport into a hokey division of some science with the farcical Xg quotient

My follow up comment about the posters knowledge was based on seeing multiple asinine comments about Winks in the execrable Harry Winks thread - in amongst many more risible ones
Not sure the winks thread should be used as any kind of yardstick regards what’s acceptable

But we’ve probably exhausted this

I thought the original comment was unnecessarily belligerent, you didn’t

No worries

FG_50vUXEAY0Efw

We had 5 players missing from our starting line-up:

Romero
Reggie
PEH
Skipp
Lucas

They had less first XI players missing, closer to full fitness and had more training over the last 2 weeks than we had.

Please spurs fans.... Stop this nonsense....... Please...... No more of this crap...... Please.........

Please.
The sky sports propaganda against Spurs has been so powerful that spurs fans are starting to believe their lies.

Back
Top Bottom