Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm going to watch it again on MOTD, but will probably turn off the sound, their interviews and the analysis - just know it's going to be all about them. I know what I saw today, I don't need or want a biased account from pundits who rarely give us credit.
100% Danny Murphy will be on there tonight, the BBC are probably getting a helicopter to fly him in as we speak.

That's what I think too. Kane clearly went to try and win the ball but caught Robertson. However Robertsons tackle was clearly to just take out Emerson aggressively.

Trouble with pundits is they over analyse everything to the extreme.. especially when it involves a Liverpool player.

Let's not also forget, mentioned in previous posts the tackle by Robertson on Tanganga last season that went unpunished.
I flagged this straight away. I amazed these ex-footballers missed this point. Kane said Robertson told him it wasn't even a yellow.

I flagged this straight away. I amazed these ex-footballers missed this point. Kane said Robertson told him it wasn't even a foul.
It's mad really because one game you get the likes of Neville, Redknapp & Carragher etc moaning about the game going 'sterile' yet when there is a rough tackle where Kane clearly went for the ball they are up in arms about it.

Lots of positives today

Winks fantastic tackle led to our first goal and had a great assist for our second goal, and on top of that . caused their defence all sort of problems with his quick delivery in behind their back four. Defensively also very good.

Dele had his best match for probably 2 years - not quite back to his prime Poch days - only stopped from a goal by a great save.

Sessegnon looked going forwards and excellent in defence making Salah pretty much invisible today in tandem with Davies who continued to look the part under Conte .

Sanchez was defensively very sound alongside Dier who maintained the excellent form he's been in season

Lloris always dependable

Kane looked better and more animated than he's looked all season - although both he and Son missed a few, both played an important part

Ndombele made a great assist, but after that was less effective than he should/could be. A step up from some performances but needed to look at the efforts put in by his midfield partners.

Royal I'm hoping was still affected by covid and hasn't yet totally settled in.

Conte looks to have done an awe inspiring job with the players despite some not being available for training due to covid. 10/10

Lots of positives today

Winks fantastic tackle led to our first goal and had a great assist for our second goal, and on top of that . caused their defence all sort of problems with his quick delivery in behind their back four. Defensively also very good.

Great assist???

The goal was a terrible misplay by Alisson.

Just got home from the game, and I want to watch it all over again. I didn't see the possible red card Kanetroversy, so will be interesting to see that later on MOTD. Conte seems to have energised the boys somehow, and in general, the whole team played very well.
The set-piece boys won't know what hit them on Wednesday, if we can put on another performance like that. Best game I've seen in a while.

MOTD I will watch.
I am very excite

cohen baron GIF

You're crazy if you don't think Sessengon played well today.

He did pretty well defensively but offers nothing going forward. I didn't see him do anything going forward today but safety-first passes (I missed the first ten mins or so of the 2nd half, unless he did something during that time).

Him and Emerson have shown zero in their attacking play for us. Swap our full-backs/wing-backs with theirs today and we'd have won by 4 or 5.

Back
Top Bottom