Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been a long time since I've seen Spurs play with that much aggression and desire. They worked hard. Some players were unrecognisable. Winks, Sanchez, Sess, Dele....all played way beyond what they've shown in 2 years. Shows the strength of the Conte effect

A point that in the end, is another sign of improvement. We maybe should have won, but we've lost many a game that we deserved to win against this manky mob over the years, so I'll take the positive.

All Conte is doing, thus far, is making Spurs a team that won't send you to sleep, and that is fine by me. Going better than I had imagined up to now.

Can't ask for much more given the last two years. I genuinely think we need to give this man whatever he demands in January and beyond.

What shouldhappen is the League should deduct points instead of fining managers (dont pay it themselves anyway) who go off at the referees then perhaps Klopp will shut his mouth, but dont hold your breath!

Something that occurred to me today when watching Robertson wasting time when leaving the pitch once his red was issued.

......He's beyond reproach at that point, but his manager isn't. They should yellow card the manager in such scenarios. Managers would soon learn to preach discipline in such scenarios; whereas today I'm sure Klopp was loving it.

That's what I think too. Kane clearly went to try and win the ball but caught Robertson. However Robertsons tackle was clearly to just take out Emerson aggressively.

Trouble with pundits is they over analyse everything to the extreme.. especially when it involves a Liverpool player.

Let's not also forget, mentioned in previous posts the tackle by Robertson on Tanganga last season that went unpunished.

Robertson:

Cunt's got away with murder on a bunch of occasions before now; both against us and vs other teams.

Often you hear comms say that slow-motion makes a challenge look worse; however in the case of his today, slo-mo was actually quite forgiving as you don't see the ferocity with which he brazenly chopped Emerson down.

Robertson:

Cunt's got away with murder on a bunch of occasions before now; both against us and vs other teams.

Often you hear comms say that slow-motion makes a challenge look worse; however in the case of his today, slo-mo was actually quite forgiving as you don't see the ferocity with which he brazenly chopped Emerson down.
Jamie Redknapp was more concerned by Robertson potentially injuring himself when he made the "tackle" - really just a kick out to break Emerson's leg.

Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. However what I am saying is that everyone seems to going over board about a point at home against a team who had 35 yr old milliner and a young kid in CM plus a makeshift CD. Yet we contrived to give them chance after chance plus a defo pen and possibly a red card for Kane. At no stage did I see us in control of that gane. We certainly weren’t aggressive in stopping crosses coming into our box. They could have been 1-0 up inside 2 minutes. If your gonna defend then defend properly by stopping the oppo from creating chances. Yes we should gane won based on clear chances but let’s not kid our selves that we actually had a game plan to keep them out and hit them on the counter. The amount of times dele just failed to track a runner or close down was numerous. I don’t see any pressing or high tempo game and certainly our build up play duo the back mostly is useless. Long ball out to FBs. This was a classic Maureen performance.

He did pretty well defensively but offers nothing going forward. I didn't see him do anything going forward today but safety-first passes (I missed the first ten mins or so of the 2nd half, unless he did something during that time).

He's 2 games into trying to rebuild his career here and was up against TAA & Salah (arguably 2 of the best performing players in the world right now); playing in a team that had a makeshift midfield and general fitness concerns across the board..... Before the game 9/10ths of people would have predicted him getting destroyed.

Far from it...

If his passing game was a touch cautious then I (and I'm sure the gaffa) is absolutely fine with that.

TAA & AR (he who got sent off; in case you forgot!) have been mainstays of that team for years now already....

Let him breath FFS.

Last edited:
Not sure what your going on about , unless I fat fingered a disagree .
Yes you did!
tears crying GIF

Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. However what I am saying is that everyone seems to going over board about a point at home against a team who had 35 yr old milliner and a young kid in CM plus a makeshift CD. Yet we contrived to give them chance after chance plus a defo pen and possibly a red card for Kane. At no stage did I see us in control of that gane. We certainly weren’t aggressive in stopping crosses coming into our box. They could have been 1-0 up inside 2 minutes. If your gonna defend then defend properly by stopping the oppo from creating chances. Yes we should gane won based on clear chances but let’s not kid our selves that we actually had a game plan to keep them out and hit them on the counter. The amount of times dele just failed to track a runner or close down was numerous. I don’t see any pressing or high tempo game and certainly our build up play duo the back mostly is useless. Long ball out to FBs. This was a classic Maureen performance.

I don't completely disagree with you BUT you have to balance this with us having a makeshift midfield and a reserve left wing back. Neither team was very good defensively because both sides gave up multiple chances but again, balance that with the fact that we created a higher amount of the best chances.

I see a lot to be happy about, and the issues that we have are solved by giving Conte some better players to work with. There are 5 or 6 positions in the first-team that are easily improved. We have to hope that Levy and Paratici carry out the business that Conte wants.

Be happy, we have everything in place, we just need to put some work in over the next couple of transfer windows.

I saw plenty of pressing but I don't want to address every point. In general people are happy with the attitude and the patterns of play - alongside a tactical masterclass on the sidelines with limited options. I don't think anyone is suddenly claiming we are an amazing team - as I said limited options. Plus it was exciting and we had a high Xg. Jose did not train attacking patterns of play, it was just get it to Kane or Son.

Bore off

Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. However what I am saying is that everyone seems to going over board about a point at home against a team who had 35 yr old milliner and a young kid in CM plus a makeshift CD.

Stop making excuses for them.

We had a makeshift midfield full of misfits and were missing Romero (see VVD) too.

Yet we contrived to give them chance after chance

...Oh FFS please; turn it in.

Mane, Jota, Salah, Keita, Milner, TAA & Robertson are more than capable of creating their own chances.

Btw.... Go look up the XG stats if you wanna moan about chance creation.

Whatever.

I bet you were shitting yourself before the game.

But that was the game plan, on another day our strikers who nornally finish their chances put their chances away and we win quite comfortably.

Nothing wrong with a classic Jose performance anyway.

He's 2 games into trying to rebuild his career here and was up against TAA & Salah (arguably 2 of the best performing players in the world right now); playing in a team that had a makeshift midfield and general fitness concerns across the board..... Before the game 9/10ths of people would have predicted him getting destroyed.

Far from it...

If his passing game was a touch cautious then I (and I'm sure the gaffa) is absolutely fine with that.

TAA & AR (he who got sent off; in case you forgot!) have already been mainstays of that team for years now already....

Let him breath FFS.

My initial point - the post that you disagreed with- was that him and Emerson don't show anything going forward. In Conte's system, this is essential, you only have to look at his previous teams. I don't see anything in Sessegnon's game that makes me think he will be up to much as an attacking player down the left hand side. His defensive performance was good and credit to him for that.

But give Conte serious footballers in those wing-back positions and our attack would be transformed. And with such players, we would have battered Liverpool today in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom