Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well I’m not going back trying to find what page it was on so I can remove it , life’s to short. But I don’t disagree with what you said .
Page 127, post no 2535, about halfway down the page.
French Flirt GIF

My initial point - the post that you disagreed with- was that him and Emerson don't show anything going forward. In Conte's system, this is essential, you only have to look at his previous teams. I don't see anything in Sessegnon's game that makes me think he will be up to much as an attacking player down the left hand side. His defensive performance was good and credit to him for that.

Perhaps we were watching different games..... He got up and down the wing all game, pressed well when in their half and even came close to scoring on one occasion.

But give Conte serious footballers in those wing-back positions and our attack would be transformed.

You mean serious players like Moses & A.Young. : P

Sess & Reggie are both raw and extremely coach-able.

And with such players, we would have battered Liverpool today in my opinion.

We did batter them (not denying they didn't threaten us plenty too tho')... If it wasn't for some poor finishing we'd have rinsed them. That's not the fault of either WB.

Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. However what I am saying is that everyone seems to going over board about a point at home against a team who had 35 yr old milliner and a young kid in CM plus a makeshift CD. Yet we contrived to give them chance after chance plus a defo pen and possibly a red card for Kane. At no stage did I see us in control of that gane. We certainly weren’t aggressive in stopping crosses coming into our box. They could have been 1-0 up inside 2 minutes. If your gonna defend then defend properly by stopping the oppo from creating chances. Yes we should gane won based on clear chances but let’s not kid our selves that we actually had a game plan to keep them out and hit them on the counter. The amount of times dele just failed to track a runner or close down was numerous. I don’t see any pressing or high tempo game and certainly our build up play duo the back mostly is useless. Long ball out to FBs. This was a classic Maureen performance.

If you don't like watching Spurs why bother? Liverpool are arguably one of the top 3 sides in Europe, you're just a sour, sad, and somewhat depressing nobody .... get over yourself.

Perhaps we were watching different games..... He got up and down the wing all game, pressed well when in their half and even came close to scoring on one occasion.

You mean serious players like Moses & A.Young. : P

Sess & Reggie are both raw and extremely coach-able.

We did batter them (not denying they didn't threaten us plenty too tho')... If it wasn't for some poor finishing we'd have rinsed them. That's not the fault of either WB.

I think it's interesting to highlight this point (not ignoring the rest of your post on purpose, I just think this bit is interesting). If you compare Moses as an attacking player to Emerson, it's a big difference even without Conte doing his "Wing-back Whisperer" God-Tier coaching. Moses was always a winger, the attacking side of the game comes far more naturally to him than Emerson, who really doesn't look comfortable at that side of the game. A.Young was a very good winger in his early career and a very decent full-back in the latter part of it. Sessegnon confuses me as we signed him from Fulham as a winger but he has yet to show (in my opinion) any good wing-play, both at Fulham when they were in the Premier League and at us in his limited appearances.

I think a realistic hope for us is that the strongest survives out of Sess and Reg, and they become backup to a new signing. Proper footballers in those wide areas will make us so much better, I can't wait for us to start signing players and get Conte a pre-season to work with them. I have never had so much optimism about the next season as I do now with Conte in charge.

What a nastly little man you are
Umm, because I believe that people should be able to work shit out for themselves, and not rely on idiotic stats made up to feed TV displays and fools who follow this tosh?
What a weak person you are if you believe me to be "nasty" in comparison to the abuse and name calling that goes on on here on a day to day basis.
The only apology I need to make was making the comment without understanding the posts that led up to it, which a I am happy to offer, having seen the history behind it.
The rest I stand behind, because as far as I know, I am entitled to hold my own opinions and express them.

Sorry if I offended anyone earlier. However what I am saying is that everyone seems to going over board about a point at home against a team who had 35 yr old milliner and a young kid in CM plus a makeshift CD. Yet we contrived to give them chance after chance plus a defo pen and possibly a red card for Kane. At no stage did I see us in control of that gane. We certainly weren’t aggressive in stopping crosses coming into our box. They could have been 1-0 up inside 2 minutes. If your gonna defend then defend properly by stopping the oppo from creating chances. Yes we should gane won based on clear chances but let’s not kid our selves that we actually had a game plan to keep them out and hit them on the counter. The amount of times dele just failed to track a runner or close down was numerous. I don’t see any pressing or high tempo game and certainly our build up play duo the back mostly is useless. Long ball out to FBs. This was a classic Maureen performance.
I do agree with your realism, as I also thought our defence were like statues at times, and lacked a bit of conviction with some clearances, but there were also some great tackles.
Although they did a few good things, Ndombele and Dele quite often hung onto the ball for too long, and were being dispossessed as a result. Dele was quite often in empty space, instead of tracking back. He made a few smart passes though, and had a better game than usual. Some of our passing from midfield was wayward too.
I'm pretty sure that Liverpool scored with their first on target attempt, after we missed a few that should've been buried.
Great result though, with a positive performance that was a delight to watch, and a good time to play Liverpool, as the team was depleted, and we also had to make some selection changes, and fair play to both teams for not postponing the game.
We're definitely on the up.

Hilarious that most seem to be saying that Robinson's 'tackle' was no worse than Harry's. Nonsense. One was an attempt to get the ball, the other was violent conduct.
Robertson's tackle looks bad in real time and at any other speed. He missed the ball and kicked 2 standing legs out from under Royale.
Kane's tackle at normal speed looks like a completed tackle and you have to slow it down to show that he touched his shin pad whilst he was in the air.
Massive difference in danger levels to the tackled player.

I think it's interesting to highlight this point (not ignoring the rest of your post on purpose, I just think this bit is interesting). If you compare Moses as an attacking player to Emerson, it's a big difference even without Conte doing his "Wing-back Whisperer" God-Tier coaching. Moses was always a winger, the attacking side of the game comes far more naturally to him than Emerson, who really doesn't look comfortable at that side of the game. A.Young was a very good winger in his early career and a very decent full-back in the latter part of it. Sessegnon confuses me as we signed him from Fulham as a winger but he has yet to show (in my opinion) any good wing-play, both at Fulham when they were in the Premier League and at us in his limited appearances.

I think a realistic hope for us is that the strongest survives out of Sess and Reg, and they become backup to a new signing. Proper footballers in those wide areas will make us so much better, I can't wait for us to start signing players and get Conte a pre-season to work with them. I have never had so much optimism about the next season as I do now with Conte in charge.

Sorry to ignore the rest of your post, but when I read the phrase "proper footballers" I just zone out.

Back
Top Bottom