Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry if already posted, but the effort here from the much maligned Winks was the trigger for goal 1.

It's as if whatever god out there decided that weve finally suffered enough.

Good to see us moving in the right direction, I'd take a draw with pool any day this season, and extremely encouraging to see what Conte seems to be managing to do with the players. Very impressed by the "Had Been Gang" of Winks, Dele and Tanguy, as well as the general energy surrounding the team.

If Conte manages to get this sort of game out of players in a consistent manner then it's going to be a very, very interesting second half of the season.

It's as if whatever god out there decided that weve finally suffered enough.

Good to see us moving in the right direction, I'd take a draw with pool any day this season, and extremely encouraging to see what Conte seems to be managing to do with the players. Very impressed by the "Had Been Gang" of Winks, Dele and Tanguy, as well as the general energy surrounding the team.

If Conte manages to get this sort of game out of players in a consistent manner then it's going to be a very, very interesting second half of the season.

Well said 👍

Liverpool and Klopp dudded is all i read online.

The cunts up the road put a few past Leeds and its " Arteta finally showing they are top 4 fighters ".
Where is the praise for our Club today ? Looking for a positive review is like...

9e67a1feb0640ba41cc923b33a88800f2e1bdef2.gifv
Its a fucking disgrace.
Anyway you cant get praise for a good performabce here let alone in the corrupt media

Maybe I haven't followed this thread closely enough to realise if this is a sarcastic comment - but for me we were missing half of our outfield 'best xi'.

One of our biggest complaints as a Spurs community has been our lack of investment in real squad depth. We had to pluck half the starting outfield players from that 'depth' and out played a Liverpool side missing 3-4 of theirs? They have a far better starting xi and overall squad investment than us.

A few weeks ago most people had the following on their 'sell list':

Dier, Sanchez, Davies, Sess, Winks, Dele, Ndombele.... Some even had Kane (zero league goals this season).

Now despite half of the above having Covid just 10 days ago, they supposedly had the following out-gunned:

Salah, TAA (2 of the best players in the world so far this season!), Mane, Jota, Robertson, Keita, Milner (who Klopp still rates and plays regularly!), Matip, Konate (hot shot new signing!), Alison + a 19yr who's played more than Sess this season.

To be reading some of our fans continuing to parrot the 'woe is Liverpool' narrative is - at this point - absolutely nauseating.

FFS, has Klopp got some of you on the payroll??????

Last edited:
Maybe I haven't followed this thread closely enough to realise if this is a sarcastic comment - but for me we were missing half of our outfield 'best xi'.

One of our biggest complaints as a Spurs community has been our lack of investment in real squad depth. We had to pluck half the starting outfield players from that 'depth' and out played a Liverpool side missing 3-4 of theirs? They have a far better starting xi and overall squad investment than us.
I mean... you're right in that we were missing players but...

They were missing Thiago, Henderson, VVD, Fabhino...

We were missing PEH, Regi, Skipp, Lucas...

I'm still absolutely gutted we fucked so many great chances away. Tactically, whilst not being perfect, we out smarted them today. Klopp's post match was disingenuous bollocks.

First half, we were a bit lethargic at times without the ball, and allowed them too many opportunities to put balls into our box, but even during this half we really didn't allow them the craft much of quality, whilst creating some cracking situations ourselves.

Second half they were absolutely spent, virtually from the get go. They'd fucked themselves out first half and had nothing left, energy or ideas. You could see they'd stopped pressing us high up completely. We turned a 31/69 possession first half into 58/42 in the second half. Last half hour it was 66/34. (And even before the sending off it was 55/45).

Was good to see the 352 today, little glimpses of why many of us think this is the way forward. Even with three midfielders who many of us have issues with, none of whom are great without the ball, none had played loads of football this year, it was tactically so much better IMO than the 343.

Ndombele wasn't outstanding by any stretch but showed exactly what he's capable of when played in his ideal position, setting up the first goal with a great through ball in that inside right channel. That's exactly the type of move we saw a lot of Lyon.

Alli fucked away some great situations/chances but at least got into those positions - which I think is easier to do and more dangerous when ghosting in from the deeper L8 position than when you have Moura trying to head down dribble his way through 8 people with the ball as a WF. You could equally have Lo Celso in the Alli position, Skipp/Hojberg in the Winks position and it could still function. Winks possibly had one of the better games he's had in a Spurs shirt, certainly with the ball at least. Some of his passing was really incisive. The Son/Kane pivot caused plenty of problems and should have yielded more than it did. Good effort and movement from both, but both were incredibly wasteful.

Kane was lucky not to be redded, they were unlucky not to get a pen, but even if we ignore Alli's pen, the foul on Wink's was equally blatant. And the bottom line is, we created much better and much more situations and chances than they did.
Agree 3-5-2 is the way forward. Kane and Son are too good together. Son too good centrally to be forced out wide. You can mix Moura in there for rotation or off the bench. Also we need the extra midfield body I think with our current roster. I feel like even after Moura came into today he stayed in midfield and we kept the same formation.

Also have we seen a second look at Winks getting taken down in the box? That one looked dicey and not mentioned in the nonstop Kane red card slobbering.

I mean... you're right in that we were missing players but...

They were missing Thiago, Henderson, VVD, Fabhino...

We were missing PEH, Regi, Skipp, Lucas...

They have a much stronger squad than us, so if you compare man for man of course they will be missing better players, but that doesn't negate the fact we were missing half our best outfield players.

Romero is probably our best defender (as is VVD for them) who shouldn't be overlooked too.

Although I do think they have a good midfield, this patch of a few good seasons for them has (from what I can see) been based around 2 of the most effective wing backs in world football, a front 3 with extremely high returns, with a rock sitting in the middle of their defence.

They have a much stronger squad than us, so if you compare man for man of course they will be missing better players, but that doesn't negate the fact we were missing half our best outfield players.

Romero is probably our best defender (as is VVD for them) who shouldn't be overlooked too.

Although I do think they have a good midfield, this patch of a few good seasons for them has (from what I can see) been based around 2 of the most effective wing backs in world football, a front 3 with extremely high returns, with a rock sitting in the middle of their defence.

God this needs to stop:

We were missing 5 from our first XI... They were missing 3..... Arguably 4.

+ Some of those that started for us were actually recovering from Covid (none of Liverpool's were).

+ We couldn't even train for best part of a week.

STOP DRINKING THE KLOPP KOOL-AID

WE WERE WORSE HIT

FUCK LIVERPOOL

UP THE SPURS

Last edited:
Remember, this was a weakened Liverpool squad. Some of their best players were missing.
Liverpool were missing Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho.

We were missing Hojbjerg, Romero and Lucas didn't feature, while Reguilon and Skipp came on towards the end of the game. That's more than what Liverpool were missing. I'm sick of this bullshit, anti-Spurs agenda from the media etc. Same goes about the challenges. Everybody is focusing on Kane and Jota, but nobody is focusing on how every 50/50 decision went Liverpools way and that's why Morton wasn't sent off after 7 tackles, how we got a penalty denied as well (if Jotas a penalty so is Deles, I personally think neither of them are) and how they went on to score from a handball from that very same attack. Fuck them, and fuck the media. Always the victims.

Liverpool were missing Van Dijk, Henderson, Thiago and Fabinho.

We were missing Hojbjerg, Romero and Lucas didn't feature, while Reguilon and Skipp came on towards the end of the game. That's more than what Liverpool were missing. I'm sick of this bullshit, anti-Spurs agenda from the media etc. Same goes about the challenges. Everybody is focusing on Kane and Jota, but nobody is focusing on how every 50/50 decision went Liverpools way and that's why Morton wasn't sent off after 7 tackles, how we got a penalty denied as well (if Jotas a penalty so is Deles, I personally think neither of them are) and how they went on to score from a handball from that very same attack. Fuck them, and fuck the media. Always the victims.
I get that but I think people are misinterpreting my point.

My point is that this game doesn't change the fact that we still need massive investment to be real contenders in the league. We are literally one Heung Min Son injury away from being a mid table team.

I get that but I think people are misinterpreting my point.

My point is that this game doesn't change the fact that we still need massive investment to be real contenders in the league. We are literally one Heung Min Son injury away from being a mid table team.

I would have agreed with you pre Conte, but since his arrival I believe we are turning in to a proper team rather than any old 9-10 players hoping Son & Kane will sort out the goals.

Although I agree we need investment in the squad, to be properly competitive we also need that team ethic.

We have seen goals from Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Son, Lucas & Kane in Conte's 5 league games - but importantly have been seeing legitimate goal threats from all over the team, including CBs.

So to be real contenders in terms of challenging the 80+ point mark (title challenge if the top teams are below par) yes we need serious investment - but to challenge for top 4.. we are probably only 2-3 players short with the right manager as the bar isn't really that high. Often teams are crawling over the line to 3rd or 4th place. The media like to suggest the quality required for top 4 is as significant as the reward of Champions League football - but that isn't true.

I would have agreed with you pre Conte, but since his arrival I believe we are turning in to a proper team rather than any old 9-10 players hoping Son & Kane will sort out the goals.

Although I agree we need investment in the squad, to be properly competitive we also need that team ethic.

We have seen goals from Hojbjerg, Reguilon, Son, Lucas & Kane in Conte's 5 league games - but importantly have been seeing legitimate goal threats from all over the team, including CBs.

So to be real contenders in terms of challenging the 80+ point mark (title challenge if the top teams are below par) yes we need serious investment - but to challenge for top 4.. we are probably only 2-3 players short with the right manager as the bar isn't really that high. Often teams are crawling over the line to 3rd or 4th place. The media like to suggest the quality required for top 4 is as significant as the reward of Champions League football - but that isn't true.
Yes, 2-3 very good players to seriously contend for a top 4 sounds about right. Like I said, we still need investment. This game against LP doesn't change that.

While it's a good result, we're still far from competing with the likes of LP when we're both at full force.

0868581-E-D2-D1-4-D4-A-A5-B9-652-F894-FD717.gif

668-A6-D70-3901-42-C0-A895-507-BF7-E7-B87-A.gif

First touch is a good one, but the with the second the ball looks to be getting away from him so down he goes………dippers forum….quote……that been Salah they’d be all over that for a pen

Sanchez was faultless with his effort man together with Winks who for all the critics, was the one who kept wanting to push us forward.

Hopefully we get an offer for Sessessgnon & Ndombele and Tangaga.

Personally, I'll like to see Bergwijn more than Dele but Dele the few who can chest a ball, just wishing he cuts his hair to regain some form

Yes, 2-3 very good players to seriously contend for a top 4 sounds about right. Like I said, we still need investment. This game against LP doesn't change that.

While it's a good result, we're still far from competing with the likes of LP when we're both at full force.
I think we all know that. But why not just enjoy a fucking good performance for once.

Christ

Should have won comfortably. We missed loads of great chancesbut Conte will fix that. Over time we are going to get really good. Our play, movement is so much better and our tactics fantastic. Liverpool didn’t like it cause they had got used to easy wins against us but just discovered we aren’t one of those teams anymore.

Back
Top Bottom