Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bittersweet.
Coming into the match I would have taken a draw, but considering we missed 5-6 insane sitters we should have won it.

I do however see the merit of Conte. He got players who stopped believing in themselves long ago to play

Bittersweet.
Coming into the match I would have taken a draw, but considering we missed 5-6 insane sitters we should have won it.

I do however see the merit of Conte. He got players who stopped believing in themselves long ago to play

Winks in particular was purposeful and played with aggression and forward-thinking. I suspected that he may be one to benefit from Conte.

Last edited:
Who's Rich? Never heard of him....

You just waded in and mugged off a thoroughly decent and good natured poster thanks to not being able to resist imposing your pomposity and yet rather than wind your neck in when it was pointed out to you've double down and started swinging at others.... And still are.
You back to being the board sheriff again, the arbiter of all that is fair and reasonable and saviour of weak and helpless posters everywhere?
I'd thank you for your opinion and move on, but your opinions are bloody everywhere aren't they, every thread, every conversation, every issue - Mr posting ubiquity.
As I said in a response to someone else, I recognised the fact that I responded to a post at the end of a dialogue that I hadn't seen all of, and apologised for doing so when it was pointed out.
I didn't make a personal and expletive laden attack on him, in the way that many do - including you, with your first comment (hence me saying your retort was rich in irony, given what you called me) so do me a favour and keep your pompous and bossy posts to yourself and stop being such an opinionated know-all on everything that people say that doesn't match your moral code.

Last edited:
Although we missed chances, moving son closer to kane up front added to our attacking potency.

As frustrating as it was not to have won, the team performance yesterday was really encouraging, contes methods are transferring onto the pitch to every player and considering the disruption of the past two weeks, anyone digging out players needs to give their heads a wobble!

So I was in an Italian restaurant last night in Soho watching the match on my phone.
A waiter comes over and, in bad English "you a totten ham?"
Then comes back with a picture of Conte in the same restaurant and said Gollini eats there too.

Based on the size of the pizza they gave me, there's no way the diet is as strict as reported

:contearms:

Although we missed chances, moving son closer to kane up front added to our attacking potency.

As frustrating as it was not to have won, the team performance yesterday was really encouraging, contes methods are transferring onto the pitch to every player and considering the disruption of the past two weeks, anyone digging out players needs to give their heads a wobble!

I think this is key to getting more out of Kane. So often this season it’s been him against 2 or even 3 centrebacks but with son there he gets a bit more space and time. When Conte goes back and watches the game again I think it will be more evident to him. It’s partly why I think now another striker in January is one of our most important signings.

Klopp "Spurs won the ball deep in their own half they just kicked it as far as possible"

Match statistic - Spurs long balls played 57 - Liverpool long balls played 64

Guess the 'professional' football journalists missed that, too busy sucking Klopp cock.

Klopp "Spurs won the ball deep in their own half they just kicked it as far as possible"

Match statistic - Spurs long balls played 57 - Liverpool long balls played 64

Guess the 'professional' football journalists missed that, too busy sucking Klopp cock.
There’s something in the water up there

Liverpool and Klopp dudded is all i read online.

The cunts up the road put a few past Leeds and its " Arteta finally showing they are top 4 fighters ".
Where is the praise for our Club today ? Looking for a positive review is like...

9e67a1feb0640ba41cc923b33a88800f2e1bdef2.gifv

Ssshhh… this is a good thing. Merely a couple of weeks ago Legohead was in danger of being shown the door. Now after a win against a relegation-threatened side depleted through injury he is now the Messiah again, the new Pep, when in reality he is and always will be just the cone boy.

Let the media keep spinning the same narrative - the longer he is in the job, the less of a threat they are to us.

I imagine that those of you living in the midlands and the north are experiencing considerable hearing problems given the decibel level of the ceaseless whining emanating from Merseyside

giphy.gif

Don’t worry my parents who live up north said it is very quiet and respectful. Klopp is leading the title challenge and we are the victims funeral today.

remember texas am GIF by Texas A&M University
Sad Mandy Moore GIF by TLC
Native American Thanksgiving GIF by INTO ACTION
Roses Funeral GIF by Un si grand soleil

That was probably the best game of Premier League football there has been for a few years, in general. It had everything, proper end to end, tactics and 2 teams wanting to win.

Kane, great goal, very lucky not to see red. Robertson was a definite red. Salah was handball. Winks is prime Pirlo... AND WHERE HAS THIS DELE BEEN? Granted it's one game, but it was taking a trip back down memory lane.

The Conte effect is really beginning to show. We have an exciting 4-5 months ahead.

Despite the attendance being far from capacity I thought the atmosphere inside the stadium was immense. I have rarely, in recent times, seen a crowd so enthused by and immersed in a game.
Watched it back when we got home and concluded that….
Harry should definitely have been sent off-absolutely shocking challenge.
We were fortunate not to concede a penalty for Royal on Jota.
The Dele penalty claim was also a very strong shout-I am surprised Sky glossed over it so easily.
Liverpool’s second goal should have 100% been disallowed for the Salah hand ball.
Other thoughts include…
Dele looked good on the telly but watching live he was even better. Whatever or wherever his future lies I am absolutely delighted for him and sincerely hope he can kick on from here.
Harry Winks ,who (like many on here) I wrote off ages ago, was a revelation. His willingness to take risks rather than always playing the safe pass and his work rate defensively made him seem like a new player. As with Dele he needs to kick on now.
The fact we missed a hatful of chances has been well documented (and each one felt more painful than the last) . Hopefully we can now continue to create more opportunities, something we have lacked for some considerable time.
I hope everyone noticed two absolutely astonishing pieces of world class defending from the much maligned Davison Sanchez. I know his concentration can , on occasion, let him down but he possesses real talent and athleticism and could yet become the player we all hoped he would be.
All in all my favourite game so far in the new stadium ( Man City 2-0 in league and Man City 1-0 in CL being the others)
Upwards and onwards, COYS!!!

Despite the attendance being far from capacity I thought the atmosphere inside the stadium was immense. I have rarely, in recent times, seen a crowd so enthused by and immersed in a game.
Watched it back when we got home and concluded that….
Harry should definitely have been sent off-absolutely shocking challenge.
We were fortunate not to concede a penalty for Royal on Jota.
The Dele penalty claim was also a very strong shout-I am surprised Sky glossed over it so easily.
Liverpool’s second goal should have 100% been disallowed for the Salah hand ball.
Other thoughts include…
Dele looked good on the telly but watching live he was even better. Whatever or wherever his future lies I am absolutely delighted for him and sincerely hope he can kick on from here.
Harry Winks ,who (like many on here) I wrote off ages ago, was a revelation. His willingness to take risks rather than always playing the safe pass and his work rate defensively made him seem like a new player. As with Dele he needs to kick on now.
The fact we missed a hatful of chances has been well documented (and each one felt more painful than the last) . Hopefully we can now continue to create more opportunities, something we have lacked for some considerable time.
I hope everyone noticed two absolutely astonishing pieces of world class defending from the much maligned Davison Sanchez. I know his concentration can , on occasion, let him down but he possesses real talent and athleticism and could yet become the player we all hoped he would be.
All in all my favourite game so far in the new stadium ( Man City 2-0 in league and Man City 1-0 in CL being the others)
Upwards and onwards, COYS!!!
Thanks for that, great summary for those of us who weren't there. The atmosphere certainly did seem electric, even on the telly, I think the team picked up on it and gave the extra inch as a result.

Regarding our penalty shouts, I actually thought the one on Winks on the edge of the area was a stronger claim than the one on Dele. Might have been called outside the box mind.

Media in shambles talking about Kane should have been given red. No mention of Salahs handball what lead to a goal. Shocking, huh?
This really pisses me off.

The whole new stage of play thing is crap in this instance.

He was in the 6 yard box. The ball did not leave our pen area after.

How is a handball, in the 6 yard box, not influencing the play and leading to a goal?!

Worst still he was doing bloody jazz hands after so you didn't even need replays to know it hit his hand!

Back
Top Bottom