Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can, I know the difference between asking a question and mounting a personal attack.
You however, appear not to. Either that or we have a big gap between our understanding of what constitutes a personal attack.

If you say anything I disagree with and feel compelled to respond, I'll try to remember to soft soap everything for you. If you are prepared to launch a defence like this on someone else's behalf, heaven only knows how upset you will be if I have the cheek to pass comment on your posts.
Well just a suggestion then…. You don’t have to impugn someone’s education to ask a question

And soft soap what you want just don’t bring it near me

No-he has run out of batteries for his walkie talkies!
Jesus H Christ, you really are a tit, aren't you?
You really don't take it very well when you get called out for being a lying bullshitter - do you?

why the fuck are you so obsessed with walkie talkies, are you under the impression that anyone who works in telecoms walks around with one?

You really are dim.......... and very, very bitter.

You shouldn't tell lies, then people won't humiliate you for it.

WTT I LOVE JOEY BARTON NOW?

The thing is, I bet because of the ridiculous over reaction to this that we have a player unjustly sent off in our next game. It is how things work. I believe them not getting a penalty yesterday was a direct result of their players, especially Salah, intentionally looking for a defender's contact in the box rather than actually being fouled. (Eg. Salah v Villa last week). Refs are fed up being made to look like mugs, giving penalties that shouldn't be one.

Well just a suggestion then…. You don’t have to impugn someone’s education to ask a question

And soft soap what you want just don’t bring it near me
I didn't question his education.
I just said that I'm not impressed with his football knowledge.
Go into the Harry Winks thread and look at his juvenile comments about someone who plays for Spurs and has represented his country - and was possibly the best player on the field against Liverpool yesterday.

I'm equally unimpressed by people who think that Xg figures are a worthwhile analysis of a football match

The thing is, I bet because of the ridiculous over reaction to this that we have a player unjustly sent off in our next game. It is how things work. I believe them not getting a penalty yesterday was a direct result of their players, especially Salah, intentionally looking for a defender's contact in the box rather than actually being fouled. (Eg. Salah v Villa last week). Refs are fed up being made to look like mugs, giving penalties that shouldn't be one.
I believe it was a penalty but he 100% played for it

That’s why I think it wasn’t given

I didn't question his education.
I just said that I'm not impressed with his football knowledge.
Go into the Harry Winks thread and look at his juvenile comments about someone who plays for Spurs and has represented his country - and was possibly the best player on the field against Liverpool yesterday.

I'm equally unimpressed by people who think that Xg figures are a worthwhile analysis of a football match
His/her …. Just saying

Mick, the further back the post gets the more comfortable you are entering into revisionist territory

Shoehorning Harry winks into the debate is just odd

Brighton forum.

Funny that Spurs are given free reign to have a couple of weeks off yet Liverpool have to play 3 times in a week with players with Covid unavailable

so spurs get a corner from a shot which came off a liverpool player even though the player taking the shot was clearly offside

How come Kane gets a yellow for premeditated assault, yet the Liverpool player gets sent off for a mistimed whack!

That’s because he (Kane) is an absolute ****. He is the player I dislike the most in the PL

Weird how even irrelevant clubs like Brighton hate Spurs now.

No one likes us :kaneshh:

I loved that Klippety moaned that we pumped the ball long towards the space behind their fullbacks.

Yes you stupid fucker - if you want your fullbacks to push up the pitch as far as possible, then we have every fucking right to exploit the gaps they leave. I think its called doing your homework and getting your tactics right. Fucking melt.

I genuinely don’t get it though, we’ve won nothing in years, we’ve been pretty shit for the last few seasons, they all say we’re a small club, apparently we’re bottlers… yet they’re all obsessed with us? Fucking weirdos
Brighton forum.

Funny that Spurs are given free reign to have a couple of weeks off yet Liverpool have to play 3 times in a week with players with Covid unavailable

so spurs get a corner from a shot which came off a liverpool player even though the player taking the shot was clearly offside

How come Kane gets a yellow for premeditated assault, yet the Liverpool player gets sent off for a mistimed whack!

That’s because he (Kane) is an absolute ****. He is the player I dislike the most in the PL

Weird how even irrelevant clubs like Brighton hate Spurs now.

No one likes us :kaneshh:

I've noticed its particularly been on the rise since the stadium was built. It makes the smaller clubs feel smaller. My heart weeps.

His/her …. Just saying

Mick, the further back the post gets the more comfortable you are entering into revisionist territory

Shoehorning Harry winks into the debate is just odd

.......And the more he waters down what was an extremely half-baked initial apology.

Last edited:
I know it’s a played out trope blaming the poor squad we have but I can’t help but feel if we had Llorente type striker to bring on instead of Moura we would have won the game. We really need more options in the team.

Brighton forum.

Small clubs simping for the sky faves is SUCH a bad look.

Actually; I think Adam Lalana wrote that post. :kaneear:

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I actually think the officiating was quite good yesterday. The three potential penalties (Dele/Winks/Jota) were all soft and if you call one, you basically have to call the others. I think that’s fine. Kane to me is a yellow, and of course I’m biased in that. The argument of “if Robertson doesn’t jump, his leg is broken!” doesn’t matter to me, because he did jump and you have to call the match in front of you. Honestly, as it happened, I wasn’t even sure that Kane had actually made contact with him though.

Maybe Tierney was a little card happy, but overall, I can’t really complain too much about the calls. He was consistent throughout and wasn’t awful.

Back
Top Bottom