Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool | Sunday 19 Dec | 16:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m no fan of him but if Jose had acted the way Klopp did, you can guarantee he’d have been sanctioned to hell and back by now.

There is zero doubt that he is given extra leeway because of his media persona and the club he manages. The man would have to physically assault a referee to face any real consequences.
José is the opposite of Klopp. He's done a lot of bad shit over the years, but according to most of the players that have played under him, he's a gent behind the scenes. Klopp is the media darling, but behind that persona he's a grade A twat.

I’d be interested to see Winks retain that spot in the middle (as Conte seems to have instructed him to pass forward and it’s working) but see Skipp right it out with Dele to be one of the dual 8s, and Lo Celso with Ndombele on the other side. I think if you move Winks away from the middle here he’ll be less effective with fewer angles to play with, and I think he deserves to keep the spot right now, while equally I think Skipp has the athleticism and intelligence to do much of what Dele did well yesterday (albeit not as naturally gifted). Of the ball in particular, as the two wide CMs were charged with pressing the opposition full backs, Skipp could play that role very well.

The player I fear for, and have done since Conte arrived, is Højbjerg. I think that as much as he’s got so much that’s good about him, our play looked so much slicker without him there and against teams that sit back more than Liverpool did I think that’ll be even more important. I like the guy but I can’t really see where he fits:

I think LoCelso is the only other player who would play that "get forward and into the box to support attackers" role like Deli yesterday - Lo Celso is also a lefty, so sits on the left "easier" for me.

I think Winks might arguably more comfortable as the R8 than he is as the pivot/6 - I'm pretty sure that's where/how he played through the academy more - and gives him less responsibility and less defensive responsibility - which I don't think is his forte - in terms of the nuances of reading and reacting defensively - not that he's scared to tackle etc.

He did a decent job there Sunday, but I don't think he has the natural traits to be the 6 pivot most weeks. It requires a bit more composure, positional awareness and discipline than he possesses.

Either way, I would very much like us to stick with the 352/CM3 format. It gives us a good tactical structure that I think suits us better, and we can interchange components (and upgrade them) and still make it work. It can give us a midfield that actually plays some football and enables us to control and create games better.

I’m no fan of him but if Jose had acted the way Klopp did, you can guarantee he’d have been sanctioned to hell and back by now.

There is zero doubt that he is given extra leeway because of his media persona and the club he manages. The man would have to physically assault a referee to face any real consequences.

Annoys the shit out of the me the way that between himself and the media he's kinda been progressively positioned as the voice of English football..... Covid? Klopps take is front and center.... The ESL... ditto..... etc.

It's not even a dipper cult thing.... The media really do guzzle down the Klopp Kool-aid.

I haven't seen this many post match tears from them since the 2-2 at Anfield with the last min pen, bunch of fucking cry babies this fanbase are, it's actually mental.

I think LoCelso is the only other player who would play that "get forward and into the box to support attackers" role like Deli yesterday - Lo Celso is also a lefty, so sits on the left "easier" for me.

I think Winks might arguably more comfortable as the R8 than he is as the pivot/6 - I'm pretty sure that's where/how he played through the academy more - and gives him less responsibility and less defensive responsibility - which I don't think is his forte - in terms of the nuances of reading and reacting defensively - not that he's scared to tackle etc.

He did a decent job there Sunday, but I don't think he has the natural traits to be the 6 pivot most weeks. It requires a bit more composure, positional awareness and discipline than he possesses.

Either way, I would very much like us to stick with the 352/CM3 format. It gives us a good tactical structure that I think suits us better, and we can interchange components (and upgrade them) and still make it work. It can give us a midfield that actually plays some football and enables us to control and create games better.
I think we’re generally pretty aligned on what we’d want to see, and equally I think the three in midfield ultimately mitigate the weaknesses and maximise the strengths of each player of constricted properly.

I see what you’re saying re Winks, but my fear would always be that by moving him to the right to mitigate his less natural defensive game, we’d be giving him a narrower field to play with having at last last got the bastard playing with his head up and getting the ball forward. I guess it depends on who else is in the team, but I also guess that with three centre backs (the wide two clearly being instructed to step up) , there’s less necessity to have someone as a dedicated ball winner dead centre in midfield as we seem quite happy pushing the players wide and stopping/ mopping up crosses. We won’t be playing v Trent and Robertson every week thankfully.

I fear there's a supernatural phenomena going on.... Pls hear me out.....

So far we've been told (in the respective player threads):

- Winks was shit.
- Dele was his usual "nothing" self.
- Dier was equally a non-entity and didn't make any passes.
- Emerson was said to be shite.
- Sess did "ok", but not good enough going forward.
- Lucas (obviously also filed under "never does anything" too)
- Once again Conte said to have got a number of things wrong.

Now, what with Son & Kane not converting a string of good chances (even though one would deduce that no-one created said chances - NB: See above + the fact that Ndombele's assist was his only chance created) as per the usual prevailing narrative; it seems next to nobody played to a commendable level.

So; how the hell is the established synopsis that we really should have won that game; with even the sky cunts saying we were excellent?

I think we need a superior mind to break this down for us.

Igula Igula - Come on down.

Igula Igula - You seem awfully quiet.

Happy to gob off to Mrs P, but lack the balls to front up and rise to the challenge here?

Little man.

They're such a fucking embarrassing fanbase, makes it even more fucking unpalatable that they have everybody and their mums in the media come to bat for them when they have their little perceived injustices.

The pure hypocrisy between the outcry for Harry's tackle vs an identical one last year from Robertson on Tanganga is outrageous. All the while they are crying "WHITE ENGLAND CAPTAIN FREE PASS".

Fuck me these morons couldn't be more 'we hate Tottenham and especially Harry Kane' if they started the club and wore the stickers on their forehead. Twats.

Isn't it incredible how much talk there STILL is about Kane. and the dangerous tackle etc whereas there's nothing about that little fucking rat prick Andy Robertson's lash out just because he got a red doing that is all okay then?

Curious to see if he'll get the full, requisite 3 match ban or whether the propaganda drive will see him just miss the one game.

Igula Igula - You seem awfully quiet.

Happy to gob off to Mrs P, but lack the balls to front up and rise to the challenge here?

Little man.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I didn't gob off anyone, just because you have a meltdown anytime someone doesn't tow the company line like you do doesn't mean others can't have a difference of opinions without crying about it.

What challenge is there? Maybe state a challenge if you want to cry about it later.

Back
Top Bottom