Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester City - 3rd May, 16:00.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Frustrating one today. Thought it was our best performance in awhile but we just couldn't finish at all. Tough to pick out any real poor performances, thought we put in a real solid shift from front to back. City are a mature team and scored an opportunistic goal, it happens. Aguero is one of the world's best.

Dier, Bentaleb, Rose, and Lamela were our best for me. Special shout out to Lamela who I have been destroying recently. He finally combined his energy with a very solid offensive performance. Didn't hold onto the ball too long and got himself in excellent creative positions. Really needed to see a performance like that from him.

Nothing to fret about today from me. Another day and we probably get a win. Only thing I would say critically is that you look at our bench when we are trying to change a game and we bring one Soldado, Paulinho, and Adebayor. That's just not good enough. Need to make some shrewd acquisitions this summer and continue to successfully integrate our young players. Talent isn't all the way there yet.

Up the Spurs!

If you were in charge of buying at Real surely Aguero would be top of the list this summer.
What a player. That volley in the first half. Jesus Christ.

Exactly. Reading peoples talk up Lamela's work rate while the £30m attacking winger who is bollocks at banging out goals. They need to tune into the MLS where we have plenty of these type.
yeh i do find it strange that the lamela fans focus on work rate so much. its like buying a keeper whos poor at keeping but good at distribution! does lamela do what we need him to do? nope. but he runs around a lot.

Last edited:
yeh i do find it strange that the lamela fans focus on work rate so much. its like buying a keeper whos poor at keeping but good at distribution! does lamela do what we need him to do? nope. but he runs around a lot.
This is the thing with Mason. His work rate`s great and he runs an runs. Problem is, he aint a very good footballer. Paulinho is twice the player Mason is. And looked it when he replaced him. Yet instead of concentrating on getting Paulinho to up his work rate, he`ll be sold this summer, and Mason will be kept. And the fans will be happy !

Today showed up where we are short, midfield and up front. Chadli, Pamela and eriksen were again below par. Danny rose was man of the match for me, if all the team showed his and Kane's comittment we would be flying.

His dead balls were good from what I remember.
The trouble with Lamela is I see a £28m price tag tied around his neck and I think he should be doing so much more.
i think its the opposite way around. people see his 28m price tag & are desperate for him to do well. so any small good thing he does gets well over exaggerated. which is why u see people saying lamela was motm & the main or only reason is because he works hard. theres other players who work just as hard but get slated. they didnt cost 28m. although i agree about his set pieces. i actually think he should try taking & shooting from free kicks on the edge of the box.

Last edited:
If you were in charge of buying at Real surely Aguero would be top of the list this summer.
What a player. That volley in the first half. Jesus Christ.

I said that to my mate I was watching it with. I hope it happens, little bastard loves scoring against us. What a player, him and Silva are my favorites to watch in the league just a shame he's so good at terrorizing us.

I've harsh on Lamela recently but he was much more than work rate today. Created six chances and actually looked dangerous for once. The fact he got that chance on target in injury time was incredible.

How much of it is bad luck really?
The good chances we had ... Dier missed the target with a free header, Mason made a bad choice to blast it instead of lifting it over Hart, Kane tried to go round Hart instead of squaring to Chadli. None of that is luck.
9 out of 10 strikers would have finished across Hugo into the far corner, and Lloris was starting to move that way. So Aguero went the other way. That is not luck either.

Nah, my bad for 'cut & pasting' the definition of un-lucky, to replace it with 'Spursy'... not unlucky at all... far from it, we deserved at least 3 goals, and that would've given us a 3-1 win... which in itself is typical Spurs (luck!) the fact Burnley, Palace (plus Man Utd & Liverpool) managed to do what we couldn't today is also down to typical Spurs luck... very different from actual luck which is unpredictable, and erratic... today's defeat was totally predictable, and followed to Spurs script to the letter!! Man City come to us on the back of 4 straight away defeats... of course we weren't gonna make it 5... not luck, just Spurs.

This is the thing with Mason. His work rate`s great and he runs an runs. Problem is, he aint a very good footballer. Paulinho is twice the player Mason is. And looked it when he replaced him. Yet instead of concentrating on getting Paulinho to up his work rate, he`ll be sold this summer, and Mason will be kept. And the fans will be happy !
some will think im mad but i rate paulinho. way more ability than the likes of mason. i just think he didnt fit in & isnt in the best league for him. would do really well in spain or italy. but i still think mason is a decent player. back up for CM & start in the cup games. young & english. & we arent going to get better back up. the other problem is he is a CM. if he was a full back we could probably get away starting him. but CM is such a vital area & we need much more than decent.

Last edited:
I said that to my mate I was watching it with. I hope it happens, little bastard loves scoring against us. What a player, him and Silva are my favorites to watch in the league just a shame he's so good at terrorizing us.

...and I think that is where you lost most votes!

...and I think that is where you lost most votes!

Fair point, I loathe Madrid as well but at least I wouldn't have to watch him destroy us twice a season. Really no good outcome here...

An encouraging performance... however we still need to kick on and get 6th place and guaranteed Europa so 3 big games left.

Thought Lamela was greatly improved today. Hopefully he can pick up some form in the remaining games as a boost for pre-season.

Rose / Bentaleb were class but that seems a given these days.

It's time to give Yedlin a run out. His crazy pace would be very destructive for opposing defences. We really lose nothing defencively by starting him at fullback and moving Dier to centre and have much to gain in our attack.

We really deserved something out of that game.. We should have taken at least two of those chances.
Love Dier at RB, his crosses are awesome. Thought Lamela put in the effort but never really created much. Rose was very good again.. Our let downs were Eriksen, Mason and Kane. Mason needs a rest.
Eriksen has been off it for a while now, don't know what's up with him..

Highlight of the day - That dirty, GobShite Wank splat Nasri coming on for about a minute and going off injured..

Good performance but deserved better.

Back
Top Bottom