Tottenham Hotspur vs Manchester United (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

WILL WE WIN?

• Total voters
GXR0vmu.jpg

Not the greatest, but it'll do the trick.
Where's the park bench and the step ladder? :avbwtf:

I thought Hugo's last minute diving header was outrageous. Made my heart stop for a few seconds, but the clearance was great.
Couldn't find a gif of it so i had to make one myself :llorisserious:

aIqcgN.gif

The guy seriously has gone mental since the Lukaku thing hasnt he!! random backwards punching, coming out even when there are defenders there, still littered with good saves when needed though - love him

BTW, who was Lennon going ape-shit at while they were walking off at the end...?

Rose???

Kane...??????

Penry, the Mild-Mannered Janitor...?

Hong_Kong_Phooey006.jpg

Could be!!!!

Probably Kane as there was that chance near the end when he could have sent him free but fluffed it?

I do hope Ade is fit for the w/e, I think he did the right thing to go off and not make it worse.
You know, the biggest thing we have gained under Sherwood is that the opposition now has to worry about us countering their attacks. Before, our play was so slow and lifeless that we weren't a threat in that regard. Teams will start fearing us again and every good team needs that.

They had ONE debatable penalty situation and that's it. We had one as well.

Welbeck dived, should have been yellow carded. Januzaj dived (outside the area).
I thought Hugo's last minute diving header was outrageous. Made my heart stop for a few seconds, but the clearance was great.
Couldn't find a gif of it so i had to make one myself :llorisserious:

aIqcgN.gif

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been waiting for this!

Anybody else find adebayors reaction after our second goal strange? He walks back to centre circle as if we have conceded! I do wonder about him.

I also wonder about him, but I think in this case, he is just conserving his energy!! Seriously, He has not played for a while and his whole demmena is layed back anyway! I feel uncomfortable saying this but I think our season, in terms of success, lies with the committment and work rate of Adebayor! He for me will set the tone and therefore the outcome of our season!! And that really makes me wonder how things will look come May!!

A United Supporter that I interact with on another forum . His POV on the game. Delusional

RedDevilz4 hours ago
I thought we dominated them, which is the only thing that surprised me. They defended and played counter, to their credit our defense didn't hold up.

Skysports NZ lost the rights to broadcast the premiership this season but instead they bought the rights to MUTV, City TV, Woolwich TV etc. I've just rewatched the match with MUTV commentary, it's fuckin glorious! Especially when H.Kane wallops it into the stand. Soooo much butt hurt

I can't believe the feeling of OUTRAGE coming from Manchester about the perceived injustices they 'suffered' in that game!
FFS, it's like they have wiped the past 20 years of injustice going the other way, out of their collective consciousness!

Gomes, Mendes for starters.... do they want us to continue??

Nani... that one still grates on me. Can't remember the referee but he claimed he'd waved play on - by putting his arms behind his back. You know, the internationally recognised symbol of play on... oh wait that's the opposite isn't it? Play on is ARMS FORWARD OUTSTRETCHED, you prick.

Still not sure about the other half of that argument too, he said he was playing advantage. Think he was confused, I mean I can see Man Utd's advantage in playing on, but wasn't it supposed to be ours...? Not sure what advantage we gained from having the ball sitting in the back of our net, I mean I guess we gained the advantage of possession on the centre spot shortly afterwards...

I've read 75% of this thread but can't see this questioned anywhere -

How did Lloris not get sent off for that 'challenge' on Ashley Young? My feelings on that diving cunt aside, I felt that was one of the most blatant penalty decisions this season, possibly a red card, and he got away with it scot free.

I can only assume I missed something, but there is not way he got the ball, surely...!

How did Lloris not get sent off for that 'challenge' on Ashley Young? My feelings on that diving cunt aside, I felt that was one of the most blatant penalty decisions this season, possibly a red card, and he got away with it scot free.

I can only assume I missed something, but there is not way he got the ball, surely...!

Lloris could have shot him in the knee and tea bagged his forehead and got away with it got away with it for all I care.

Years they have been benefiting from dodgy refereeing decisions. "We do what we want, we do what we want"

Karmas a bitch

One of the TV punters over here said that it might be because Young got his cross off. I thought we lucked out on that call, but I ain't complaining!

It was a loose ball really, both young and lloris felt they could get to it and we're both entitled to go for. Had lloris not gone for it, young would have been free with time and space on the edge of the box and could have picked out a pass and probably would have conceded.

By rushing out, lloris has given young a choice to make. Had he tried to take the ball Down, and lloris come in like that, then it's a definite pen. However, young tried to cross, which is what 99 percent of players would do in that Situation. Which considering we had Dawson perfectly placed to mop up was not a problem.
Also, lloris didn't go in dangerously, as soon as he realised he wasn't favourite to get the ball he pulled out of the challenge. Only his momentum kept him going and on a wet pitch that's unavoidable.
There was no clear goalscoring opportunity being denied
. Also young fully anticipated the Challenge from lloris. In fact it was vital to him being able to cross the ball into an almost unguarded net. By crossing the ball over, and jumping out the way, Ashley young made it evident he was perfectly aware of the situation and Therefore could have no complaints with the outcome. He was entitled to not go for the ball.
I also think that, had Ashley young had slightly longer to think about it, he would have maybe tried to draw the foul, win a dodgy pen
But for me, never a foul. Young had the advantage and he played the ball.
What's the difference? Lloris fouled him (didn't touch the ball), regardless of what Young did or didn't do with the ball.

Momentum or not, Lloris took the player without taking the ball. He chose to run at Young, got there after him, and therefore didn't win the ball. That's what a foul is!

It was definitely a goal scoring situation, otherwise Lloris wouldn't have come steaming off his line to intercept the ball.

I don't even know what you mean by "entitled to not go for the ball". Please explain.

They definitely did NOT have an advantage. He crossed it and they lost possession. That is not advantage. And whether he played the ball or not is irrelevant. Most penalties I see are where the player just beats the GK to the ball, often running away from goal & kicking it out of play but anticipating the contact.

If that happened against us, I would be absolutely fuming with that decision. In my eyes it was clear as day. He took Young out, at height, touched none of the ball. It's got penalty written all over it for me.

Back
Top Bottom