Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United Sunday 23rd October. 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Unfortunately the 5 at the back is inevitable so the only thing that can be changed really is the wing backs. I don't think spence could possibly offer any less than the other two and I don't think perisic has the legs for the wing back role in this league.
Hugo
Spence sanchez Romero Davies sess
Skipp bentancur
Lucas kane Gil

That would be my lineup to switch it up. I know it won't happen and many won't agree but we have to start performing better and keeping everything the same is clearly not working for the performance and it's not working for the belief within the squad and the fans that we can do something special this year. We must start doing better or I fear we'll drop off and it'll go the same way as under previous managers.
I like that side apart from the god awful Sanchez. Kulu for Lucas and it’s a v exciting side. Lenglet must play, quietly effective

I like that side apart from the god awful Sanchez. Kulu for Lucas and it’s a v exciting side. Lenglet must play, quietly effective
I don't know if kulu is available so went for lucas. In terms of sanchez for me it's just a case of getting dier out the side now and sanchez is the only big cb other than Dier that we have.

I don't know if kulu is available so went for lucas. In terms of sanchez for me it's just a case of getting dier out the side now and sanchez is the only big cb other than Dier that we have.
The problem with Lucas is that he has no discipline to stay on the right. In his brief and ineffective cameo last night he kept drifting inside and was practically Kane's shadow at times.

I prefer Dier to that lanky clownfoot but yeah, I understand the need to get Dier out. Could Lenglet play in the centre? Could Romero and Lenglet play as a pair?

How about Royal Romero Lenglet?

I prefer Dier to that lanky clownfoot but yeah, I understand the need to get Dier out. Could Lenglet play in the centre? Could Romero and Lenglet play as a pair?

How about Royal Romero Lenglet?
I contemplated leaving both out but thought romero lenglet Davies was a bit short and not giving us enough aerial presence.

I actually think we look better with Sess at LWB. Perisic's delivery is second to none, but his defending and engine isn't as good as Sess. I also think Son works better with Sess on the left side.

Davies and Perisic certainly can't start together, not mobile enough. Lenglet needs to be the left sided centre half, he's so much better on the ball, both passing and defending wise.

A chore to watch spurs atm. No enjoyment
Yes. We are winning more than losing. But as I've said many times, I just don't enjoy the back 3, wing backs and Conte ball. At least not so far.

We do create chances and do score, but it feels like we rarely dominate games any more.

It's tolerable when the results are good (against bottom half teams mostly), but our 4 hard league games have all been awful to watch this season.

Incomprehensibly, The Magpies have been somewhat of a bogey team for us over the years.

Don’t win Sunday & the top 6 gets tighter than Jeremy Hunts upcoming budget.

Expecting a cagey & tense affair. We gotta get behind the boys & pray they show their superior class.

COYS

:kanehand:

Gonna be a real test. This lot has one of the best defenses in the league

So weird to hear that said about an Eddie Howe team.

Incomprehensibly, The Magpies have been somewhat of a bogey team for us over the years.

Don’t win Sunday & the top 6 gets tighter than Jeremy Hunts upcoming budget.

Expecting a cagey & tense affair. We gotta get behind the boys & pray they show their superior class.

COYS

:kanehand:

Let's not needlessly sell ourselves a hoodoo..... We beat them twice last year.

Dem scorers btw. :sandroscream:

So weird to hear that said about an Eddie Howe team.

Let's not needlessly sell ourselves a hoodoo..... We beat them twice last year.

Dem scorers btw. :sandroscream:
Still scarred by Tim Kruhls master class where he broke the record for most saves & the 1-5 up there.

You’re right though, it’s not squeaky bum time yet

war face GIF

Back
Top Bottom