Tottenham Hotspur vs. RCD Espanyol 10.8.13, 17:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's a fair point and I did say I was probably being harsh.
Just looking at the way he plays I'm not sure I see him as a winger.

In the second half they shifted him to the middle and pushed Siggy out wide. Granted that was his first time playing that position in a "competitive" match with his new side, but he went even more AWOL than Siggy had been. While I thought his combo work with Rose down the left side got them both into some good positions that provided outcomes that will only improve the more experience they get.

In the second half they shifted him to the middle and pushed Siggy out wide. Granted that was his first time playing that position in a "competitive" match with his new side, but he went even more AWOL than Siggy had been. While I thought his combo work with Rose down the left side got them both into some good positions that provided outcomes that will only improve the more experience they get.

yesterdays match wasn't a competative fixture it was a friendly

One thing that impacted the whole team and our build up play was when Soldado came off and Defoe came on. Soldados movement was top quality and kept the defenders on their toes giving the 3 behind him more space. Defoe is clearly a level or 2 below the Spaniard and the space dried up abit when he came on and started watching.

I was thinking for a little while that Defoe just wasnt interested, then I realised he was the same as he always was and it was just the contrast in movement and intent between he and Soldado showing

Back
Top Bottom