Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rennes is not responsible for your problems, so a little respect, please. We have also priorities in our season, and I don’t know why Rennes should accept a date that doesn’t arrange it at all. Once more, we are not the problem. La Bretagne, région de France où le tourisme a le mieux résisté au Covid-19 en 2021 😊
Ha, a sweet french word to learn : politesse ! 😀

Cool, that's fine you can play us but at risk of catching Covid and since you've shown little respect I genuinely hope you catch long covid in the penis.

Although I'm not that fussed as I think it was more a distraction than anything, UEFA have pretty much confirmed having an outbreak of a deadly virus that has killed millions is more punishable than a team not willing to reschedule.

We should never have been reliant on the final game to go through.
Shambles.

Rennes is not responsible for your problems, so a little respect, please. We have also priorities in our season, and I don’t know why Rennes should accept a date that doesn’t arrange it at all. Once more, we are not the problem. La Bretagne, région de France où le tourisme a le mieux résisté au Covid-19 en 2021 😊
Ha, a sweet french word to learn : politesse ! 😀

You come onto an English language forum for a rival football team rudely spouting a load of bollocks in French and then demand respect?! You haven't earned it so why should you get it in return?

Unless I missed something, UEFA's announcement did say reschedule the match. It wasn't a vague statement.

As you correctly mention ( and others here ) the debate about punishing Spurs came well after. It's a fucking farce.

Their initial comment, should have been something along the lines of " subject to a review of the facts, the match is postponed, etc etc "... if they intended to infant to review and verify.

Cant see us being punished.

They could punish us further by guaranteeing us a place in next year's tournament?

I am so desperate for us to win a trophy, but honestly I am so glad we are not in this competition now and this won’t be it. Other rivals will still take the piss out of us even if we won it, it has that low merit of a competition that it virtually does nothing for the club. It’s a rubbish 3rd rate competition that is good for smaller clubs that want a taste of Europe, end of story. Winning it does nothing and going out of it naturally would be even more embarrassing. The fact we have been kicked out means nobody can really take the piss. We go out of it for no fault of our own. I am glad we now don’t have to play in it.

Back
Top Bottom