Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At least our other main goalscorers are currently available - Hojbjerg, Dele, Reggie & Sanchez.

Oh and I think Kane's got one, too.

So it could be worse I suppose. Romero's case doesn't affect anything, Bryan and Emerson should be back quicker.

That said it's a bummer about Sonny, Lucas and Ben, who have all been on good form.
We are apparently expecting uptowards 3 more positives following today's testing. Which to me indicates that some people are showing symptoms.

In the ECL squad listing we have 25 players who are list A - 13 need to be available for the match to go ahead per uega rules.

Sessegnon is suspended and I'd guess Reguilon injured., Telegraph suggested we have 7 players with covid (one more than 6 yesterday ) . Leaves us at 16 fit players, with more rounds of testing to come

Its getting pretty close to that 13 fit players for match to go ahead ......... and could be even closer if ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik information is correct

We could also find Brighton called off at this rate

I knew Mason was behind this somehow!!

If Conte gets it in the next 24 hours, you know the fix is in.

Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg

In the ECL squad listing we have 25 players who are list A - 13 need to be available for the match to go ahead per uega rules.

Sessegnon is suspended and I'd guess Reguilon injured., Telegraph suggested we have 7 players with covid (one more than 6 yesterday ) . Leaves us at 16 fit players, with more rounds of testing to come

Its getting pretty close to that 13 fit players for match to go ahead ......... and could be even closer if ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik information is correct

Is Gio declared fit yet?

If not that's down to 15.

Mind you, ECL riles state that you can field non-listed players to supplement that 13 if necessary.....

In our case that only means kids afaik.... (Unlike last season when Rodon would have fit that description too).

Yup. But UEFA will want us to play the game before December 31 if we postpone it.

The league will be much more accommodating if we request to postpone the Brighton game. But we are apparently awaiting more detailed results from the PCR tests conducted today before deciding on what to do about Brighton.

Ys Yup. But UEFA will want us to play the game before December 31 if we postpone it.

The league will be much more accommodating if we request to postpone the Brighton game. But we are apparently awaiting more detailed results from the PCR tests conducted today before deciding on what to do about Brighton.

Yes the 31 December deadline is a big problem given our fixtures.

If that is not moveable then I think our squad needs to include a lot of youngsters ....... and we'll also know if Brighton match is on or not and if on, field only a few first team players against Rennes.

Yes the 31 December deadline is a big problem given our fixtures.

If that is not moveable then I think our squad needs to include a lot of youngsters ....... and we'll also know if Brighton match is on or not and if on, field only a few first team players against Rennes.
Yes, a big problem for us to fit it in by the end of the year. But, here are Rennes next 3 fixtures after Thursday night:

Sunday 12th Dec - Nice (H)
Wednesday 22nd Dec - Monaco (A)
Sunday 9th Jan - Lens (A)

Spurs have 9 fixtures in the same period!

If the game is delayed but Vitesse get a big win on Thursday it'll become almost impossible for us to qualify even if we manage to beat Rennes, won't it?

We are +2 atm as far as GD is concerned, so it depends what some feel is insurmountable.....

Even if they won 4-0, a 2-0 home win against Rennes isn't out of the question considering it's a dead rubber for them anyway.

I know some can't see past binning the game off (and therefor the comp), but qualifying and then evaluating the landscape in Feb is the far smarter approach.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom