Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm....

Spurs-were-the-first-team-to-win-the-UEFA-Cup-which-was-established-in-1971..png

We get so many of these moments, you're right - what a load of shite!!
I was at the Lane for the 1-1 second game. And at the real Wembley for the 71 and 73 League Cup wins. Then I married the wrong woman and there was no more going to watch Spurs for me. Still, emigrating to the USA when Spurs were relegated was a bit extreme

They're not good enough to get through IMO
think most are OK, but as a group they are just not bothered
maybe too billy big boots, can't they see they are no way near getting back into the first 11
maybe they just want to be out of their homes in the mornings (training) but be at home nights and weekends

I certainly wouldn't turn by nose up at winning it unfortunately our squad were shown up badly by not qualifying with bit in hand like any of the other English teams would have when you see the group we were in . Obviously a better squad could progress a few rounds before having to up the ante but not us of course .
...sounds like you've got a cold mate! :stupid:
Take somb honey and lembon!

It's not that we're too good for this comp, it's that we don't have the resources to take it seriously. That's why I'd rather we went out.
There’s just no point being in it.

As you said we don’t have the squad depth to focus on both this and the league. I know some will come and say that we do, and I guess we do on paper but reality is a stark contrast.

Even if we go all the way and win the thing we’d get a spot for the Europa League, which lets face it we could get through the league as well, and a trophy. While it might be nice to have some silverware this isn’t it.

I’d much rather we focus on the league and do whatever we can to get fourth spot.

First British team to win a European trophy.
First non-league team to win an FA Cup.
First team to do the double.
First team to win the UEFA Cup.

We do have a habit at being first to win something, so the Conference League wouldn't hurt, even if it's a tinpot cup.
Spurs weren't the first team to do the double. Preston North End were the first, Aston Villa were the second and Spurs were the third.

We are not too big to take this competition seriously, just look at our play and results. The real problem is if we had taken the cup more seriously we should have qualified top instead of Rennes and be in a position to forfeit the game as it would not have mattered. Nuno was mad to leave the first team at home and this is why we are in such a mess. No we must play to win. If we cannot get out of this group even with new players brought in how are we going to get through a CL group even if we qualify. It is not as if we win so many trophies it does not matter.

Presumably if it's played in January we will have to use the same squad as we have now, we won't be able to add new signings for the Rennes game.

Back
Top Bottom