Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That may be so.... But within that "shite" are teams who are GENUINELY give a shit and are gonna go for it ...

A mid-table Austrian/Norwegian/Slovakian team GOING ALL OUT is far more likely that a PL team who thinks it's beneath them, and doesn't really bother trying.

They could rename it the "Give a Shit" Cup, and any clubs who genuinely care, get seeded, and home advantage .. the rest who are 'above all that' can just turn up, play the U-12's (who probably WOULD care about winning) and run araaand a bit for 90mins and see who wins.

I'm still surprised we didn't enter our U-18's/'23s for this comp like the Johnstone's Paint trophy thing.... Seeing as we're all so non plussed about it.
Completely agree… it means a lot to the smaller teams and there’s a lot of them in it

Chelsea, city and psg been breaching financial fair play for years. Slapped wrist yet we get chucked out of a competition. Ridiculous. We need to fight this decision if we get booted our unfair to fans who paid to watch matches. Principal imo.

all true but I’m optimistic we can challenge for 4th and compete for the domestic cups. We progress to the final of the conf and we simply don’t challenge for 4th
I can see why you think that. But Manchester United are miles ahead of us, I think, sadly. Top4 finish must be some kind of priority, but it's not a disaster if it doesn't happen. I dont see players leaving, like with Poch it could have happened.

Players (Son, Kane, Lloris, etc.) know that there is a project now, Paratici, Conte. We need to go step by step. Prioritising top4 is normal, but Europa League + trophy and some new players would be a good start. Maybe it will be an European trophy, who knows. Next season, though, we are challenging.

I went to champions league final in madrid. Way we were treated by police after game. Police both sides of road for about a mile so we went opposite direction to Scousers.
Not the fact me and my bro had to go other way to get underground to mates car. All for 395 quid that experience. Treated like dirt by uefa. We shouldnt lie down on this just cos the french are being awkward again. Who the fuck are vitesse arnhem as well. Shit club.

The problem with that is we are not allowed to be drawn against Leicester but Vitesse are, how do they get around that?
Nah, it'll be alright. They just treat PSV/Leicester as same country as Vitesse/Tottenham and therefore PSV and Leicester will get different oponents. Still think the situation will be resolved before the draw.

No but I'm sure they didn't know who potentially had covid and who didn't throughout all the players so took the decision based on the health of the players rather than their intention to deliberately get booted out of the competition.
Thats what tests are for. They would have known who had it and who didn't.

Here-in lies the cluster-fuck aspect of things.
I agree. It really doesn’t have to be that way though. Like in all honesty, how fucking hard is this? The entire free world has been holding meetings over Zoom or Teams for the past 20 months. You’re telling me they can’t find half an hour to power through this situation?

Modern bureaucracy is just so annoying. It’s a bunch of people making sure that everyone realizes how important they are.

If it was real madrid or barcelona they wouldnt chuck them out. Still a little stigma by uefa on english clubs if we get chucked out. How difficult is it to rearrange a game. Even pub leagues do.
Well they have set a dodgy precedent...Let's see what happens to infected teams in the money spinning CL?

Unless I missed something, UEFA's announcement did say reschedule the match. It wasn't a vague statement.

As you correctly mention ( and others here ) the debate about punishing Spurs came well after. It's a fucking farce.

Their initial comment, should have been something along the lines of " subject to a review of the facts, the match is postponed, etc etc "... if they intended to infant to review and verify.

Cant see us being punished.

They could punish us further by guaranteeing us a place in next year's tournament?

I can see why you think that. But Manchester United are miles ahead of us, I think, sadly. Top4 finish must be some kind of priority, but it's not a disaster if it doesn't happen. I dont see players leaving, like with Poch it could have happened.

Players (Son, Kane, Lloris, etc.) know that there is a project now, Paratici, Conte. We need to go step by step. Prioritising top4 is normal, but Europa League + trophy and some new players would be a good start. Maybe it will be an European trophy, who knows. Next season, though, we are challenging.
I disagree, with Conte anything is possible and this is only increased with Jan backing and 7 days prep for PL games. We literally would have won the PL twice if Leicester and Chelsea had had European football in 15-17 like us (or we didn’t), firmly believe like that

UEFA must have put in/added rules to cover the covid probelm ( the 10 days isolation etc)
if we had enough players we forfeit the game
if we didn't have enough players the match needs to be rescheduled before end of dec
as UEFA comps are higher than the countries comp any ELP or French League games should be postponed to allow the match to be played

UEFA must have put in/added rules to cover the covid probelm ( the 10 days isolation etc)
if we had enough players we forfeit the game
if we didn't have enough players the match needs to be rescheduled before end of dec
as UEFA comps are higher than the countries comp any ELP or French League games should be postponed to allow the match to be played
We had enough players. We will be kicked out. It will lead to a subsequent rule change

Back
Top Bottom