Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think their case was a little more than minor.

Putting us through and dumping them out would have been a fucking disgrace.
Our advantage of knowing the result we needed is not so great

Probably more than minor then but not close to ‘dumping them out being a fucking disgrace’

We live in COVID times, things have to be more fluid

Regardless the primary argument I was making was the stance of Rennes

The interesting thing if this is the full statement is that it doesn't seem to mention our willingness to reschedule and Rennes reluctance to.

Goodbye GIF

Am genuinely unconcerned about this “decision”. It’s undoubtedly unfair to punish a team ravaged by Covid rather than the team who refused to reschedule the game, but it would have been unfair to dump Vitesse out.
It’s a shitty competition and I’d much rather we focus on our league position and domestic cups as the level of competition is much better.
Fuck UEFA though. Charlatans.

We’re not out because of this decision: basically we shouldn’t have been playing for our place in the last round come the final fixture. We weren’t in a group with Bayern, Real and PSG.

So we undercooked it and now have to accept we fell short. Am I bovvered? Not in the least. As justin justin says - back to Saturday games and that in the long run could be crucial

COYS

Back
Top Bottom