Tottenham Hotspur VS Rennes. ECL - Thursday Dec 9th 2021 KO 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have 3 games in hand and possibly games might get bounced by the prem today. I think 4th is a longish shot but not out of the question . Woolwich will have no European football and are a rival as are United with CL football for that spot. Our two failed title bids show the advantage of no European football , bids that did not have the added complication of Covid
Those games will be rescheduled and Conte will have had more time with the squad, hopefully a couple of new signings and no ECL. I reckon that is 3 wins for us

Still think Utd will just about nick it

COYS

Their pizzas cost them 30p to make and they charge double the price so they can have permanent ‘offers’, anyone stupid enough to pay full price (20 quid) makes it onto their wall chart. Not even kidding.

Before the VAT went to 20% on 2011 a medium Marghareta was £7.99. Overnight all of their food doubled and you get the pricing you see today.

My foster daughter worked in our local one, she went to Iceland to buy bags of wedges because it was cheaper than using Domino approved ones, which they then cooked and served to customers for like £4 per box. Outrageous.

I am so desperate for us to win a trophy, but honestly I am so glad we are not in this competition now and this won’t be it. Other rivals will still take the piss out of us even if we won it, it has that low merit of a competition that it virtually does nothing for the club. It’s a rubbish 3rd rate competition that is good for smaller clubs that want a taste of Europe, end of story. Winning it does nothing and going out of it naturally would be even more embarrassing. The fact we have been kicked out means nobody can really take the piss. We go out of it for no fault of our own. I am glad we now don’t have to play in it.

okay, well focus on the positives

Saturday KOs and less games to reschedule

I think that is it. Because we now have so many extra games to fit in and as we didn't win the group we would have to play that extra round of two games it would have really hampered us going forward.

Make no mistake about it, I really wanted to win this trophy and we should have had a good go at it, we don't win enough. But because we treated it with such contempt from day one, we were at a disadvantage all of our own making.

Now we need to go and win the league cup or the FA cup. No excuses for one of those.

If anyone on this forum, or anyone they know that is a Spurs supporter, ever orders a Domino pizza again, I will send my troops round and the only thing you'll be able to eat in future is soup!
queen GIF

Before the VAT went to 20% on 2011 a medium Marghareta was £7.99. Overnight all of their food doubled and you get the pricing you see today.

My foster daughter worked in our local one, she went to Iceland to buy bags of wedges because it was cheaper than using Domino approved ones, which they then cooked and served to customers for like £4 per box. Outrageous.
Their wedges are super shit from memory.

Cookies are good and the pizzas are not terrible imo but are below Pizza Hut.

Disappointing to go out in this way, but the silver lining is that we have one less competition to focus on.
I’m definitely in the ‘we should be aiming to win every match/trophy we play in‘ camp, but I’d much rather see us win the league cup or FA cup instead. I still think we’re in with a shout at top 4 too.
We’ve got to work hard and make the most of it now. We’ve got to take advantage of the better scheduling we should now have.

We have 3 games in hand and possibly games might get bounced by the prem today. I think 4th is a longish shot but not out of the question . Woolwich will have no European football and are a rival as are United with CL football for that spot. Our two failed title bids show the advantage of no European football , bids that did not have the added complication of Covid
Those games will be rescheduled and Conte will have had more time with the squad, hopefully a couple of new signings and no ECL. I reckon that is 3 wins for us

Still think Utd will just about nick it

COYS

United will have no Europe soon too.

They also pay below minimum wage.

Back
Top Bottom