Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheffield United | Sunday 2 May | 19.15 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well the honour is bestowed upon me to be thread starter for the game against the team currently bottom of the league.

Hope my 100% record does not go now. I've survived the return Sheffield United game and the Wycombe one.

I suppose we have to move on from the cup final...

5 more games to go before this season ends. Not that I'm counting or anything...

I hope they look like they want to be there and not like they are scared to make a mistake or have never played before.

This should be the kind of game where if they come out and want it they could put up a few goals and get some good feelings back after the awful performance from today.

I know there isn't a ton of reasons to think it will go well, but I am still positive we can produce some fun football from now until the end of the season.

comedy central no GIF by Drunk History

Thank goodness United won their last match against Potter & Hove Albion, after losing the 6 before that. We need Dr Tottenham to stay away :avbpray:

Having said that, 0-0

Bloody hope this isn't a repeat of when Newcastle were relegated so decided to play with full freedom.

Somehow, although slim, we are in with a shot of top 4 still. Chelsea and Liverpool have some tough games still, and West Ham have dropped points over the last 2 weeks.

Players need to put the disappointment of the final behind them, and focus on the end of the season.

Lloris
Tanganga - Alderweireld - Rodon - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bale - Dele - Lucas
Kane

Son has been disappointing the last few weeks, he needs dropping to remind him he needs to pick it up. I know he's a goal threat, but still, it's like he knows he's guaranteed to start.

I'd also drop Reguilon but don't think Davies is fit. Lo Celso has been awful the past 3-4 weeks.

Bloody hope this isn't a repeat of when Newcastle were relegated so decided to play with full freedom.

Somehow, although slim, we are in with a shot of top 4 still. Chelsea and Liverpool have some tough games still, and West Ham have dropped points over the last 2 weeks.

Players need to put the disappointment of the final behind them, and focus on the end of the season.

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bale - Dele - Lucas
Kane

Son has been disappointing the last few weeks, he needs dropping to remind him he needs to pick it up. I know he's a goal threat, but still, it's like he knows he's guaranteed to start.

I'd also drop Reguilon but don't think Davies is fit. Lo Celso has been awful the past 3-4 weeks.
....if memory serves, didn't SISSOKO play a blinder that day, and scored twice for them?

That was his Ruel Fox moment!!

Lloris
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bale - Dele - Lucas
Kane

Dele LOL

Did you see the state of our players yesterday?
Yeah and I saw the state of Dele when he came on.

He was terrible at the end of Poch's era, worse under Jose and was rightly binned off. Even his pal Mason doesn't want to play him - is that not enough evidence for you?

We have many problems but Dele is the answer to none of them. The guy is 100% finished.

If the players have any bollocks about them at all they go all out to win these next 5 games and by some miracle get top 4.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reguilon
Hojberg Lo Celso
Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son​

Hugo
Aurier Toby Rodon Davies
Lucas Tanguy Hojbjerg Bale
Kane Vinicius
Change it up fed up of the same formation and tactics with the same shit performances. Try something different ffs.

Even after all the disappointment from yesterday, we have a chance to bounce back and get three points in the league. Thats the beauty of football, games come around fast. There are certain players here that we all know, add absolutely nothing for us for the future of the team (wont go into who they are), but I believe we can win this one comfortably though.

I want to see this..

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Reggie
Hojberg
Tanguy LoCelso
Bale Kane Bergwijn

Lucas and Sonny as priority subs if we desperately need to freshen it up, but im hoping we shouldnt need emergency subs in this game. Reason why im dropping them to the bench is because Lucas is a great dribbler of the ball but just seems to lose it alot in the final third, and Sonny looks completely sapped of confidence. Sheff have nothing to lose so will be playing with pride, so we need to watch out. If we see a passive, negative approach and we lose or draw this game, then its clear the players have completely packed up for the season.

COYS! lets go give it a go these last 5 games.

Back
Top Bottom