Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol 07.11.13 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I can gather from News Now, the OS being 'not the fastest', AVB's press conference gives the following players out

Sandro Rose Fryers Ade

Therefore I go

Brad - Naughton/Stewart/someone else Vlad Kab Naughton/Stewart/someone else

Lamela Capoue Dembele Kane Defoe Eriksen

Don't ask me about the formation, because I haven'tt a clue, and it all tends to fluid anyway, I just think in terms of 'back 4 and front 6'

apparently Sandro has a slight hamstring, so will probably be back v Newcastle or just after Xmas.

I made that last bit up BTW, but it's likely to be as accurate as some of AVB's 'fitness predictions'.

On a serious note Ade will be back for Toon, no details on Fryers or Sandro return date AFAIK

Last edited:
Thta'll do!!
As long as Defoe is on the pitch to break Chivers' record, that'll do me!

(mind you, the fuck is Ade doing out... he get injured on the way into training??)

From what I can gather from News Now, the OS being 'not the fastest', AVB's press conference gives the following players out

Sandro Rose Fryers Ade

Therefore I go

Brad - Naughton/Stewart/someone else Vlad Kab Naughton/Stewart/someone else

Lamela Capoue Dembele Kane Defoe Eriksen

Don't ask me about the formation, because I haven'tt a clue, and it all tends to fluid anyway, I just think in terms of 'back 4 and front 6'

apparently Sandro has a slight hamstring, so will probably be back v Newcastle or just after Xmas.

I mads that last bit up BTW, but it's likely to be as accurate as some of AVB's 'fitness predictions'.

On a serious note Ade will be back for Toon, no details on Fryers or Sandro return date AFAIK

So Nov 10th or Dec 26th. Thats cleared that up then!

I liked the look of this thread so decide to upgrade it to MATCH THREAD status. May goals & glory rain down upon it.

Would be lovely to see Gomes get a run out.
Apparently he isn't registered for the EL.

In ways, I'd like to see a youngster play in goal as I have no faith in Brad keeping a clean sheet, but I suppose it has to be our 'veteran keeper'.

To be fair to Brad he did keep a clean sheet in his last EL outing, but I think this one will be tougher. Anyway, I'm sure it will be Brad. Lloris all the way in the 'knock out' stages though, and that's not just a joke but a serious plea :thumbup:

I liked the look of this thread so decide to upgrade it to MATCH THREAD status. May goals & glory rain down upon it.
Why thank you kind Sir, and I join in your positive wishes.

My first 'upgraded thread' did damn well in gaining a point at the 'fiercely partisan' Goodison. Surely now a home win must follow as we shoot down the Sheriffs of Transinistra. And no, I don't know to spell the country, and probaby neither does spellcheck :)

PS - where's Mr 'my football facts and stats' these days. All these clean sheet records may have overwhelmed him into statistical oblivion :)

Apparently he isn't registered for the EL.

In ways, I'd like to see a youngster play in goal as I have no faith in Brad keeping a clean sheet, but I suppose it has to be our 'veteran keeper'.

To be fair to Brad he did keep a clean sheet in his last EL outing, but I think this one will be tougher. Anyway, I'm sure it will be Brad. Lloris all the way in the 'knock out' stages though, and that's not just a joke but a serious plea :thumbup:

I've nothing against Brad, I think he's completely competent. But I do feel a little sorry for Gomes.

I've nothing against Brad, I think he's completely competent. But I do feel a little sorry for Gomes.
I've nothing against Brad either. I think he's a top bloke and a fantastic ambassador for the game. But he's 42, and age has caught up with him, as it does to all of us alas.

Re Gomes, the fact (IIRC) that we haven't registered him for Europe speaks volumes for the sorry state that he's now in at Spurs. BTW did you see his reactions in the Walker 'prank video' - priceless. First of all he's the only Spurs player who takes the question seriously, which is really sweet. Then after the 'scare', collapses on the floor and stays there way longer than anyone else, which is all too typical.

As we know he used to 'do Harry's nut in'.

But for all that, he was vital to us gaining our only CL qualification. He's a very loveable character I find.

Back
Top Bottom