Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol 07.11.13 8PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Man of the match for me goes to the sheriff manager just for his marvellous mullet

you mean the assistant? Juan Ferrando, he was Cesc Fabregas personal trainer

this is the manager
SPT_20131024_SPO_076_29381789_I1.JPG

"Veaceslav Rusnac"

Mate to be honest it stumps me as well, my only guess would be 'soccer' in AUS kinda caught on late, after the other popular sports like league, union and AFL were established and in an effort to distinguish themselves chose 'soccer'... The A-league use to be called the NSL- national soccer league....think they stole the idea off the yanks who also had there own established codes...

Yeh I'm from out parramatta way....

AFL is from Victoria, league and union are popular in the eastern states(NSW, QLD).. Difference between league and union supporters, league is working class and union supporters tend to be white and rich..
I was in Pyrmont for 3 years. West, but not as west as you!

Not impressed with the body language Eriksen, Defoe and Sigurdson were showing.

All suffered from the Sheriff Shanty Bus tactics, no room for any sort of decent creative football and became frustrated. Eriksen's dreadful pass on edge of box summed up his first half but fair play, did improve a bit in second.

finding it extremely difficult to get "The Jan" song out of my head, alot of strange looks at work when I realise my humming under breath is actually clear coherrant words!
1882 in Block 35 worked really well, fantastic night! Well done All. Will be even better if/when there are away fans in block 36 etc against Anzi!

I just hope his wife never actually does die!
'cos then you can add 'Manslaughter' to our heinous list of racist hate crimes!

All suffered from the Sheriff Shanty Bus tactics, no room for any sort of decent creative football and became frustrated. Eriksen's dreadful pass on edge of box summed up his first half but fair play, did improve a bit in second.

I started typing this at half time and forgot about it. What I didn't like was the attitude exuding from Defoe when he was talking to Eriksen and Sigurdssen just before the second half kick off. It looked like he was being very arrogant and demanding they pass more to him, and I could just see Eriksen doing one of those faces where you nod but inside you are thinking this guy is a bit of a prick. But then to be fair I watched Defoe's interview after the game and he said all the right things and I was really impressed with him. I guess he was stressed about getting the record and a goal. Plus some people are just cunts on the field but nice in real life.

Yesterday was only the 3rd time I've missed an 1882 event, they're truly special. But can someone explain what happened to Holtby and interacting with crowd or something?
Lewis holtby song as he's warming up.
Followed by "Lewis give us a wave" which he does.
More of the Holtby song.
"Lewis give us a song".. boooo.
"Shall we sing a song for you?
and back into the Holtby song.

Holtby was cracking up.

Really enjoyed last night. My dad and my friend who weren't really aware of the 1882 event before last night had nothing but high praises about the atmosphere last night. It reminded my dad of the times he used to go when he was my age.

We all deserve to give ourselves a big pat on the back;

Don't know whether it has been mentioned yet but big shout out to the guys who went to the game and were singing Holtby's name loud and proud before he even got on the pitch. Huge support like that will mean a lot to the lad, who is clearly loving life at the club right now.

Lewis holtby song as he's warming up.
Followed by "Lewis give us a wave" which he does.
More of the Holtby song.
"Lewis give us a song".. boooo.
"Shall we sing a song for you?
and back into the Holtby song.

Holtby was cracking up.

Imagine if he had???!!!!
Robbo Mk.II

well 'PROPS' (I tink dat's wat dem kidz say?) to @ alexwooty alexwooty and @ SanDiegoYiddo SanDiegoYiddo in that case! Top hole dear boys, top hole!

And yes, the next Harry Kane appearance should hopefully see it given another airing!

...and if you need a song-sheet, its':

Sunday-Monday, Harry Kane,
Tuesday-Wednesday, Harry Kane,
Thursday-Friday, Harry Kane,
The weekend comes,
He plays for Spurs,
(or 'he scores goals' depending on your levels of optimism!)
Wearing White and Bluuuuuuuue!I

This Harry Kane is yours and mine
Oh Harry Kane (OH HARRY KANE)
This Harry Kane is yours and mine
This Harry Kane is yours and my Harry Kane!!!

A 'Hurri' Kane warning if you will...

On the basis that if you want a song to gain traction you need to slag off the scum at the same time can I suggest a slight amendment

Sunday-Monday, Harry Kane,
Tuesday-Wednesday, Harry Kane,
Thursday-Friday, Harry Kane,

Saturday, is Harry's day
He's gonna outscore Giroud

Enjoyed myself last night, despite having to stand next to two utter cunts who just stood like statues the entire fucking game. One of them, a short puggish Elton John lookalike wouldn't even cheer for the goal. Cunt. He should've been in the West Stand.

I also got a bit pissed off with the stewards last night. I mean look at this shit as we left....

2wn8yue.jpg

What did they think would happen? It was as if they thought we were a bunch of hoolies or something.

Enjoyed myself last night, despite having to stand next to two utter cunts who just stood like statues the entire fucking game. One of them, a short puggish Elton John lookalike wouldn't even cheer for the goal. Cunt. He should've been in the West Stand.

I also got a bit pissed off with the stewards last night. I mean look at this shit as we left....

2wn8yue.jpg

What did they think would happen? It was as if they thought we were a bunch of hoolies or something.
Do you mind me asking what row you were in? I think I saw the guy you were talking abput.

Back
Top Bottom