Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back to the bread and butter of the PL.

2nd home game of 3 in a week.

Should have more of the regular crowd there for this one.

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Davies Reggie
Bentancur Winks
Bergwijn Kane Son

Unsure if Romero can play 2 games so soon.
Also not sure if Dier is back or Skipp.

Still want revenge for the reverse fixture. Got shafted by the officials in that one.

Daughter can't go and can't 'gift' her ticket to one of my mates as none of them fancy going.

So flying solo. Billy no mates! :(

Can't even sell it on the exchange either to get back a couple of quid as that isn't open.

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Royal Bentacur Winks Reguilon
Kulu Kane Son

I don’t know if Romero or Son are fit enough to start again so soon after coming back but I think they could play like 60 mins and then come off. Bentacur should start, I put Kulu instead of Lucas because Southampton are the type of mid team a start to see how well he does.

After good debuts off the bench, I think Conte will try out both Bentacur and Kulusevski in the starting line up which rests a couple of players. Going forward I think its worth rotating a couple of players each match both to rest players and keep all the players on the bench match fit for the rest of the season - some players might not be rotated but most will

Lloris
Romero, Dier, Davies
Royal, Skipp, Bentacur, Reguilon
Kulusevski, Kane, Son​

If Skipp and Dier are still not fit, Hojbjerg and Sanchez are likely to come in, with White and Rodon joining the bench..

Subs : Gollini, Doherty, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Winks, Hojbjerg, Bergwijn , Moura, Scarlett

Not Selected : Austin, Rodon,

Back to the bread and butter of the PL.

2nd home game of 3 in a week.

Should have more of the regular crowd there for this one.

Lloris
Doherty Sanchez Dier Davies Reggie
Bentancur Winks
Bergwijn Kane Son

Unsure if Romero can play 2 games so soon.
Also not sure if Dier is back or Skipp.

Still want revenge for the reverse fixture. Got shafted by the officials in that one.
Just don't give away a silly free kick for JWP.....Sanchez alert!

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Kulu Kane Son

I don’t know if Romero or Son are fit enough to start again so soon after coming back but I think they could play like 60 mins and then come off. Bentacur should start, I put Kulu instead of Lucas because Southampton are the type of mid team a start to see how well he does.

Same for me, but I'd tuck Kulu in behind Kane & Sonny:

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Kulu
Kane Son

r7Awtsr.png

Subs: Gollini, Davies, Rodon, Doherty, Sessegnon, Winks, Kulusevski, Bergwijn, Scarlett

Cløgbjerg gets the start vs his former club.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sessegnon (@ LWB) or Doherty (@RWB) getting a start, or for Bergwijn or Kulusevski to get the nod over Lucas.

Tricky side Southampton, but we should have enough here surely?

Kane and Son look like they are coming back to their best and it feels like we have a happier camp now that the bad eggs have fucked off.

Is Skipp injured? If not, why have all the starting XIs I've seen on here so far not included him?
He'd be the first midfielder named in my starting XI.

If skipp is fit he is must prbly for winks. Conte won’t “drop” PEH. Son came off pretty early and Romero not long after so should be good to start. Only way to get back to full fitness. Son hasn’t been out too long anyway so. Ice little rest. Prbly was fit during the 2 week break. Dier in for davies although conte loves davies. I think our best 3 CBs line up is Dav Ron Dier. Hopefully he keeps same WBs as we lose momentum when we keep changing. Could be a case for berg over Lucas. Otherwise few changes need to get into a grove. New boys again off the bench give them minutes later on depending on how the games is going. They can observe from the bench pace of the game so they are ready and know what to expect when they come on.

Home games against Southampton and Wolves before a trip to the Ethiad. Really two games we need to be winning.

Back
Top Bottom