Tottenham Hotspur vs Stoke City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cant stand this Adebayor and Defoe pairing up top. It is fucking worthless. All they do is run around and then give the ball away. Adebayor lost almost every aerial duel and Defoe wasted possession again and again with his useless long shots and terrible first touches. If I have to watch this all season I'm going to go crazy.

Could be worse, you could have to watch stoke every week.

All I'm going to say is well defended Stoke. We don't like it when teams come to WHL and just play for the point but it just shows how much respect teams have for us now.

Without a doubt we need to strengthen in January, not sure who but striker and cover for the wingers is needed.

You lot are sounding like Gooners.

"Stoke are bastards, coming here and stopping us scoring, how dare they!"

We stopped us scoring. No cutting edge. Little competition for places. Stoke aren't good to watch, but why should they be?

Adebayor lost almost every aerial duel and Defoe wasted possession again and again with his useless long shots and terrible first touches. If I have to watch this all season I'm going to go crazy.
Adebayor was 0/7 in aerial duels, with four of those coming inside the box.

Defoe had four tries on goal, only one inside the box, and that one just barely.

In other words,
o2a2f.gif

I cant stand this Adebayor and Defoe pairing up top. It is fucking worthless. All they do is run around and then give the ball away. Adebayor lost almost every aerial duel and Defoe wasted possession again and again with his useless long shots and terrible first touches. If I have to watch this all season I'm going to go crazy.
Yeah, lets get Clint the goal machine back in.

They are a team filled to the brim with average players, they look to foul rather than actually tackle, and they are owned and funded by a seedy betting firm.

Couple that with the fact that they are about the worst possible advert for football you can have. If everyone was like stoke no one would want to watch football.

Yes and so did half the teams in the 80's. They are as from modern football as you can get. Please see City and Chelsea for that.

They are still a cunt team though, and should be eradicated from football.

You lot are sounding like Gooners.

"Stoke are bastards, coming here and stopping us scoring, how dare they!"

We stopped us scoring. No cutting edge. Little competition for places. Stoke aren't good to watch, but why should they be?

I'm not bothered about them defending, Swansea did that last week. It's just the WAY stoke go about it. There were some proper rugby tackles going on in that game. The ref had a shocker too fwiw.

IMO I dont think this 4-4-2 with Ade and Defoe is working too well. They just seem to take up each others space. Would rather have an other MF on the pitch. That and not really having a plan b on the bench.

End of the day goals win games. We didn't score so we didn't win. If we scored we'd have won. It's our own fault we didn't score Stoke aren't gonna do that for us are they?

It's not all doom & gloom though. They are unbeaten in 8 now, so are clearly very good at what they set out to achieve: not lose games. Having said that, we probably would've won if we had some of our more creative players firing on all cylinders.

It's been said before, and it'll be said again until the end of eternity: We need a new striker.

A player like Bale who excels in crossing the ball is so wasted having to serve balls into players who don't score on crosses like Adebayor and Defoe.

Moutinho and Llorente in January for me. I previously thought we weren't in desperate need of a striker and would have rather had a player like Willian but I don't know anymore. I'm very confused.

Back
Top Bottom