TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. WEST BROMWICH ALBION

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

City in a similar mesh up right now agaist Hufdersfield. Diff so far they had a pen given we didnt? Nothing much happening in the middle bc it is packed. I'm curious to see what City can do here that we couldnt

Fill the squad with world class players cos money is no object....

(These small margins are what the extra £10m... £20m... £30m (+ crazy wages) per player buys for both your starting XI AND bench.)

Fill the squad with world class players cos money is no object....

(These small margins are what the extra £10m... £20m... £30m (+ crazy wages) per player buys for both your starting XI AND bench.)
Well of course but that aside I like to think that we have arrived at similar level of talant somehow via uniquely different rout enabled by the youth system some early talent scouting and sherewed dealing negotiating and betting by Levy-Poch and the new stadium etc. How long can sustain not sure but sure feels time ticking. Really could use a CL win this season

Well of course but that aside I like to think that we have arrived at similar level of talant somehow via uniquely different rout enabled by the youth system some early talent scouting and sherewed dealing negotiating and betting by Levy-Poch and the new stadium etc. How long can sustain not sure but sure feels time ticking. Really could use a CL win this season

We had, but City & United upped the anti again with another £200-£300m spent in the summer.

They will both spend again in Jan and then spend more than ever next summer.

Even the Chav's can't keep up any longer...

The stadium being a leveler is a myth IMO.

We had, but City & United upped the anti again with another £200-£300m spent in the summer.

Agree with most of that.

However lets not lose sight of our own failings which are partly principle and complacency.

We are not even playing well enough or consistently enough to take advantage of any slip-ups should they occur.

Agree with most of that.

However lets not lose sight of our own failings which are partly principle and complacency.

We are not even playing well enough or consistently enough to take advantage of any slip-ups should they occur.

We're not talking about winning the league... This strain of the convo is routed in overcoming a parked bus.

Not sure what you mean by "principle" though....?

(...Is that cloaked-speak for we need to be more reckless with our finances...? : P )

Last edited:
Just seen the highlights on MOTD and couldn't believe the post match comments from Gary Megson . He knows how to big himself up.... He seem to imply. WBA gave us more trouble than RM as we (Tottenham) needed to change their formation a few times because WBA (implying-were so good) but stuck with the 3 at the back against RM.?

The best posts seem to be from those that went to the match. Guido gave a very good account. I do not go to many matches but picked this one. Should have known better have bad memories of this fixture in 1980. When I saw Sanchez closing Rondon down I felt no danger and was shocked when it trickled in. The 2 wing backs just did not get forward enough or play well. Whilst WBA clearly parked the bus there was times when they went forward and looked dangerous but every time we gained procession we mucked it up with a misplaced pass or lost procession. Too many passes especially in the final third went astray. Too many shots were of poor quality. Free kicks were poor, cannot remember the last one we scored direct from.
Foster should have been booked in the first half and was booed every time he got the ball and yet the Ref just ignored it and even worse did not allow sufficient extra time.
Only good points apart from not losing was Dembele looked sharper and Kane whilst not at his best was better than last week when he clearly was unfit. Think we miss a strong DM in either Wanyama or Dier and thought it was better when Dier moved into midfield at the beginning of the second half. Llorente has been a disappointment but at the time I liked the move and cannot blame Poch. 15 goals last season, but just has not looked like scoring.

Real Madrid are even slipping off the pace of PSG and City, so to think we can keep up is naive

We kept up last season?

And we are doing the same pace this season but now sitting 13 points behind them as they dropped 2 all season

I’m not critical of what we are achieving and I think it’s spectacular how we are going about our business by promoting youth.

The unfortunate truth through is they are on financial steroids and will happily spend hundreds of millions on a continual basis

We kept up last season?

Did you not notice how much City and PSG spent this summer?

All we can do is concern ourselves with our own trajectory...

Same EPL points as last year. Vast improvement in the CL... All despite the Wembley factor.

Upward curve continues.

Did you not notice how much City and PSG spent this summer?

All we can do is concern ourselves with our own trajectory...

Same EPL points as last year. Vast improvement in the CL... All despite the Wembley factor.

Upward curve continues.

Thats all lovely but how can you disagree with the point that we managed to keep up with them last season? We finished above them..

Thats all lovely but how can you disagree with the point that we managed to keep up with them last season? We finished above them..

Already acknowledged that above.

Hardly a news flash on your part.....

I disagree because i think, as expressed, it was a null argument.

We can talk all day about city and psg spending billions but the reality is Leister city have won while we keep squandering for the 3rd year now.

We can talk all day about city and psg spending billions but the reality is Leister city have won while we keep squandering for the 3rd year now.

Squandering?

It's not our to lose. Nor was it in the prev. two seasons.

Would it be netter if I used waste instead? It never going be ours to loose if we keep this up

Keep what up? U suggesting the reason we likely wont win the league this year is the same as why we didn't in the last 2?

If so what is this common factor?

Back
Top Bottom