Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So, I think I've just about come back down to earth. I've spent the day watching various clips on YouTube and reliving last night. And what a night!!
First things first, really good to meet up with so many fellow TFCers before the game, good to meet the real person behind the avatar and I really enjoyed your company.
I went to the Coach and Horses before the game, for a swift V&T. It was packed, but not as busy as the Bricklayers- the queue was enormous. But the queue outside the Chick King was three times as long (heard that it was closing down!).
I was in the ground before all the shenanigans started on the High Road, so missed the fun and games but I've watched all the footage :)
My heart sank when I heard that Cuti was injured, but Davy did a sterling job, considering he hasn't had much playing time.
Although I initially thought the tifo was a bit naff, it turned out pretty spectacular and it considerably added to the atmosphere. Talking of atmosphere - last night's was the best I've experienced at the new stadium by a country mile, it was electric, and the noise was coming from all directions, well apart from the north east corner ;). In fact, we spent most of the game standing, which has never happened before.
I noticed that the 3 guys sitting next to me in the Premium section were sitting very quietly, so I asked if they were goons, they said they were Spurs - who were they trying to kid? My suspicions were correct, as they left with 20 minutes to go, like a lot of their supporters:)
Not going to micro-analyse tactics, that's not what gets me excited, but apart from the first five minutes or so, they never really bothered us.
Obviously, their only tactic was to kick Sonny to pieces and for once, the ref did his job correctly.
That was the first time I've sung 'he's one of our own' to H, but I've nearly forgiven him, let's see what he does this summer.
Partying in the Shelf Bar after the game was nearly as enjoyable as the game. Some people might say we haven't achieved anything, but the feeling we all experienced last night doesn't happen very often, so you have to make the most of it, whenever you can.
I'm not going to say anything about Arteta's interview that hasn't already been said...... apart from what a tool, he makes Klippity look classy.
Now let's hope we don't mess up against Burnley and Norwich and let them off the hook!
So proud of each and every one of them last night.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, this is it, this is the one.
I’ve been to many NLD’s but I cannot remember too many more important than this one..

The pressure is massive but I feel our players are more hardened than in previous years. This Woolwich side is a team full of Fairies. I have never seen a team scream so much or roll around and try to cheat the ref. They will not enjoy the atmosphere.

We can do this and we the fans will be the 12th man..
They have cried about having to run the gauntlet up seven sisters road but that was nothing, you wait until Thursday..

BE PREPARED FOR HELL WOOLWICH, BE PREPARED FOR HELL.

Last edited:
FSlcKWxWQAADXh7

:contetellmemore:

Was my first North London derby. An incredible atmosphere that I'll never forget. I don't think anyone in the ground sat down. The two sons were amazed. They were Tottenham through and through before but that's forever seared the club into their life. Every single person in that crowd should be proud of themselves.

What a night that was. It was just like the old days.
The atmosphere before the game was amazing and like we haven’t seen for a long time. I have never seen such a scared bunch of away fans. They were surrounded by double the amount of police, horses and followed up by a couple of riot vans and they were still whinging, an absolute embarrassment.
The atmosphere during the game was also first class, made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

It was such a big night but like I mentioned in the original match post, I was not a bit nervous and was only looking forward to smashing them, as their players are all bottlers and I knew they would not be able to handle the hostile atmosphere and that is exactly what happened. They froze like rabbits in the headlights and we absolutely smashed the granny out of them which I feel they will carry into Monday night’s game at Newcastle.

As a spurs fan it would be normal and expected to say their fans were poor but oh my god how shit and embarrassing they were. Never heard a peep out of them and many left with half an hour left, what an utter mess they were.

We proved last night that the weak underbelly has left this group of players and they knew what’s this game meant to them, the club and the fans..

An utter beautiful beautiful night.. COYS!!

I've not added mine yet as TFC's amateur videographer in the stands.
Here we go then. It's late but worth the wait!

This was fucking impressive. 10 mins before the game and the ground was only 85% full. Listen to that sound!

Tifo entering the pitch.

Team announcements, wait for the ending of this video :

Kane penalty, I may have gone a bit mad on this one. Mind your ears.

This one is probably my favourite. Never seen the posh lot in the west stand get up and sing like this before. Also holding first yellow card here.

Any of you south standers want to know how you sound from the rest of the ground then listen to this, the back end of the video really transcends the noise from the south stand here:

I said it at halftime, I was really proud to be in that number. Its evidence that we can make this new ground a fortress and a place that teams fear coming to. If we are to achieve big things we will need to do that, as supporters we have that influence and role to play.

Enjoy the videos for anyone who was unable to get there, it really was louder than the videos could capture but it's better than the dampened version from the TV coverage.

I'm off to rewatch the game which I haven't done yet!

COYS! 💪

I wish it was Friday!
I’m so glad it’s not Friday. I’d be on a plane back home.
As childish as it is, I saw an unattended Woolwich towel draped over a sun lounger on the beach right close to the waters edge. . Last seen floating off out into the Atlantic. 🤷‍♂️
Got my spot booked in the bar for 7pm Thursday night.
Many pints will be helped alomg their way for this one.

Back
Top Bottom