Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have to admit the quality of football wasn't great, and TBH I wasn't expecting it to be.
However I would always cheer on any team that wore the shirt and I did just that when we scored both goals.
A much needed boost to my mood after yesterday's debacle.
Now, how do we get tickets for the final?
London Football GIF by Tottenham Hotspur

Still haven't seen them yet. Was going end of the season to a game at Cheshunt (think it was on their cup run) but it was raining and just couldn't get up for it. So still not in my habits yet as a football fan, yet alone a Spurs fan. But maybe their results this season will get me along to glory hunt.

I do one game a season. Lewes away. Done 5 years in a row now. We won 6-1 this time.

I like it that at the end of the huddle they give it a loud 1-2-3 YIDS! Love it if the men did that!

It is easy to laugh at the women's game, but my friends two daughters play competitively and their League is full of girls who have become great team players.
This, when they could have so easily taken the wrong road or become Kardashian clones. For those reasons alone the Women's game should be supported.
A football dressing room is one of life's great educators.

Just got back from the ladies game at the Dripping Pan. Entrance gone up to £8 from £3 since they started paying them the same as the men.

Spurs won 3-1 from going a goal down early on. Crowd was an impressive 714!

Jessica Nazz (I'm guessing the amount of Zs needed) of Spurs was the star player.

Excellent day out.

Think it was about 24000, very respectable for a womens match. It was an away match.

Very good turn out for the women’s game and the attendances are going up every season. I can remember when Chelsea were regularly averaging half that number and that’s the men!

Stupid decision to have them play at the same time as the men's , how to they expect them to get a decent following while they do that ?

Went along to the Women's NLD yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it, a few hairy moments just like the mens team so felt right at home!

Only gripe is catering didn't seem to be able to cope without huge queues but that's not like it was an important part of the day. We'll definitely be back for more WSL games in the future

Why would we open a 63,000 seat stadium for 1,800 fans to come to a game?

FYI - highest attendance 4,681 and lowest - all of 557. We have more staff at mens games.

No one cares. The idea it's competing with mens football on any level is sad.
I saw one news outlet actually suggest a woman was close to breaking Rooney's scoring record for England before Kane. For fuck sake. This kind of journalism is shockingly embarassing.

It's a different fucking sport ffs.

We opened a 63,000 seat stadium for the women's North London Derby and set a WSL record attendance - with the right promotion.

38,262 turned up - which is more than any of our men's Conference League fixtures.
31,213 turned up for City vs United at the Etihad
24,564 turned up for Chelsea vs Spurs at Stamford Bridge.

As for all time women's attendance records set;

Barcelona vs Real Madrid (2022)
Camp Nou, Barcelona
USWNT vs China (1999)
Rose Bowl, California
USWNT vs Japan (2012)
Wembley, London
England vs Germany (2019)
Wembley, London
Atletico Madrid vs Barcelona (2019)
Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid

Here's an article that might shock you from just 2 days ago;

That's correct. All of England's games and the final at Wembley have sold out.
87,200 at Wembley. 73,200 at Old Trafford.

Unfortunately Spurs ladies have dropped off the pace for Champions League recently but had we made it I would still maintain that I would like to have seen our fixtures in the competition hosted at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

You might not like women, women playing football or watching women playing football - but fortunately you don't speak for everyone.

Going to sort taking youngest grand daughter (7) to a game or two this year.

I’ll make Her a yid wether she likes it or not.
i got her the away kit (Kane on the back).

anyway she came over last week and shouted Woolwich (her cousin, not my side is a little older, a little thicker and a gooner). So I explained. All the shit I get you, I get you cos im your grand dad. I’m sorry but if you’re a gooner I can’t be your grand dad but I’ll find you another grand dad . Now she knows I’m fucking about. However next time over she in the spurs kit.
im thinking of booking her in for a tattoo next week.

Back
Top Bottom