Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2-2 Full time after trailing twice.
Lost 5-4 on pens.
Alex Morgan missing the final Spurs penalty.
Getting better, when I saw they scored an early goal thought they would get battered.

Has Morgan been a bit of a flop? I've not followed the women's football as much as I thought I would have.
Only made 3 appearances and only 1 start which was the game at the weekend

Brutal. But I don't really follow so I've no idea whether right call or not. I am aware we've not won a game yet, I think?

The club have invested a lot into the playing staff. I suppose their patience ran out.

The coaches did well to get the club to where they are but I think they are a bit out of their depth. Shame.

One exactly after poch apparently :levyeyes:
Just double-checked the league table Played 7 won 0 drawn 3.

Sit one place above relegation zone (only 12 teams in the league and 1 team relegated, so assume it's halfway through) and the team below us has a game in hand.

We've spent money on this team and they have the best training facilities in the World (they train at Hotspur Way unlike many other women teams who don't utilize the main facilities).

Glad they signed new deals, which reflected the brilliant work they did in turning us from an amateur team into a professional one. Also protects them financially I should imagine. But the gulf between us and the best teams is huge and I guess that's showing this season in the difference in coaches too???

Sit one place above relegation zone (only 12 teams in the league and 1 team relegated, so assume it's halfway through) and the team below us has a game in hand.

We've spent money on this team and they have the best training facilities in the World (they train at Hotspur Way unlike many other women teams who don't utilize the main facilities).

Glad they signed new deals, which reflected the brilliant work they did in turning us from an amateur team into a professional one. But the gulf between us and the best teams is huge and I guess that's showing this season in the difference in coaches too???
Yeah probably right , maybe poch can take over part time :pochshock2:

Quite cut throat as they guided us (bumpily granted) to the top flight but Iโ€™d think contracting Morgan would indicate that weโ€™re raising our profile. Itโ€™s like having Alan Pardew in charge after signing Ronaldo (donโ€™t bother to @ me, we all saw the mess he made with Tevez and Mascherano)

Glad they signed new deals, which reflected the brilliant work they did in turning us from an amateur team into a professional one. Also protects them financially I should imagine. But the gulf between us and the best teams is huge and I guess that's showing this season in the difference in coaches too??
I understand that these decisions aren't snap, and that the league form has been poor. I just wonder though whether if Alex Morgan, world superstar, had buried her pen and we had gone on to win last night whether they would have got a stay of execution? Then who knows what happens (Alex Ferguson etc.)

I understand that these decisions aren't snap, and that the league form has been poor. I just wonder though whether if Alex Morgan, world superstar, had buried her pen and we had gone on to win last night whether they would have got a stay of execution? Then who knows what happens (Alex Ferguson etc.)
Complete guess, but I tend to think that they would have still gone. A cup run would have no bearing on whether they are deemed at the required level or not, the league position is the barometer how they are doing (always with context, so wouldn't for one min think Spurs have expectations of top 5, I guess it's to establish it's self in the division, but to be in a certain relegation battle is well below expectation).

Back
Top Bottom