Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also, they will have to go full time.In the lower leagues a lot of players have other jobs as well.
I think this might also be a factor for some of the players who have been let go. The wages are very low and if you've got a decent job (emergency services, teacher etc) financially your probably better off staying semi pro and keeping your day job.
Happens quite frequently in the men's game too only now it's much lower down the pyramid - most of the National league are pro as are half a dozen teams in the National North.

I would want them to win but doubt I would go and watch them. I can't say that I enjoy watching the women's game, TBH.
I watched the last 20 minutes or so of the England v USA game the other day. I was equally impressed at some of the skill as I was dismayed at some of the basic lack of control. The standard is definitely improving though. I wouldn’t mind getting behind a women’s team. Following football is as much about the highs and lows as it is appreciating the talent on display to me.

I suppose that’s why I’m not a fervent England fan It’s difficult to get emotionally involved in a team that has so few meaningful games. And my nationalistic side only shows itself during tournaments.

Even then I draw the line at car flags. Never do car flags.

Thrilled for the ladies confirmed for the Tottenham Hotspur Women squad for next season. It's easy to forget that by being promoted to the WSL, those kept on get to sign their first professional contracts - so much more significant than, say, the jump from Championship to Premier League.

Bit gutted not to see Sarah Wiltshire included in that list - she is Spurs through and through, and has always looked ace when I've seen highlights. I'd imagine there are more to be announced though, so fingers crossed she made the cut.

Thrilled for the ladies confirmed for the Tottenham Hotspur Women squad for next season. It's easy to forget that by being promoted to the WSL, those kept on get to sign their first professional contracts - so much more significant than, say, the jump from Championship to Premier League.

Bit gutted not to see Sarah Wiltshire included in that list - she is Spurs through and through, and has always looked ace when I've seen highlights. I'd imagine there are more to be announced though, so fingers crossed she made the cut.

Same with Bianca Baptiste and Rene Hector. I first went to a Spurs ladies game in 2013. And went to one game a season thereafter.

I think only 3 of the originals are still in the current squad.

As mentioned above, some if them probably can't afford to take the pay cut to play full time. I know BB has her own personal training business based in E &C.

Good luck to them next season. Will not be easy.

Same with Bianca Baptiste and Rene Hector. I first went to a Spurs ladies game in 2013. And went to one game a season thereafter.

I think only 3 of the originals are still in the current squad.

As mentioned above, some if them probably can't afford to take the pay cut to play full time. I know BB has her own personal training business based in E &C.

Good luck to them next season. Will not be easy.
Indeed. Very much an avoid relegation at all costs season.

Looking at it now, it seems the announcement of 'keeping 11 players from last year' is it. Shame for those we mentioned that missed out - but like you said, there are a plethora of reasons they might have left.

I always wonder why a team like Spurs doesn't heavily financially dope the women's team - are their rules governing that? I know West Ham flogged players because their ladies team lost only 500k.

WSL opener at the Bridge
@SpursOfficial
Mon 08 July 2019, 14:41|Tottenham Hotspur
Copied to clipboard

It has been confirmed that our inaugural Barclays Women’s Super League (WSL) fixture against Chelsea will take place at Stamford Bridge on Sunday 8 September.
Kick-off will be at 12.30pm, with ticket details for Spurs supporters to follow in due course.
Initial fixture details for the opening round of matches in the 2019/20 season were revealed last week.
The full fixture list is set to be announced on Wednesday – keep an eye on Club channels for full details.

I caught myself referring to the women’s team as “us” the other day, so to me they must be doing something right.

They’ll do well to stay up. Not sure how much the club is investing compared to others, but if they are run on similar principles to the men’s then it could be a long season.

Back
Top Bottom