Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I watched today for the first time and it was good entertainment. Chelsea were fitter and stronger, the last 10 minutes we were backs to the wall defending.
If we had a real goalscorer we would have won. We should have raided the Swedish league in the summer, Lina Hurtig and/or Stina Blackstenius. Both were good in the World Cup.

Rome wasn’t built in a day ( and all that); at least game No1. wasn’t a humiliation!

I went (and result aside) enjoyed it...
Better atmosphere at times in our away end than at some of our mens games at Wembley and even at the new stadium I've been to.
The lines of about 30 stewards I had to walk past and through on my own to get through the turnstile was overkill/quite amusing... You crazy dudes mumbling Chelsea... Chelsea at me! Bet they're fun at parties...
Sadly about a third empty but at times we sang them out of their place...
Shall we sing a song for you...
You're supposed to be at home...
Is this The Emirates...?
Didn't matter that I didn't know the players.
To quote Mark E. Smith...
"If it's me and yer granny on bongos, it's The Fall."
COYS!

Free tickets - it should have been a sellout; after all who’s at church on Sundays anymore. :sonhmm:

They made a good point on the Totally Football Show that by giving tickets away, people with tickets are less likely to turn up (they don't lose anything by doing so) than if they've paid for a ticket, even if the cost of the ticket is only a few quid. This probably explains the higher crowd for the Manchester derby compared to the crowd at Stamford Bridge

They made a good point on the Totally Football Show that by giving tickets away, people with tickets are less likely to turn up (they don't lose anything by doing so) than if they've paid for a ticket, even if the cost of the ticket is only a few quid. This probably explains the higher crowd for the Manchester derby compared to the crowd at Stamford Bridge
Makes sense. Better to sell the tickets at a lower price than just giving them away.

Putting together a affordable family package would probably be a good idea as well.

Yeah, that's exactly what City did. Makes very good sense to get a family of 4 in for say £10-£15, where hopefully the kids get hooked and want to go to more games, spend money on merch etc.

I'd expect Levy to be all over that at some point
if the prices are right women's football could fill the football void for the youth and families that are getting priced out of the Premier League fairly well.

Our women play at Brentford's stadium I think? (derbies I guess at the New Lane). But surely there will be a proper stadium for them in the pipeline if the game keeps expanding. A decent 10k seater would probably do well. But that is of course me thinking ahead of schedule.

Think the womens game has room to grow. They may not be as good as a non league mens team. But they try to play the game in the right way and its much more pleasing on the eye.

If the games are cheap, say a tenner. Then families will go.

Not many people could afford to take a family to WHL regularly. The mens game is pricing everyone but old wealthy people out.
My brother is taking both his daughters to England v Germany, and its cost £20

Got the win, don't know if I could watch that every week. Liverpool were dreadful and our final third play wasn't great either...

Back
Top Bottom