Tottenham Hotspur Women

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you think I watch football for the good looking men, I give you Wayne Rooney, the Neville brothers, Ian Dowie, Martin Keown, Charlie George, and that's just off the top of my head. For every Ginola, there was a dozen Ray Parlours.

Can't say that the women's game does anything for me, find it at a level of watching children play. Obviously I would always want our girls to win, but definitely wouldn't spend an hour and half watching a game.

PS - I had no idea who Alex Morgan was until we signed her - if she's that good, why didn't she play???
Hasn’t played for over a year been injured and has a had a baby..........

like that’s a big deal.......... :levyeyes:

only joking:sonpoint:

I think the coaches slipped up big time by not giving Alex Morgan some time towards the end of the game. Morgan might not be fighting fit but surely she could have put in ten minutes or so which might have inspired our team to pull something out of the bag.
But most importantly it would have been a big boost for women’s football in this country as the game was occupying a major spot on a major UK television channel and the audience were all in anticipation of seeing one of the worlds stars of women’s golf.

If you think I watch football for the good looking men, I give you Wayne Rooney, the Neville brothers, Ian Dowie, Martin Keown, Charlie George, and that's just off the top of my head. For every Ginola, there was a dozen Ray Parlours.

Can't say that the women's game does anything for me, find it at a level of watching children play. Obviously I would always want our girls to win, but definitely wouldn't spend an hour and half watching a game.

PS - I had no idea who Alex Morgan was until we signed her - if she's that good, why didn't she play???

I deliberately used the phrase "a lot of"

Personally i think that success for Spurs Women has come at the cost of its 'local' feel. Inevitable but sad. When i first started watching watching them (2012 i think) all the girls came from the local area and were predominantly BAME. I think Spurs only have the keeper and Jessica Naz that aren't white now.

I had no idea who she was until I saw her Sports Illustrated cover and now I am an avid supporter of football for women, a champion of it actually.

They should play in bikinis. I'd watch it then. As would many others.

You're Sep Blatter, aren't you? Got you sussed mate.

giphy.gif

Tottenham Hotspur Women fan organisation
Since winning promotion to the FA Women’s Super League and subsequent integration into the main Club at the close of the 2018-19 season, Spurs Women has grown from strength to strength on the pitch culminating in the loan signing of US superstar, Alex Morgan, during the recent transfer window.

With interest in the Women’s team and match attendances on the rise, it’s also time for fans to organise themselves. Many of the key decisions that will shape the future of the Women’s game are yet to be taken and there is an opportunity to make sure fans’ voices are heard and fans' views are included in that decision-making process far earlier than they ever were in the Men’s game.

The Football Supporters’ Association is busy creating a network of fan groups for the Women’s game at a national level and we want Spurs fans to play their part. To this end, THST Co-chair Katrina Law and THST Secretary Pete Haine have formed a Steering Group along with the founders of the THW Supporters Club and members of the Proud Lilywhites’ committee to explore constitutional options for a new, independent, democratic fan organisation for Tottenham Hotspur Women.

The Steering Group has also opened dialogue with Club staff around ticketing, merchandising, branding, communications, infrastructure and investment with the aim of embedding a structured dialogue process similar to the agreement in place between THST and THFC.

We’ll keep readers updated on progress via our newsletters and social media feeds. Fans interested in volunteering time and expertise to a formal Women’s supporter organisation should contact [email protected] in the first instance and we’ll share with the Steering Group.

Back
Top Bottom