Tottenham podcasts

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Theres loads of them but i only listen to the TFC might give this a listen though. From the atheltic.

I'm gonna give it a go, but having listened to the trailer I got really irritated by Jack Pitt-Brooke's voice, so it doesn't bode all that well.

I listen to a lot of general football podcasts, and see The Athletic have just brought out a couple of them alongside their new club specific ones. I'll likely them out, but I'm already listening to all the Football Ramble Weekly, Totally Football and Guardian Football Weekly pods, so gonna have to have a cull of some of my subscriptions at some stage

Gave up all pods about a year ago...just before we went to shit...

Gave the new one a go, had to give up after a few minutes...just seems a bit too vanilla...

Theres loads of them but i only listen to the TFC might give this a listen though. From the atheltic.

Listened to this on route to the game yesterday, it's very good! Kay-Jelski and James Maw (Spurs fans) are also very good. I Highly recommend this.

Spurs Pods I listen to are:
The Extra Inch (Tactical/Analytical spin-off from the Fighting Cock)
And now this one.

Others just tend to great on me, all a bit fanboy, turning opinion into fact etc..

I think there is a huge gap in the market.

I love professional wrestling and the podcasts in that genre are so much more varied and slicker than anything I've heard about spurs.

There is one I love called something to wrestle in which a fella who worked for the wwe for 30 odd years talks about certain events. It helps that he can do impressions and stuff but why not something like that for spurs?

Imagine flav interviewed ex players about certain games. For example you could talk to Gary Mabbutt about the 87 cup final. But you wouldn't just talk about the game, it could be about the whole cup run, I'm sure there are some stories that we havent heard.

We really should be getting ex players into podcasting.

Imagine flav interviewed ex players about certain games. For example you could talk to Gary Mabbutt about the 87 cup final. But you wouldn't just talk about the game, it could be about the whole cup run, I'm sure there are some stories that we havent heard.

We really should be getting ex players into podcasting.
The Spurs Show do a lot of live shows were they interview club legends...

The Spurs Show do a lot of live shows were they interview club legends...

Yes I've heard them and their ok but well I guess you would have to listen to something to wrestle to get my point.

Say you persuaded steve Perryman to do a podcast. You would pick certain games or people he worked with and do episodes on them. The host would have to be prepared so use newspaper articles from the time to create conversation but if done well it can be incredibly entertaining and insightful

Not listened to the Spurs Show in years. I stopped when I realised it was just a bunch of old moaning white men with fairly shit knowledge of Spurs or football in general.
I should probably give it a listen then!

I listen to whichever one's pop up in TFC alerts. They seem to have a decent mix of jovial folk.

A lot of the stuff you used to skip listening to has now moved to the No Holds Barred pod that's available on the TFC Patreon subscription service. The main pod has a lot less of the stuff you probably didn't like now

is this still going, I can’t seem to find it anywhere ( no holds barred)

Find I'm getting a bit burnt out with many podcasts of late, same to with Spurs specific ones also.

But a few months ago I came across this pod, it's bloody excellent. Very measured, no mass hysteria and fake rants. A couple of disagreements about players but well structured and reasoned arguments, basically I thoroughly recommend (I haven't listened to any since Christmas, so need to do a bit of catching up).

So I'm now dipping in and out of just 3 Spurs specific ones (in order)
1. The game's about Glory
2. The Extra Inch
3. A view from the Lane

Back
Top Bottom