Tottenham Salaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Gazza, but £20k just to sit on his gorgeous bottom most weekends isn't a bad deal!
I would have thought as next in line to our Captain and World Cup winning goalkeeper he would have been on much more of a 'sweetener' than £20k. On that sort of salary he has got to be within the sights of any Premier league side looking for a new number one. Personally I rate him extremely highly and never have any worries when he stands between the posts for us.
As for his 'gorgeous bottom' I shall take your word on that subject Mrs.P. :thumbup:

I would have thought as next in line to our Captain and World Cup winning goalkeeper he would have been on much more of a 'sweetener' than £20k. On that sort of salary he has got to be within the sights of any Premier league side looking for a new number one. Personally I rate him extremely highly and never have any worries when he stands between the posts for us.
As for his 'gorgeous bottom' I shall take your word on that subject Mrs.P. :thumbup:

When we bought him, it was as a 3rd choice keeper, and he really had not played very well in limited opportunities at Southampton (which is why he only cost 1 million pounds). 20K pounds a week sounds more than generous for that contract. He's got 3 more years to run so I suspect in the next year or so he'll sign a new contract for a higher amount. But it won't be that high--GKs are usually one of the least valued members of the team in terms of wages.

When we bought him, it was as a 3rd choice keeper, and he really had not played very well in limited opportunities at Southampton (which is why he only cost 1 million pounds). 20K pounds a week sounds more than generous for that contract. He's got 3 more years to run so I suspect in the next year or so he'll sign a new contract for a higher amount. But it won't be that high--GKs are usually one of the least valued members of the team in terms of wages.
I agree that number two goalkeepers are not very highly paid but the majority of top Premier League goalkeepers now earn enormous sums although Moraes at City surprised me on just £65k.
Becker £90k ,Lloris £100k ,De Gea £375k, Schmeichel £130k, Leno £100k, Kepa £150k, Pickford £100k.
A long term injury to Lloris (God forbid) and £20k a week seems chicken feed for someone trying to keep us battling at the top of the table. I'd definitely be looking at his contract now, just in case :thumbup:

How about the championship and lower leagues!
Totally agree but the Premier really is a David and Goliath situation. Man City announced today as being the first football team with a squad valued at One billion Euros compare that to Watford at just 240 million Euros. It's staggering.

Totally agree but the Premier really is a David and Goliath situation. Man City announced today as being the first football team with a squad valued at One billion Euros compare that to Watford at just 240 million Euros. It's staggering.
all that football related money in that squad. incredible ;)

Anyone surprised that Son is on a higher salary than Alli £140k to £100k ?? I honestly thought they would have been on the same.
Gazzaniga on just £20k ...if I was him I'd definitely be knocking on Poch's door asking for a rise.
considering that the most reliable journalists when it comes to Spurs have reported that Alli and Son are higher figures than those posted here I would say that the numbers are well...Fabricated.

I agree that number two goalkeepers are not very highly paid but the majority of top Premier League goalkeepers now earn enormous sums although Moraes at City surprised me on just £65k.
Becker £90k ,Lloris £100k ,De Gea £375k, Schmeichel £130k, Leno £100k, Kepa £150k, Pickford £100k.
A long term injury to Lloris (God forbid) and £20k a week seems chicken feed for someone trying to keep us battling at the top of the table. I'd definitely be looking at his contract now, just in case :thumbup:

I think as he approaches the 2 years left on his contract mark (which is in a year), we'll sign him to a new contract. He really doesn't have any bargaining power in his position, and if we offer him a significant raise, I don't think he's going to be willing to turn down the extra money for the last 2 years of his contract so he can go on a free. He's just not good enough (or not known for being good enough) to think he could get a lot more on the open market than we are going to offer him.

In other words, it's not an Eriksen situation or even a Toby situation.

I think as he approaches the 2 years left on his contract mark (which is in a year), we'll sign him to a new contract. He really doesn't have any bargaining power in his position, and if we offer him a significant raise, I don't think he's going to be willing to turn down the extra money for the last 2 years of his contract so he can go on a free. He's just not good enough (or not known for being good enough) to think he could get a lot more on the open market than we are going to offer him.

In other words, it's not an Eriksen situation or even a Toby situation.

It is probably reflective now of the modern game that a team really does have eleven 'players' and not just ten and a goalkeeper. It cost Hart his job at City because Pep thought he couldn't adapt to playing it out from the back as most clubs seem to do. The man between the posts is now regarded as an integral part of beginning an attacking move rather than just someone who 'lumps it up the field' and crosses his fingers. Hence the attractive salaries of the top ones.
This is an aspect of Hugo's game that worries me a lot. I just don't think that style of movement sits comfortably with him either and my heart is in my mouth whenever he receives a back pass. He looks nervous and unsure what to do. I don't have that concern whenever Gazza plays. It's something Poch needs to address otherwise it will cost us dearly one day, as it nearly did at Woolwich.

Last edited:
My best mate works in the accounts dept of one of the championship clubs who was in the prem a couple of years back.

He has always told me that all the reported salaries are complete nonsense since there are so many factors that make up the deal. Clubs have a standard contract and then a number of variance clauses. Players can earn far less; or far more than is their 'basic' salary.

1. Appearance bonus (to protect against long term injured players). e.g. play 20+ games get xx bonus
2. Most forwards have a goal bonus (some also include 'assists')
3. Cup progress - bonus for progress in competitions
4. Image rights - a lot has been written about this. Often can account for 25% of their pay.

and don't forget - THE BLOODY AGENTS/MANAGERS/HANGERS ON!!! Those guys on 300k a week sure aren't seeing that. I bet at least 1/3rd of that is going to the leaches who negotiated the deal.

Rest assured, Eriksen will not be getting 'only' 75k a week. He plays pretty much every game and set ups nearly all of our goals.

Where are you going with this?

LoL.

Its not like clubs only pay big money to players who've already won something. Modric and Bale had won fuck all when Real Madrid bought them and paid them the big money.

The point is that Spurs might have paid Eriksen the big money had he taken a few corners that led to goals that led to Spurs beating the mighty Leicester to the PL.

Has anyone considered that our players have won NOTHING.

Yet Eriksen should be paid the same as DeBruyne?
Who gives a fuck if he gets 400k a week at Real, we’re not them.

The point is that Spurs might have paid Eriksen the big money had he taken a few corners that led to goals that led to Spurs beating the mighty Leicester to the PL.

Has anyone considered that our players have won NOTHING.

Yet Eriksen should be paid the same as DeBruyne?
Who gives a fuck if he gets 400k a week at Real, we’re not them.

ahem ...... ***** AUDI CUP CHAMPIONS 2019 ******

Back
Top Bottom