Tottenham Salaries

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not even saying he should be on 200k now, I'm simply saying he should get a lot more than Lamela and Sissoko. Sissoko arrived in 2016, his pay should have risen from time.

This is all of course assuming that the salaries are correct, which they are probably not.

In order for his pay to rise, he needs to re negotiate his contract, which he has refused.
What don’t you get?

I mean it's irrelevant that they're making millions when we're not speaking about the number of 100 pound notes but the salaries in their context, compared to what comparable level of professionals in their fields are making, in which case they're well, well below the market.
If someone starts comparing it to what a normal person earns, then there's no point debating it with them.

You're missing the point I made, it should have been renegotiated much earlier in 2016 when Sissoko arrived.

It was renegotiated in 2016, that was when he signed his current deal and at the time that made him one of the highest paid players. He has been offered significantly better deals since then (I've heard rumours in the region of £150-200k a week), but he's chosen not to renegotiate with the club.

Thats possibly true. In my opinion, they are thinking they have missed out on bigger wages and if they run their contract down and go on free, they will get millions just in signing on bonus and a much bigger wage which will even out with how much other players have been getting at other clubs.
I kind of read it the same, like they have been under paid for years so are looking to get back what they are owed.

You mean the same year he signed a new contract and agreed to his current wages?

You mean we should have told him not to accept the deal?
It's not hard to understand, as soon as Sissoko came in on 80,000 a week, we should have renegotiated a new contract straight away.

It was renegotiated in 2016, that was when he signed his current deal and at the time that made him one of the highest paid players. He has been offered significantly better deals since then (I've heard rumours in the region of £150-200k a week), but he's chosen not to renegotiate with the club.
But Sissoko came in on higher wagers that would have stung the shit out of him. This is not just about the money anyway, he's looking for a top club in Spain.

It's not hard to understand, as soon as Sissoko came in on 80,000 a week, we should have renegotiated a new contract straight away.
He doesn’t want to take what’s offered.

Eriksen has to agree.

THFC can’t just renegotiate on their own.
Do you realise that Eriksen won’t sign to anything offered in the numerous talks he’s had over the last couple of years.

What is that you don’t get.

THFC HAVE negotiated a new deal earlier than now.
He hasn’t accepted the terms.

Is that confusing to you? Do you have trouble accepting that Eriksen is responsible for the decisions he makes?

He doesn’t want to take what’s offered.

Eriksen has to agree.

THFC can’t just renegotiate on their own.
Do you realise that Eriksen won’t sign to anything offered in the numerous talks he’s had over the last couple of years.

What is that you don’t get.

THFC HAVE negotiated a new deal earlier than now.
He hasn’t accepted the terms.

Is that confusing to you? Do you have trouble accepting that Eriksen is responsible for the decisions he makes?
It's confusing to me, that you don't understand what I said, even though I've said it several times. As soon as Sissoko came to the club his deal should have been negotiated from that time. Whatever happens now I won't blame him, he's been a loyal servant to the club.

But Sissoko came in on higher wagers that would have stung the shit out of him. This is not just about the money anyway, he's looking for a top club in Spain.

Why would it have stung the shot out of him?
Each and every contract is different so there are probably things like bonuses in play that would effect the players actual earnings. If he was really worried about Sissoko earning more (which I doubt he was), he could have chosen not to sign as Sissoko actually penned his deal first. I suspect that like most people though he really doesn't give a fuck about what others earn and just wanted the deal that suited him.

It's confusing to me, that you don't understand what I said, even though I've said it several times. As soon as Sissoko came to the club his deal should have been negotiated from that time. Whatever happens now I won't blame him, he's been a loyal servant to the club.

Listen to me very carefully.

Sissoko joined in AUGUST 2016.

Eriksen signed his new contract extension in SEPTEMBER 2016.

He agreed to his wages and terms AFTER Sissoko joined the club.

Move the fuck on

Why would it have stung the shot out of him?
Each and every contract is different so there are probably things like bonuses in play that would effect the players actual earnings. If he was really worried about Sissoko earning more (which I doubt he was), he could have chosen not to sign as Sissoko actually penned his deal first. I suspect that like most people though he really doesn't give a fuck about what others earn and just wanted the deal that suited him.
Because Sissoko is getting 80,000 a week. I think anyone in the same profession as their colleague doing a much better job, would be pissed to find that they get less that what they do. He has an agent, I'm sure if the agent knew what Sissoko was getting he wouldn't have signed.

Because Sissoko is getting 80,000 a week. I think anyone in the same profession as their colleague doing a much better job, would be pissed to find that they get less that what they do. He has an agent, I'm sure if the agent knew what Sissoko was getting he wouldn't have signed.

So Spurs should have ripped up his contract in September after negotiating a new 4 year deal that he was happy with and told his agent Sissoko was on more, so they could then go back to the table and sign another contract?

How do you know Eriksen wasn’t aware of Sissokos wages?
If Eriksen was offered 180k in 2018, and turned it down, why the fuck should it make a difference that we “didnt do it earlier”

You are taking guess work as facts. Here’s the facts.

Eriksen agreed to his wages.
Eriksen has refused a pay rise.

Nothing else is relevant

Listen to me very carefully.

Sissoko joined in AUGUST 2016.

Eriksen signed his new contract extension in SEPTEMBER 2016.

He agreed to his wages and terms AFTER Sissoko joined the club.

Move the fuck on
That still doesn't mean he was happy to take less than Sissoko or that he even knew what Sissoko was getting.

That still doesn't mean he was happy to take less than Sissoko or that he even knew what Sissoko was getting.

Then he shouldn’t have signed and left the club to get paid what he wanted somewhere else.

So it’s his fault if he signed a contract he wasn’t happy with. In fact, it just makes him a moron.

Back
Top Bottom