Tottenham (the area)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I will happily discuss it with you in a Pm without the cheerleaders.
Don't be scared. Have the minerals to finish what you started on a public forum at least.

If you made a sweeping statement in error, it's OK to admit to this, you may attract some funnies or even some likes for saying it.

If there are however specifics you are referring to then you owe it to those reading and engaging with you now some clarity. Because guess what, there are people on here right now who are from the area or have family and friends from the area that you are (without further clarification) calling scum.

Don't be scared. Have the minerals to finish what you started on a public forum at least.

If you made a sweeping statement in error, it's OK to admit to this, you may attract some funnies or even some likes for saying it.

If there are however specifics you are referring to then you owe it to those reading and engaging with you now some clarity. Because guess what, there are people on here right now who are from the area or have family and friends from the area that you are (without further clarification) calling scum.

If you like PM me, this faux outrage is all a bit much if you ask me.

No, are you going to ask for any other posts to be removed today or does this faux outrage only apply to myself and others that you feel are your detractors.
Its not faux its genuine fury. I have lived, worked and visted tottenham all my life. Played football as a kid on the Lordship Rec drank in its Pubs. I think its is fucking outrageous for a tottenham fan living in spain to post on a tottenham Forum that the tottenham area is "full of scum" and then to play games around what he meant. I know what you meant and everone else is tired of your toxic bollocks.

I spent a lot of time during the original lockdown rediscovering Tottenham on a fair few of my daily walks. Some of the old buildings that i had forgot about[even though i walk past them a lot] was disgraceful. I came to the conclusion that Tottenham as a town is a beautiful old place that has had a lot of shit happen to it . You just have to look beyond the bad stuff, incredible hard at times, but possible.

I spent a lot of time during the original lockdown rediscovering Tottenham on a fair few of my daily walks. Some of the old buildings that i had forgot about[even though i walk past them a lot] was disgraceful. I came to the conclusion that Tottenham as a town is a beautiful old place that has had a lot of shit happen to it . You just have to look beyond the bad stuff, incredible hard at times, but possible.
Considering the gentrification of a significant amount of East London, I love these ''shitholes''. Gems.

Those that describe them as such are generally racially motivated and haven't stepped foot in them forever.

Same kind of mob that would step out the train station in Brixton and feel fear.

You go anywhere with good intentions yourself and you'll generally be met with the same in kind.

Considering the gentrification of a significant amount of East London, I love these ''shitholes''. Gems.

Those that describe them as such are generally racially motivated and haven't stepped foot in them forever.

Same kind of mob that would step out the train station in Brixton and feel fear.

You go anywhere with good intentions yourself and you'll generally be met with the same in kind.
Good points
I love the old buildings in the place ,The Whitbread brewery, the quakers house[where Tottenham Cakes were originally made],the old pump, the various old churches particularly All hallows, Tottenham Cemetery.
And many of the old pubs, the ones that are left. The partner of a friend has taken over the bluecoat pub, which use to be Pride of Tottenham. Hopefully she makes ago of it when we come out of this. That is a very historical building as well, which many didn't know about .Its the old Blue girls school.

Good points
I love the old buildings in the place ,The Whitbread brewery, the quakers house[where Tottenham Cakes were originally made],the old pump, the various old churches particularly All hallows, Tottenham Cemetery.
And many of the old pubs, the ones that are left. The partner of a friend has taken over the bluecoat pub, which use to be Pride of Tottenham. Hopefully she makes ago of it when we come out of this. That is a very historical building as well, which many didn't know about .Its the old Blue girls school.
Just googled it. Interesting shit.

How come she's taken it over during COVID?

Good points

I think it was in between the lockdowns.
To be fair, if she can hold her nerve its a money maker when normal crowds are allowed back.Its a decent pub, does a bit of grub as well.

That is good news, previous management were absolutely useless.

Back
Top Bottom