Tottenham v Anderlecht at The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is a me! Mauricio!

3c7e47dfb611042a5.jpg

The fact there is a website called "FACEinHOLE.com"....well you just have to say, "Well done internet. Well done."

Re: Dembele

So do you think this rise is more a result of him now being in a system that more suits him, or is it that Poch is driving him more in training to get forward and improving his confidence? Seems like it has taken him almost a season and a half to shake off AVB. Last year this time he'd be going backwards with every possession as if Villas-Boas was still on the touchline. Now with the whole team driving forward he is finding his form again.

Whatever it is, its fucking working.

COYS

...but it'd be nice if Ben Davies was. I must be one of the few on here who thinks he was well unlucky to be dropped for Rose. He was excellent tonight. A solid defender who's actually bothered to stop crosses coming in from his flank.
I think that Rose is the better wb, but going on form Davies definitely deserves a start against Woolwich

This team is really something, huh? Half a year ago once they scored that equaliser we would have imploded and gone on to lose 3-1

Well, just a couple of weeks ago we imploded and lost 2-1, and we looked likely to have that repeat itself yesterday for a while.

I still think we have to improve our focus/concentration against lesser teams. We keep letting them back into games if we take the lead.

I think that Rose is the better wb, but going on form Davies definitely deserves a start against Woolwich

I think Rose has the potential to be a decent wing back. his pace and drive down the flank is excellent, but his crossing/distribution is often poor. The problem for me is what happens when he's in his own half.

Re: Dembele

So do you think this rise is more a result of him now being in a system that more suits him, or is it that Poch is driving him more in training to get forward and improving his confidence? Seems like it has taken him almost a season and a half to shake off AVB. Last year this time he'd be going backwards with every possession as if Villas-Boas was still on the touchline. Now with the whole team driving forward he is finding his form again.

Whatever it is, its fucking working.

COYS

Better training, not carrying injuries, more movement around him, better coaching. That plus the fact that he's probably the most talented player we have means that if he keeps injury free he can become an absolute monster for us.

And, as long as Dier is in the team, he should be an AM (because we need one of our CMs to be a runner).

It's really nice that we basically have no deadwood now. Who is realistically going to go in the summer? Fazio and then maybe Townsend and Carroll? And actually looking at AT and TC as deadwood as unfair considering they are really just money made by our academy which is a really positive thing.

It's really nice to have a mostly balanced squad with no malcontents or bums. It feels like you can trust almost everyone to do a job.
Carroll?!

Are you ok mate?

faints.gif~c200

Fantastic win. Fantastic winner from Moose. Great to see the lad back in the team and brimming with confidence. Poch really is making this transformation look easy but he's had to work his bollocks off to get this team to where it is.

One comment that has been grinding at me since I heard it though.

Steve McManaman during half time analysis on BT Sport -

"Anderlecht have really pressed Spurs well in the first half and created a couple of good chances from it. To be honest it's something we tend to associate more with Liverpool"

Right. Ok.

Two things Steve.

One - No it isn't.

and Two - if you're looking for a good example of team pressing, THEY'RE PLAYING IN LILYWHITE RIGHT IN FUCKIN FRONT OF YOU.

"Pressing...something we tend to associate with Liverpool"

Klopp really has blinded these morons hasn't he.

:nawty:

Got the 3 points which was the most important thing, but there's no way we can play like this against Woolwich

Perfectly reasonable statement. Dembele's shot goes in - everyone's happy. Dembele hits the bar - cue wailing, and gnashing of teeth. Great result, but we need to up it for the scum.

Fantastic win. Fantastic winner from Moose. Great to see the lad back in the team and brimming with confidence. Poch really is making this transformation look easy but he's had to work his bollocks off to get this team to where it is.

One comment that has been grinding at me since I heard it though.

Steve McManaman during half time analysis on BT Sport -

"Anderlecht have really pressed Spurs well in the first half and created a couple of good chances from it. To be honest it's something we tend to associate more with Liverpool"

Right. Ok.

Two things Steve.

One - No it isn't.

and Two - if you're looking for a good example of team pressing, THEY'RE PLAYING IN LILYWHITE RIGHT IN FUCKIN FRONT OF YOU.

"Pressing...something we tend to associate with Liverpool"

Klopp really has blinded these morons hasn't he.

:nawty:

I really don't associate football analysis with BT

Owen, Savage,McManaman?

Cunts

:dembelefingers:

I really don't associate football analysis with BT

Owen, Savage,McManaman?

Cunts

:dembelefingers:
European Football Show is the best thing on TV. Richardson, Horncastle, Honigstein, Laurens.

Other than that it's Neville on MNF, and I'm warming to Danny Murphy on MOTD.

The rest can quite frankly fuck off.

Fletch & Sav
Michael Owen, Owen Hargreaves, Steve McManaman
MOTD2 with 'Chappers', Jermaine Jenas
Souness, Redknapp, Henry on Sky

How these people stay in their jobs is beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom