Tottenham v Barcelona (Next Gen) #1882TFC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Captain Jack said:
QPR fan here. I went tonight. Great atmosphere I must say & it was a good match aswell. Shame about the stewards behaviour. Also, it was strange to hear a final whistle go at Spurs without being followed by mass booing! See you all Sunday week :)

WE R QPR

Must have been nice for you to have experienced a decent sized crowd. LOL. COYS. By the way nice to see you last night> Lets do it again soon.

from what im hearing, it wouldnt hurt the club to collaborate with you mob and sort out the lower west for you. would be good for everyone, having noise from one of the quietest area's and a bit of competition for the park lane/shelf corner would be good. the players coming out to a bunch of nutters going , well, nuts again would be excellent for team morale, also, going in at half time after playing shit, only for the closest fans, the ones you see and hear as you go down the tunnel, still fanatically supporting you, horn giving.
tere might have to be some arrangement regarding stewarding and standing, this is a fucker, because the club have to be cunts or they could get their safety certificate revoked, in this instance, dont blame the player [spurs] blame the game.

edit, well played again last night.

Leroy said:
I'm fucking ruined, really would rather not be working right now.

Took about 3 hours to get home, mission.

Great to meet/see all you again, too many names to mention individually, but be safe in the knowledge you're all fit and last night was quality.

Even the over zealous stewards couldn't dampen the night, one came up to my face and told me to sit down and then a copper did, I just ignored them and concentrated on the game... They soon fucked off.

The lads seemed a bit reluctant to come and say thanks at the end of the match, wondered if they were told not to but ended up doing it anyway?

I love you, maaan.

(I may have been on the beers again)

Smoked Salmon said:
Dannyboy said:
I sadly didn't introduce or re-introduce myself to anyone - I was being a massive scared baby. stupid really
Did you go alone? I found myself on my own at half time and couldn't see any of the blokes I'd met (although Abbey Yid stopped by briefly). I should have just spoken to a random bloke.

Smoked Salmon, were you one of the group that met at Liverpool St?

linnet_spur said:
[ Image ]

I spy a Fighting Cock

I'm in there! Bottom right (to the left of the man with folded arms in the white T-shirt). Look like I'm Nazi saluting...I'm not. Just shouting/singing as loud as I can.

As for the kids I think they weren't to know to come over to us/were too disappointed by the result then someone told them to come over.

Absolutely amazing night, can't wait for the next. Let's hope it does spread to all games.

Lex said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Dannyboy said:
I sadly didn't introduce or re-introduce myself to anyone - I was being a massive scared baby. stupid really
Did you go alone? I found myself on my own at half time and couldn't see any of the blokes I'd met (although Abbey Yid stopped by briefly). I should have just spoken to a random bloke.

Smoked Salmon, were you one of the group that met at Liverpool St?
Yes. I was the guy that bought everyone beers on the train.

Did you go alone? I found myself on my own at half time and couldn't see any of the blokes I'd met (although Abbey Yid stopped by briefly). I should have just spoken to a random bloke.[/quote]

Smoked Salmon, were you one of the group that met at Liverpool St?[/quote]
Yes. I was the guy that bought everyone beers on the train.[/quote]

Ahh, thought so, I owe you a beer as I didn't get a chance to get you one back.

Just watching the game back now, Pritchard was so close to a cracking goal when it hit the bar. Coulibaly, aside from his bicycle kicks, did show some good movement in the box. The Barca players maintain a lot of pressure whenever they aren't on the ball, you don't get a break for a second. Think I just saw Ben and Ep in the crowd too.

Lex said:
I tried to square my debts at Bricklayer's after the match. I didn't succeed so well.

It dawns on me that I remember very, very little after leaving to go to the match (until S.L.R and I ended up at Upton Park, that is), but I don't think it's just from the drinks; I think it's a kind of sensory overload. I'm shocked at how many people who were in the 1882 section have been able to speak at all coherently about the actual match on the pitch. I just remember making a lot of noise and trying to figure out what to do regarding the aggressive stewards.

I did almost get lost on the way back to Bricklayer's. I was blindly following the crowd, and they all suddenly turned left (to go to the train), and I turned, too. Three or four steps into the turn, the map of the area I'd memorised clicked back on, and I recalled that there WAS NO TURN! So hooray for me, I suppose.

Incidentally, at Luton they made me throw away my 40mL tube of toothpaste because the clear bag in which it was in was "too big". They also hassled me over the agogô (read: cowbell), but decided to let me through with it. Tougher security than I've seen in ages, yet no passport exit control. England, you're the best.

Éperons said:
Lex said:
I tried to square my debts at Bricklayer's after the match. I didn't succeed so well.

It dawns on me that I remember very, very little after leaving to go to the match (until S.L.R and I ended up at Upton Park

:nawty:

Cripps14 said:
Éperons said:
Lex said:

It dawns on me that I remember very, very little after leaving to go to the match (until S.L.R and I ended up at Upton Park

:nawty:

The locals were pretty accommodating. Guess the nawty firm had gone to bed.

well my trip is coming to an end now, and I'm feeling a bit sad :klinsmann: wish I'd have gotten to know more people than I did, but at least I have an excuse to cross the small pond that is the north sea! :crouch:

S.L.R said:
The locals were pretty accommodating. Guess the nawty firm had gone to bed.
We stopped a guy and asked him where we could get a bus to the City. He insisted he spoke no English, so I just asked him in Russian, and he told us we had to walk to Stratford. Then we found a petrol station that put us in touch with a hired car, and Victoria became possible again.

In a funny coincidence vis-à-vis Stratford, today my DVD of What have you done today, Mervyn Day? was delivered, so I can relive the Lower Lea.

S.L.R said:
That taxi driver was too aggressive, but then I suppose I sort of got too heated with him in response too.
the argument between you two completely confused me. I wrote it off as an English cultural feature.

Back
Top Bottom