Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that I was critiquing either; or stating personal preference, but Winks has a better engine and has a better defensive awareness.

Sooner or later, one would assume we'll seek to build our MF around Ndombele, but whether JM will take that leap so soon, I'm not sure....

the issue you have is DM. If we have a top line DM next to Ndombele then everything gets resolved.

Erisken is off in January , what’s the point if including him in games and leaving GLC on the bench? Unless he has agreed to negotiate a new deal then I don’t see why Jose even has him on the bench

I don’t think he is off in January. He has already stated that he’s not going anywhere until the summer when he can go on a free and will reject all offers in January.

I don’t think he is off in January. He has already stated that he’s not going anywhere until the summer when he can go on a free and will reject all offers in January.
I guess we will see , I would love him to rediscover his old form and sign a new deal, however if that isn’t the case I don’t want him taking minutes away from other players such as GLC

Think he's bound to start to rotate 2 or 3 players v Bournemouth, with a view possibly to reverting to his strongest team v ManU.

From the last 2 matches its our defence and CM's who are looking porous so that's surely where the changes will be. Only question is where :
LB - Maybe Vertonghen or Sessegnon for Rose
CM
- After apologising to Dier, I suspect Dier starts again, either as a DM or replacing Alderweireld at CB
- Maybe introduce the more attacking Ndombele with either Dier or Winks v Bournemouth. With Eriksen looking good as Dier's sub, does he start Eriksen as a CM ?

Having said that, in attack Son had a poor game v Olympiacos and Moura despite excellent stats and looking a threat sometimes hasn't excelled - will he give Lo Celso a start in place of one of them v Bournemouth ?

Lots of options for change, both in the starting line up and off the bench. And with a squad of circa 25 players (of whom 3 out injured - Lloris/Vorm, Davies, Lamela) a few yet to make the bench yet alone play.
Gonna be hard to call the starting line up but for sure JM will be planning for United away on Wednesday.
Don't think Aurier or Son will start, maybe not even Dele.
Should be minutes for GLC and Ndombele and maybe a first start for RS.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that this squad is still a long way off winning games on "cruise control"

We conceded 10 goals in our 6 latest games, Bournemouth only 5.

Apparently he had a ‘deep’ conversation with Jose yesterday

Whatever that means

It's a real shame that Davies injury seems on the longer end for recovery because Danny Rose is just terrible right now. I know many point to CDM and RB (rightfully so) but when Rose is in, that may be our weakest player at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom