Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Based upon the first three games, our January priority has shifted from RB to CDM. I am shocked at how well Serge has been performing so far but Dier just doesn't do enough out there.

Jan grew into the game, expected after how long he'd been out. I really like the back four we have out there right now, we just need a proper CDM to provide cover for them.

2nd league game in a row where the team has collapsed once Dele was subbed off, maybe a coincidence.

Would cry with joy if Levy opens the biscuit tin again and let’s José get another defender and a proper defensive mid in. One can but dream..
Positive start under Mourinho, slightly marred by a couple of late lapses and a very poor half against Olympiacos.
We’ll take it though, and certain he’ll be working on these shortcomings
Proper gutted when Poch was sacked but Jose has softened the blow big time.
All in all, happy days! COYS

We have to fix these defensive issues before we face better teams because better teams will utterly punish us, if we start getting known for being flakey in the last 10 mins it will become a habit and other teams will pray on it.

Going to be very tough for Mourinho to fix but I believe he can do it, if we can manage to win a game with a clean sheet and a comprehensive scoreline it might reverse the trend and eliminate the issue in the short term in regards to mental confidence.

Because that's what I think it is, confidence, the players are good enough at the back to not being doing shit like this every week.

All that said, good result and Sissoko got the winner LOL COYS.
Agree with your points.....?but when other teams get down on their knees to genuflect and *pray *, we can put a few past them!

Vertonghen has to start every single game at lb if fit.

Sissoko alongside lo celso or ndombele in cm for me. You can see opponents shit themselves when he is charging in. We never appreciated just how immense dembele was in my opinion. He was a beast. Almost impossible to get the ball off him and so good at making tactical fouls which we have lost.

Otherwise 3 out of 3. Impossible to argue with that. If we start as poorly vs utd as we did today and equally play as complacently as we did in last 15 then hard to see us winning. Really hope moura starts and sissoko replaces Dier in cm. COYS

Back
Top Bottom