Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

thinktank

Listen to thinky
zbQXxfH.jpg

Whiteman, Rose, Foyth, Winks, Sissoko, Eriksen, Sessegnon

When will the One Hotspur members get a look in for the Bournemouth game?
Perhaps tickets will be harder to come by now JM is the new boss.
I hope to see the Burnley game next week but I'm trying to get a ticket for a friend here.

I have no idea what Jose will do...

...but I think Jan comes in at LB and Ndombele in for Winks. Otherwise it stays the same. Lo Celso will get some time during a hectic December.

...but I think Jan comes in at LB and Ndombele in for Winks. Otherwise it stays the same. Lo Celso will get some time during a hectic December.

Yep, I'd like to see that until Ben returns.

I think Winks survives the cut again.... Surely he'd have been replaced at some point tonight otherwise?

I have a feeling that JM may see Ndombele, & GLC more as options to thicken up the attacking 3rd.

With Davies out we have Vertonghen, Rose and Sessegnon who can play there, Walker-Peters and Aurier I believe have had games at left back as well. We are very well stocked in that area.

Winks will have heat on him from Sissoko, Ndombele and Lo Celso for sure, the same clearly applies to Dier. Fuck me where has all this depth suddenly come from?

It'll be a hectic December yes but it will be for every team. We can now go to Munich and get a bit of a breather which will help massively with our schedule. A sharp climb up the table seems a real possibility as things stand. Massive win tonight for many reasons with all things considered.

With Davies out we have Vertonghen, Rose and Sessegnon who can play there, Walker-Peters and Aurier I believe have had games at left back as well. We are very well stocked in that area.

Winks will have heat on him from Sissoko, Ndombele and Lo Celso for sure, the same clearly applies to Dier. Fuck me where has all this depth suddenly come from?

It'll be a hectic December yes but it will be for every team. We can now go to Munich and get a bit of a breather which will help massively with our schedule. A sharp climb up the table seems a real possibility as things stand. Massive win tonight for many reasons with all things considered.

In a few weeks GLC, Sess, Skip, Foyth, KWP, Parrot (+Lamela if fit) can all get starts against BM... That can only help things along on that front too.

In a few weeks GLC, Sess, Skip, Foyth, KWP, Parrot (+Lamela if fit) can all get starts against BM... That can only help things along on that front too.

We could literally play a starting XI consisting of Vorm, Walker-Peters, Tanganga, Foyth, Sessegnon, Skipp, Wanyama, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Parrott if we wanted and the only damage it will do is we might end up with sore bums the morning after :vdvcry::soldadowatch::vdvdive:.

Only thing stopping us from doing so is the prospect of getting pumped! That and Bayern Munich casting a beedy eye over Parrott who seems to be getting linked to Ze German giants every now and then 😳

We could literally play a starting XI consisting of Vorm, Walker-Peters, Tanganga, Foyth, Sessegnon, Skipp, Wanyama, Lo Celso, Lamela, Lucas, Parrott if we wanted and the only damage it will do is we might end up with sore bums the morning after :vdvcry::soldadowatch::vdvdive:.

Only thing stopping us from doing so is the prospect of getting pumped! That and Bayern Munich casting a beedy eye over Parrott who seems to be getting linked to Ze German giants every now and then 😳

Good thing is it's a dead rubber for both teams.... They'll probably do similar and our kids trumped theirs in the summer. :freundgoal:

Yep, I'd like to see that until Ben returns.

I think Winks survives the cut again.... Surely he'd have been replaced at some point tonight otherwise?

I have a feeling that JM may see Ndombele, & GLC more as options to thicken up the attacking 3rd.
Ndombele is better at everything Winks does. He’s just better.

I think Mou is settling in and Ndombele is coming of another injury so he’s getting the kid glove treatment. And honestly, at home vs. Bournemouth who knows.

But I think we will see something pretty close to the best XI against United. Mou will be desperate to absolutely ream them at Old Trafford.

Ndombele is better at everything Winks does. He’s just better.

I think Mou is settling in and Ndombele is coming of another injury so he’s getting the kid glove treatment. And honestly, at home vs. Bournemouth who knows.

But I think we will see something pretty close to the best XI against United. Mou will be desperate to absolutely ream them at Old Trafford.

Not that I was critiquing either; or stating personal preference, but Winks has a better engine and has a better defensive awareness.

Sooner or later, one would assume we'll seek to build our MF around Ndombele, but whether JM will take that leap so soon, I'm not sure....

Aside from injury or the occasional need to rest players I think our front four and back line will stay somewhat consistent with what we have seen. Ndombele should start this weekend. Along with Jan at left back. They were both still coming back from injury tonight. Let Aurier keep running up the right flank, the mans had his best two games of the season under Jose. The other CM role is really up for grabs still. Think Winks keeps it for now though.

Will be a reality check this game if you think we will waltz it.
Hard fought win, but still lots of work to do in defence.

Sanchez has become the man, Aurier looking good, and I’m still ok with Toby but would like to see Jan or Sess LB.
Rose is a liability, but more than any individual it’s the disarray they collectively get themselves into that’s the issue.

Can only be a good thing they have been peak banter at times in Jose’s first two games

Good time to play them as they only have 1 win in 8. I have no reason to believe Jose will change the formation as I think he wants consistency. He also realizes our defence is poor, hence the two DM, but he’s also allowing Aurier push up quite far so he’s providing extra cover. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Eriksen start but he might save that for Man U. He might start NDombele but TBH I have no idea. Despite Moura getting a goal and an assist in the last two games, I still think he’s been a bit of a passenger but he keeps up with those returns, then you can’t not start him.

4 goals conceded under Jose’s tenure. 2 were very good individual goals that I think our midfield could have done more to prevent and 2 from set pieces which I’m sure Jose will be trying to iron our pretty quick. It would be good to use the Bayern game to work our defensive tactics.

Another win please, boost the moral and confidence and get us some good momentum going into the Man U game which will be the first big test for Jose.

COYS!!

When will the One Hotspur members get a look in for the Bournemouth game?
Perhaps tickets will be harder to come by now JM is the new boss.
I hope to see the Burnley game next week but I'm trying to get a ticket for a friend here.
There's hundreds of tickets for sale in the normal place

Back
Top Bottom