Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Really hope Davies is back for this one. Makes us look so much stronger at the back.

When will the One Hotspur members get a look in for the Bournemouth game?
Perhaps tickets will be harder to come by now JM is the new boss.
I hope to see the Burnley game next week but I'm trying to get a ticket for a friend here.
Loads on the exchange for Burnley

Gazzaniga
Aurier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks - Ndombele
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane
Really hope Davies is back for this one. Makes us look so much stronger at the back.
Davies is out for a while. Hopping around on crutches with his foot in a cast/protective boot.

:harryhmm:

Gazza
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Jan
Dier - Ndombele
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane​

Without Ben I think the smart thing to do is to get Jan in to operate in the same role.

Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Sissoko off the bench.

JM in his post match interview v Wham said he thought our last 20 - 30 minutes or so where we conceded was down to players being tired, and again in the post match interview v Olympiacos he mentioned tiredness, and perhaps he should have changed 2 or 3 players rather than sticking with the same team for Olympiacos.

Think he's bound to start to rotate 2 or 3 players v Bournemouth, with a view possibly to reverting to his strongest team v ManU.

From the last 2 matches its our defence and CM's who are looking porous so that's surely where the changes will be. Only question is where :
LB - Maybe Vertonghen or Sessegnon for Rose
CM
- After apologising to Dier, I suspect Dier starts again, either as a DM or replacing Alderweireld at CB
- Maybe introduce the more attacking Ndombele with either Dier or Winks v Bournemouth. With Eriksen looking good as Dier's sub, does he start Eriksen as a CM ?

Having said that, in attack Son had a poor game v Olympiacos and Moura despite excellent stats and looking a threat sometimes hasn't excelled - will he give Lo Celso a start in place of one of them v Bournemouth ?

Lots of options for change, both in the starting line up and off the bench. And with a squad of circa 25 players (of whom 3 out injured - Lloris/Vorm, Davies, Lamela) a few yet to make the bench yet alone play.

Gazza
Aurier - Sanchez - Toby - Jan
Dier - Ndombele
Lucas - Dele - Son
Kane​

Without Ben I think the smart thing to do is to get Jan in to operate in the same role.

Lo Celso, Sessegnon and Sissoko off the bench.
I'm nervous about the Dier - Ndombele combo after the Brighton horror show.

JM in his post match interview v Wham said he thought our last 20 - 30 minutes or so where we conceded was down to players being tired, and again in the post match interview v Olympiacos he mentioned tiredness, and perhaps he should have changed 2 or 3 players rather than sticking with the same team for Olympiacos.

Think he's bound to start to rotate 2 or 3 players v Bournemouth, with a view possibly to reverting to his strongest team v ManU.

From the last 2 matches its our defence and CM's who are looking porous so that's surely where the changes will be. Only question is where :
LB - Maybe Vertonghen or Sessegnon for Rose
CM
- After apologising to Dier, I suspect Dier starts again, either as a DM or replacing Alderweireld at CB
- Maybe introduce the more attacking Ndombele with either Dier or Winks v Bournemouth. With Eriksen looking good as Dier's sub, does he start Eriksen as a CM ?

Having said that, in attack Son had a poor game v Olympiacos and Moura despite excellent stats and looking a threat sometimes hasn't excelled - will he give Lo Celso a start in place of one of them v Bournemouth ?

Lots of options for change, both in the starting line up and off the bench. And with a squad of circa 25 players (of whom 3 out injured - Lloris/Vorm, Davies, Lamela) a few yet to make the bench yet alone play.

I can see Vertonghen coming in for either Alderweireld or Rose and Ndombele in for Winks or Dier. I could also potentially see Sessengon in for Son or Lucas. Would like Lo Celso to get some minutes as well.

I'm nervous about the Dier - Ndombele combo after the Brighton horror show.
That is fair. I just think that it is what he is going to go with following yesterday. Dier is going to get another shot since Mou is very much behind him and I think Winks is hanging loose.

Alternatively it may be Dier - Lo Celso but I think Mou sees him as more competition for Dele and Eriksen.

When will the One Hotspur members get a look in for the Bournemouth game?
Perhaps tickets will be harder to come by now JM is the new boss.
I hope to see the Burnley game next week but I'm trying to get a ticket for a friend here.
Tickets for members have already been on sale.

That is fair. I just think that it is what he is going to go with following yesterday. Dier is going to get another shot since Mou is very much behind him and I think Winks is hanging loose.

Alternatively it may be Dier - Lo Celso but I think Mou sees him as more competition for Dele and Eriksen.

As has been said by others, Dier just doesn't look fit and back to his pre-injury form.

Agreed JM rated him enough for their to be rumours he tried to get him to go to ManU when JM managed there so think JM will persevere with him at least until Christmas on the assumption that it might take him until then to get match fit. But that doesn't mean Dier starting every game, just a question of which games he is involved in.

Win this game and confidence will nearly be restored.

Bournemouth are a good side so it's likely to be a stern test.

I think we will see a couple of personnel changes for this game.

Quite clearly the CM is biggest question about our lineup.

Ndombele should start. There is very little question about that. He is technically good, plays very good vertical balls upfield.

But who will we use next to him -

Lo Celso - I don't feel he would be defensive enough. I would rather see him in place of Moura in starting XI
Dier - in all fairness he was also totally out of place (and pace) against West Ham as well- giving away ball often, not executing passes well. I think he needs few weeks of individual training to get up to speed (if he ever will again) but there is no time for that in our Dec schedule
Winks - was actually not better yesterday. Inefficient, not involved enough, very poor giveaways in midfield (just got lucky that Sanchez bailed him out!), I don't feel very comfortable with him as I don't feel he offers enough on either -attacking or defensive side
Sissoko - has been left out of starting XI both times. We all know his technique is not the best. Also not much of a tackler and if Ndombele starts, he could use someone more defensive minded next to him
Skipp - well, I don't think Mou would trust him (neither did Poch), though considering his skill-set he might actually suit there.
Wanyama - not really an option anymore. Can't run. Just pointed him out here bcause of politeness.

Basically we need some steel in the midfield to protect the defense and help to control the tempo of the game... but we don't have good option for that. Hope Jose already had some targets in mind for this position and deal will be done at 01.01.2020 already. Sooner the better - this is the most problematic position of the current squad.

We need to stop shipping goals, but for the time being I can see another 3-2 here.

I think Aurier has started well under JM but we all know that its just a matter of time before he makes a costly mistake or sees red again. Rose for me is shot away and shouldn't be near the team he was absolutely shocking for both their goals last night.

We will need some fullbacks in the January window. and maybe a CB if Toby goes next summer.

The attacking third isn't the issue, we have one of the best attacking 4's in Europe IMO.

But the defence and what is sitting just in front of it needs sorting badly.

We have a manager now who will see that though, Poch did nothing to address it in the summer.

I am sure Jose will have one eye on United next week, but of course will want to keep the momentum going.

Gazza

Aurier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Dier Ndombele
Eriksen Alli Lo Celso
Kane

I could be completely wrong, Rose starting would certainly be possible with Davies out. Moura has been very good so far, but can see him being rested for United, Son wasn’t at his best yesterday but again rested for United. We will have more of the ball against Bournemouth so might use Eriksen for the killer pass. I would like to see Ndombele and Dier together to see if they compliment each other, and certainly want to see Lo Celso get his chance.

Winks - was actually not better yesterday. Inefficient, not involved enough, very poor giveaways in midfield (just got lucky that Sanchez bailed him out!), I don't feel very comfortable with him as I don't feel he offers enough on either -attacking or defensive side

Hmmmm - not involved?

Winks had 56 completed passes at 91% ... the most by any midfield player, the next midfield player on either side had just 31 completed passes.

Hmmmm - poor giveaways?

Yup he made a couple, but his actual completion rate was 91% only Lucas at 92% was better. He also made two key passes, only Eriksen (3) had more ...

So whilst he looked as shite as the rest of them for 20 minutes, over 90 minutes he was actually rather good.

Winks has a way to go and needs quality alongside him, but he ended up arguably the best midfield player on the pitch yesterday, and that was after a shocking opening 20 minutes. It's why Jose left him on.

Back
Top Bottom