Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmmm - poor giveaways?

Yup he made a couple, but his actual completion rate was 91% only Lucas at 92% was better. He also made two key passes, only Eriksen (3) had more ...

Winks lost the ball after a lot of twisting and turning instead of misplacing passes so I understand why TheSpurEst calls it poor giveaways since I agree. Winks was pretty involved though.

I would rest Lucas, Winks and Dier for this one.

---------------------Gazza-----------------------
Aurier------Sanchez---Toby------Vertonghen
--------------N'dombele--Sissoko-------------
----Lo'Celso--------Alli------------Son-------
-----------------------Kane--------------------

Hmmmm - not involved?

Winks had 56 completed passes at 91% ... the most by any midfield player, the next midfield player on either side had just 31 completed passes.

Hmmmm - poor giveaways?

Yup he made a couple, but his actual completion rate was 91% only Lucas at 92% was better. He also made two key passes, only Eriksen (3) had more ...

So whilst he looked as shite as the rest of them for 20 minutes, over 90 minutes he was actually rather good.

Winks has a way to go and needs quality alongside him, but he ended up arguably the best midfield player on the pitch yesterday, and that was after a shocking opening 20 minutes. It's why Jose left him on.

Yea, sry mate, you can make 100 passes and have 96% of completion rate.
But if you give a through-ball to opposition attacker in other 4 times and we concede 4, then you have absolutely awful game, I don't think there is two ways to watch it.

Also number of passes is not smth that exites or impresses me. Yesterday he might have played most passes, but just being able to play 50ish short sideways passes does not do much to influence the game. It seemed to me that his passes did not have any speed nor were they penetrative enough.

That is often the case - when he plays more defensive role, he is not closing down nor tackling enough and we struggle to control the midfield. When he plays more attacking role, his passing is not progressive enough and the ball moves too slowly (I mean who played penetrative passes? CBs, fullbacks and Alli). Neither does he posess too great of the speed and ball carrying ability. For those reasons I think his role will be a squad player for us.

Bittersweet playing this game knowing what we could have had as a manager instead...so jealous of Bournemouth!

tenor.gif

According to premierinjuries.com they are the club with the highest number of unavailable players.

Ruled out

Joshua King (Thigh)
Simon Francis (Supsended)
David Brooks (Ankle/foot)
Charlie Daniels (Knee)
Dominic Solanke (Thigh)
Junior Stanislas (Knee)

Doubt (50%)

Andrew Surman (Knee)
Lloyd Kelly (Thigh)

Quite a few people disagreed with me when I suggested last nights game was the one for rotation.

Mourinho admitted himself after the game he should have rotated more. It's no shock given they were described by him as fatigued after the West Ham game, then play 3 days later in another high intensity match.

I think we might see something like this;

Gazza
Aurier Toby Dav Jan
Sissoko Eriksen
Moura Dele Son
Kane

Although the United game is only a few days later - he may want to rest say Son and Dele in exchange for Sessegnon and Celso.

Quite a few people disagreed with me when I suggested last nights game was the one for rotation.

Mourinho admitted himself after the game he should have rotated more. It's no shock given they were described by him as fatigued after the West Ham game, then play 3 days later in another high intensity match.

I think we might see something like this;

Gazza
Aurier Toby Dav Jan
Sissoko Eriksen
Moura Dele Son
Kane

Although the United game is only a few days later - he may want to rest say Son and Dele in exchange for Sessegnon and Celso.

I mainly disagreed with not playing our best attackers for such a big game. Leaving things to chance away to Bayern would have been foolish.

Dele will start again.... Bank on it. He's come off early in both games so far anyway......

The smart money would be on Jan for Rose but maybe Jose doesn't want to kill his confidence and doesn't trust Jan against pace out wide - he does look to have lost a yard this season.

I have a feeling Dier will start again simply as a vote of confidence after being hauled off but he really needs to perform. The issue is his lack of mobility and if he isn't getting around the pitch and getting stuck in to players then he is offering nothing. A midfield combo of Winks and Dier offers almost no protection to the defence as neither can tackle or offer much physicality. I'm skeptical Dier will reach his previous levels again but I think Jose will give him another shot this weekend.

After his cameo last night I think Ndombele gets his start alongside Dier. Hopefully now he's no longer doing Poch's ridiculous training regime he might have the legs to complete a 90 mins.

In attack, it's possible one of Lucas or Son is replaced by Lo Celso as they cover a lot of ground out wide and Mourinho's comments about tiredness make them prime candidates to sit this out.

So 2 or a max of 3 changes to the XI. I sense a strong performance incoming.

Erisken is off in January , what’s the point if including him in games and leaving GLC on the bench? Unless he has agreed to negotiate a new deal then I don’t see why Jose even has him on the bench

According to premierinjuries.com they are the club with the highest number of unavailable players.

Ruled out

Joshua King (Thigh)
Simon Francis (Supsended)
David Brooks (Ankle/foot)
Charlie Daniels (Knee)
Dominic Solanke (Thigh)
Junior Stanislas (Knee)

Doubt (50%)

Andrew Surman (Knee)
Lloyd Kelly (Thigh)

David Brooks is a big loss for them. Good player, imo.

Erisken is off in January , what’s the point if including him in games and leaving GLC on the bench? Unless he has agreed to negotiate a new deal then I don’t see why Jose even has him on the bench

I don't know.. like with Bale, he was always off in that summer - yet he performed right until the last minutes of the season - scoring from outside the box against Sunderland for a dramatic late winner.

It's all about performance. We pay his wages - if he performs, play him. If he doesn't, drop him like he has been.

But if he wants to put free kicks in like last night for the remainder of his time with us - we should probably make the most of it.

The smart money would be on Jan for Rose but maybe Jose doesn't want to kill his confidence and doesn't trust Jan against pace out wide - he does look to have lost a yard this season.

I have a feeling Dier will start again simply as a vote of confidence after being hauled off but he really needs to perform. The issue is his lack of mobility and if he isn't getting around the pitch and getting stuck in to players then he is offering nothing. A midfield combo of Winks and Dier offers almost no protection to the defence as neither can tackle or offer much physicality. I'm skeptical Dier will reach his previous levels again but I think Jose will give him another shot this weekend.

After his cameo last night I think Ndombele gets his start alongside Dier. Hopefully now he's no longer doing Poch's ridiculous training regime he might have the legs to complete a 90 mins.

In attack, it's possible one of Lucas or Son is replaced by Lo Celso as they cover a lot of ground out wide and Mourinho's comments about tiredness make them prime candidates to sit this out.

So 2 or a max of 3 changes to the XI. I sense a strong performance incoming.

Sound like the José whisperer :vertna:

Back
Top Bottom