Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope, sadly we need a lot more than that. A new GK, CH, RB, LB, DM and supporting striker is the bare minimum
A bit pessimistic. Gazza is a good keeper. I don't think many goalkeepers would have stopped that FK. Aurier is improving quickly and defending well. Davies is still a good FB. Tendency towards injuries I know but he has a few good seasons left. As for a striker, dele back, son, Lucas and Lamela, I don't think that's a priority at all. I recant my previous post as I said 2 FB's and thinking about it, I was wrong. The defence is a mess but that's a leftover from Poch. I think Jose will be sorting it out very quickly. The players are mostly there, except for a really tough DM or CB . It's just going to take a little time to change the thinking and approach. But we're getting there and I have high hopes.

Another win, that’s what we were craving for months now.....shit ton of work to do in midfield and defence still but Jose will sort that in the coming weeks/months.
Gonna say there is at least 6 players playing for their futures right now and it will be shape up or ship out by the summer..
I have no problems with Jose trying to work out our final 3rd as that’s what he does best, if he was trying to get us to score goals then there’s a worry, but as it stands our front 3rd is sweet as a nut!!

A 3-2 win over Bournemouth at home is still an improvement on struggling to draws with Watford and Sheffield United - although they are doing well just now - it’s obvious where the problems are so hopefully Mourinho can and will do some sorting out in the meantime and buy the necessary players in the next couple of windows.
Onwards and upwards.
We will never know but under Pochettino Spurs might well not have won any of the three games in the last week.

Mourinho will drill the players to cut out a lot of these issue. Still plainly obvious we need a dynamic DM to partner Ndombele or Winks or whoever is playing the number 8 role. Either that or Dier/Wanyama need to be fixed.

Attack wise I am enjoying it.

After the run of games under Poch this year I’m just enjoying it watching the speed of our breaks

Early days yet defensively and it will get sorted

Another win, that’s what we were craving for months now.....shit ton of work to do in midfield and defence still but Jose will sort that in the coming weeks/months.
Gonna say there is at least 6 players playing for their futures right now and it will be shape up or ship out by the summer..
I have no problems with Jose trying to work out our final 3rd as that’s what he does best, if he was trying to get us to score goals then there’s a worry, but as it stands our front 3rd is sweet as a nut!!
You really think Levy would entertain replacing half the team??

A 3-2 win over Bournemouth at home is still an improvement on struggling to draws with Watford and Sheffield United - although they are doing well just now - it’s obvious where the problems are so hopefully Mourinho can and will do some sorting out in the meantime and buy the necessary players in the next couple of windows.
Onwards and upwards.

And never forget the home defeat to Newcastle as that was the pits

Maybe but he was a good player before the injury issues, maybe we could show a bit of loyalty and give him a chance to try and get back to his best?
Were not a charity, we need a better option in Jan window (Zakaria )Deir and the likewise excellent but busted Wanyama can work any potential rehabilitation in the under23's. I fear we have seen the best of both. When they are moved on they go with the love and respect of the fan base. It would be a shame for eithers legacy to be spoilt by what they are turning in at the moment.

A bit pessimistic. Gazza is a good keeper. I don't think many goalkeepers would have stopped that FK. Aurier is improving quickly and defending well. Davies is still a good FB. Tendency towards injuries I know but he has a few good seasons left. As for a striker, dele back, son, Lucas and Lamela, I don't think that's a priority at all. I recant my previous post as I said 2 FB's and thinking about it, I was wrong. The defence is a mess but that's a leftover from Poch. I think Jose will be sorting it out very quickly. The players are mostly there, except for a really tough DM or CB . It's just going to take a little time to change the thinking and approach. But we're getting there and I have high hopes.
No keeper would have saved the free kick, but the aura of a keeper is a big thing in football. Schmichael had it, De Gea has it, Neuer has it, that notion that it takes something that bit more special to beat them. In that view, Nubel looks like he has it, and he is free come January.

After that, pacy full backs that can keep going for 90 minutes are needed and a mobile centre half to partner Davinson. That game today was like Crystal Palace, no pressure on Toby and he looks great, a wee touch of pressure and he looks like a traffic cone in a dance off with Louis Spence.

I still think Barrios is the wee fucker we need for DM, gritty hard working and has one job to stop the opposition playing. If he can man mark Messi, he gets my attention.

That really wasn’t very good.

Front 3 look superb, even if the decision making was crap today.

mourning defense wasn’t too bad.

The mess is our Midfield. It offers no protecruin and little control, although the best spell of the game from a point of control was approx between 46-70mins.

Take the win. Up the Spurs!
Protecruin? I'm confused..

Back
Top Bottom