Tottenham v Bournmouth (30.11.19) (3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totally fucking ridiculous to have it any other way.

So what happens if a defender handles in his own penalty area and no penalty is given , and the defender then boots the ball upfield to get an assist for a goal ?

Fucking illogical madness will always be outed as fucking illogical madness if we give it long enough.
I don't understand your point.

A defender handles in his own box then boots the ball upfield for his attacker to go on and score.

Is the goal chalked off for a handball in the build up to the goal and if so is a penalty given ?
Bit like their offside late on today when their guy was clearly off, but the lino, as instructed, kept his flag down and the ball went out for a corner to them. What if they’d scored from that corner? Would VAR have checked it? I highly doubt it. It’s a fucking mess.

A defender handles in his own box then boots the ball upfield for his attacker to go on and score.

Is the goal chalked off for a handball in the build up to the goal and if so is a penalty given ?
I'm still a bit unsure about your point.
If a defender handles in his own box-then that's a foul. It's a penalty. Whatever happens afterwards doesn't matter. Same as any other VAR decision.
Why is it only a foul if an attacker handles in the box?

Bit like their offside late on today when their guy was clearly off, but the lino, as instructed, kept his flag down and the ball went out for a corner to them. What if they’d scored from that corner? Would VAR have checked it? I highly doubt it. It’s a fucking mess.
Yeah, I was pissed off by that and so was Lee Dixon.
The lino got it wrong and they wound up with a corner.

I'll try again. Who instead of Rose?

My position is absolutely clear - Rose at left back.

Who would you play v. Bournemouth?

I said this in number of posts in this thread days before the game.
Vertonghen.
And Mourinho agreed.
Vertongen played and played his role well. If in previous game we could easily point to Rose mistake leading to goal, there was none by Verts today. It was good game and every day of the week I prefer Jan to Rose.
Though most likely there will be some rotation in this position with Jan (and hopefully in some point with Sessegnon).

Back
Top Bottom