Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We got a match to play on Saturday. Need to continue the way we played vs Barcelona.

---------------------Lloris----------------
----KWP---Toby---Jan---Rose---
----------Dier-----Sissoko-----------
-----Son------Lamela------Lucas--
--------------------Kane-----------------

Must take 3 points

We got a match to play on Saturday. Need to continue the way we played vs Barcelona.

---------------------Lloris----------------
----KWP---Toby---Jan---Rose---
----------Dier-----Sissoko-----------
-----Son------Lamela------Lucas--
--------------------Kane-----------------

Must take 3 points

Absolutely.

Bar the Woolwich match we have been amazing.

Completely gobsmacked by tonight.

These lot just aren't very good. It still annoys me that we drew with them at Wembley last season. We have Woolwich coming up next week so I have no doubt we will have an eye on that. I wouldn't do anything too drastic though.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Sissoko - Dier - Dele
Eriksen - Kane - Lucas
3-0.

I can see this match being much more difficult because it is between Barcelona and Woolwich matches. So often in the past the massive effort needed to get through a big match like yesterday brings a backlash in a poor performance in the next match. I would make changes to freshen up the team and just be happy with a scrappy close win.

Old school fixture...
Old school kick-off time...
Sandwiched between 2 massive midweek games...
Let's 'Old School' them!

BTW... we seemed to 'get into trouble' with parts of the media for NOT selling out 80,000 against Southampton... and judging by last nights' result, the feelgood factor should manifest itself on the ticket sales over the next day or so...

Full house I reckon! (Minus the top tier which we're not allowed now for some reason!!)

Do what we did at Leicester, full strength against The Scum
If we'd gone out last night then I'm sure we'd go full strength at the Death Star. Now, I'd be really surprised. League Cup ties can sandwich next round of CL, and one is defo more important than the other.

We've also got a shed load of injuries right now, again

If we'd gone out last night then I'm sure we'd go full strength at the Death Star. Now, I'd be really surprised. League Cup ties can sandwich next round of CL, and one is defo more important than the other.

We've also got a shed load of injuries right now, again

True but Id love to blind side them while they rest a few and come away from there with a 7-0 massacre.
Lets see how many "dont care" because it was their reserves

Do what we did at Leicester, full strength against The Scum

Hes not going to though is he?

The League cup is just not a priority to Poch, whether we like it or not, and regardless of who we are playing.

And as usual with previous ties in this comp against this shit stain of a football club it will come down to who calls the others bluff with regard to selection.

I would presume that Emery is the more desperate to finish top 4 in order to pronounce his first year in charge as a success. They have issues at CB, but we also have plenty of players out.

I would expect a weakened team with a strong bench, and the game to be influenced by subs, which concerns me as Emery's sub game would seem to be superior to Pochs, being that he relies on it most weeks.

And a strong side put out against Burnley.

For this game I'm going for a (glut of "we are fucking shit" posts after ten mins) 1-0

Last edited:
True but Id love to blind side them while they rest a few and come away from there with a 7-0 massacre.
Lets see how many "dont care" because it was their reserves
Yes.
As much of a burden the league cup might be when we have bigger fish to fry, I want to smash these cunts next week first. We can start rotating in the next round. As long as those cunts are out of it before us.

Back
Top Bottom