Tottenham v Burnley(Wembley). 15th 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could have been joint with Woolwich on 37 points as it looked on 90 minutes yesterday, instead we have a 5 point gap between us and them less than 24 hours later. All in all its been a pretty decent weekend regarding our minimum target for the season of getting that Champions League place next season.

Have not seen the Southampton match today but they shipped 2 goals but scored 3 against a top 5 team and are now above Burnley. Emery quoted as saying 'Southampton deserved the result because they pushed and played with big ambition'.
You need wins and 3 points to get to safety. Hope Southampton survive and Burnley go down.

At home. A huge difference.

41000 at Wembley. I used to stand on the shelf near the half way line. When you watch TV or a stream you are watching from the half way line. That is my prefered option. So why when I looked before the Burnley match were there no available seats near the half way line and yet when I watched the match there were loads of empty seats there. Are they all paid for and not used? Same for Bournemouth match but bet there will be loads empty.

For bus-conductor to say that Sissoko “whacked it at Lamela “ says it all about his ridiculous biase

I suppose he also “whacked it” at KWP for Barca’s goal on Tuesday!!!
OH FFS
:pochfacepalm:
Do you even read Blakey's posts.
If you had of done you would know that Barca's goal was totally on Sissoko for woefully UNDER HITTING his header.
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Just caught up on the thread. Was there yesterday, funny game with some decent performances but frustrating with them playing so many behind the ball. Still felt we could take it when the goal finally went in.

Had some trouble though, we were in 107 which is generally accepted as the family stand, me and another mum with our 3 young teens in front of us. 3 (tall) grown men in front of our boys had been ‘looking’ at them after half time and took their time sitting back down, I hadn’t really noticed this but my friend did. When the goal went in, they stayed standing after and ignored us asking them to sit down. One of our boys asked them to sit down (politely) and one of these grown adult men turned round and told him to F*** off! The boys were so shocked and just looked at us, I asked him what he had said and he said agreesively, “I told him to F*** off and you should teach them some effing manners!” I immediately tried to get the attention of nearby stewards while my friend was told that the boys had been making ‘silly comments’ all game and they were getting what they deserved! I eventually got up and waved to the stewards, told them these men were being abusive and went back to my seat. People all around us were outraged, one guy telling the men strongly to sit down and shut up. They finally did sit down and a steward came over and sat next to the guy, seemingly ‘having a word’ then got up and left. We didn’t see the final minutes and it completely spoiled our day for us. I have emailed the club and asked them to deal with it appropriately. It was completely out of order.

Just caught up on the thread. Was there yesterday, funny game with some decent performances but frustrating with them playing so many behind the ball. Still felt we could take it when the goal finally went in.

Had some trouble though, we were in 107 which is generally accepted as the family stand, me and another mum with our 3 young teens in front of us. 3 (tall) grown men in front of our boys had been ‘looking’ at them after half time and took their time sitting back down, I hadn’t really noticed this but my friend did. When the goal went in, they stayed standing after and ignored us asking them to sit down. One of our boys asked them to sit down (politely) and one of these grown adult men turned round and told him to F*** off! The boys were so shocked and just looked at us, I asked him what he had said and he said agreesively, “I told him to F*** off and you should teach them some effing manners!” I immediately tried to get the attention of nearby stewards while my friend was told that the boys had been making ‘silly comments’ all game and they were getting what they deserved! I eventually got up and waved to the stewards, told them these men were being abusive and went back to my seat. People all around us were outraged, one guy telling the men strongly to sit down and shut up. They finally did sit down and a steward came over and sat next to the guy, seemingly ‘having a word’ then got up and left. We didn’t see the final minutes and it completely spoiled our day for us. I have emailed the club and asked them to deal with it appropriately. It was completely out of order.

I'm sorry you had that experience. There are idiots among us, that's for sure.

Brave men. It's a shame you get these wankers at football matches. Having a go at some youngsters with their mums...utterly pathetic. I'm sure these pricks will soon get their come-uppance though behaving like that

Brave men. It's a shame you get these wankers at football matches. Having a go at some youngsters with their mums...utterly pathetic. I'm sure these pricks will soon get their come-uppance though behaving like that

Yeah, it really shocked me to be honest, normally we only receive good vibes from just about everyone we come across, even away fans on the way home etc.

At the new stadium today, my son suddenly saw him again and it put us all on edge again. I will follow up with the club tomorrow, he should be banned from the family stands at a minimum.

Yeah, it really shocked me to be honest, normally we only receive good vibes from just about everyone we come across, even away fans on the way home etc.

At the new stadium today, my son suddenly saw him again and it put us all on edge again. I will follow up with the club tomorrow, he should be banned from the family stands at a minimum.

It's gutting you and your friend had that experience with the kids. These vile people should be banned, utter scumbags & total cowards. Sad isn't it u get 'adults' like that with such fragile egos they do stuff like that. I hope the kids quickly forget these lame twats

My language tends to be a bit strong at games, but I do my best to curb it when there are kids around, but I would never actually swear at a child - disgraceful behaviour, I hope they throw the book at them.

My language tends to be a bit strong at games, but I do my best to curb it when there are kids around, but I would never actually swear at a child - disgraceful behaviour, I hope they throw the book at them.

We are used to hearing the bad language and the songs, the boys get it, sometimes they smirk when they hear a particularly bad line in a song. But to have that kind of aggression directed at them deliberately, simply because apparently they had been ‘annoying’ with their childishness during the game, is just not on.

grow up Baz, you are really coming across as a really sanctimonious prick at the moment
all this because I believe he should have taken the shot on?

Really?
you'd rather that sissoko, a player with less attacking ability than a prime jason lee, take a shot from 18 yards than pass the ball to lamela for an easier chance 10 yards out?

you really think that passing to lamela gave a lower chance to score?

i don't believe you.

That’s bang out of order Tracy, you just don’t demonstrate that kind of behaviour around kids end of story. Hope your boys are ok? Give them a high 5 from me and tell them that unfortunately there are arseholes [or a word of your choice] like him in society.
Don’t worry not too many more games at Wembley and we can all get back to normality.

OH FFS
:pochfacepalm:
Do you even read Blakey's posts.
If you had of done you would know that Barca's goal was totally on Sissoko for woefully UNDER HITTING his header.
:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

I usually manage about the first half a dozen lines before getting a headache
Then I find a post by Mick Cooper which always cheers me up and then I finish Blakeys missive

Do you think they like Sissoko?

you'd rather that sissoko, a player with less attacking ability than a prime jason lee, take a shot from 18 yards than pass the ball to lamela for an easier chance 10 yards out?

you really think that passing to lamela gave a lower chance to score?

i don't believe you.
Take another look at the goal he scored for France in the last Euro's.
That's what he can do.

And you misunderstood what I said, apart from playing the pass at some pace he had to get it through the legs of one of their defenders IIRC, I just think people expected him to shoot, and it surprised Lamela.
The only fault, if that word is appropriate, that I leveled at him was that I wish that he had the confidence to try a pot at goal.
If he had passed the ball at the same pace at the right part of the goal he would have scored.
I'm not blaming him for anything other than not having the confidence to take the shot on.

Take another look at the goal he scored for France in the last Euro's.
That's what he can do.

And you misunderstood what I said, apart from playing the pass at some pace he had to get it through the legs of one of their defenders IIRC, I just think people expected him to shoot, and it surprised Lamela.
The only fault, if that word is appropriate, that I leveled at him was that I wish that he had the confidence to try a pot at goal.
If he had passed the ball at the same pace at the right part of the goal he would have scored.
I'm not blaming him for anything other than not having the confidence to take the shot on.
what he did once in the last 100+ games is less important to my thinking than what he does regularly and he blatantly cannot shoot for shit. Every player scores the odd worldy in their career.

Understand your point about lamela being surprised though, although having seen the chance few times now i really think the pass was ok and lamela should have have buried it.

I think everyone's personal opinions of sissoko makes every footstep he takes over scrutinized - what's interesting to me is that the people i watched the game with are all neutrals and not one made any mention of sissoko's pass - they just thought lamela fucked it up.

Back
Top Bottom